Post-Game Talk: Black and Blue Friday in Sunrise. Jets win 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Agreed. Really nice adds to the forward group giving us much more depth and balance and a clean slate for the new team leadership. Lowry is proving to be a very good captain for this team.
There's a lot of factors to pick from on why the Jets are playing like they are. It definitely could be Lowry and his combination of likeable humbleness and leading by example on the ice, which has gotta be good for the room. It could be the guys who are no longer here. It could be the team finally buying into what Bowness is selling. It could be the players we got from the Kings playing like they give a shit and it's infectious. Maybe certain key players have just reached an age and maturity where they just want to win. Probably some combo of all.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I am seeing some funny stuff get posted after this game I like this one

876me0.jpg

Funny gif

On a somber note, one thing that is tough is that this team was at ringside calling the action when Owen Hart fell to his death……. watching them talk about it years later you can tell it still haunts them both.

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
That was a very good road win

I have to say I was worried about the 2nd line getting caved in when the Panthers wanted to play a heavy shutdown style game but they really played well. I think our 2nd/3rd/4th lines out played the Panthers and our 1st line was 50/50 against there big line. Both goalies were great but Helly made it look super easy out there. D handled the pressure well tonight and guys like Dillon and Samberg should why its nice to have some size back there but Morrissey was just a beast again tonight, guy is playing incredible hockey right now.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
This is who we thought the Jets were … so glad the critics are crickets now.
Ehlers and the boys must have had a great time fishing yesterday … it showed they came to play tonight.
Speaking of Ehlers that’s the prettiest goal of the NHL season so far … wow.
This is what team chemistry looks like … no passengers everybody plays for each other.

LowLefty

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 29, 2016
I picked the wrong night to miss a Jets game by what I have seen in the highlights -
Look forward to watching this in the morning -
I'm not reading any complaints in this thread and it sounds like our D were top shelf - great news.
That Ehlers goal was the Ehlers I have been waiting for - more great news.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
@sipowicz -- I hope Ehlers is "finally" out of your doghouse, with that beauty of a goal tonight. I'll say it again, that guy has great NHL burst speed, and can gain entry into the offensive zone, and has a very accurate shot. Why would anybody want to trade a guy of his calibre. Ehlers is a huge talent.
Pretty sure Ehlers has to pound a few more faces yet

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I really like the game of Namestikov. According to the radio broadcast he has 7 points, in his last 7 games, and in the plus, minus category he is + 12 ( great) This guy is underrated, covers a lot of ice quickly, and is a great playmaker. For the $ 2million we pay him , you can't find a better deal than that, on a great 2 way forward. I'm a fan.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Fraud City MB
4/4 points so far and now I'm greedy and want 6/6 points on this road trip. 5 game winning streak teams feeling really good about themselves, Preds playing pretty good atm but I see the streak continuing. Question Helle or LB on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad