Status
Not open for further replies.

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
What about The Shoe? :laugh:
I may have just dated myself.
Sometimes dating yourself is better than dating other people.

So what is the Shoe? I assume you're not talking about a Manolo Blahnik here.

Finally got home, checked out the highlights, watched the recap, then went to MonkeyPuck and found that we're 97% odds of making the playoffs. All is good in Jets World.

According to the NHL site, we're the only team now riding a 5 game winning streak. See what happens when I have to work and miss the game? You're welcome. The bad news is that I will be watching tomorrow's game against Nashville and happen to have won 4 games in a row.

If the news tomorrow is bad, it's all my fault.

Last edited:

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Yeah I was pretty down on him but that goal and that leap around play earlier were amazing. He still doesn't have the flat or speed but his agility is almost back to normal which is huge
I think Ehlers burst speed and top end speed is as fast as its ever been. He has no problem going right thru defenders, or skating around them like they are pylons. On top of that, his stickhandling and shot are top notch. Nikky is really starting to come into his own right now. He is a bigtime talent for the Jets. If he can stay healthy, and we keep getting goaltending we can easily push deep into the playoffs, and maybe make it to the Cup final. We need Ehlers and Cole to stay healthy this year.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB

Finally got home, checked out the highlights, watched the recap, then went to MonkeyPuck and found that we're 97% odds of making the playoffs. All is good in Jets World.

According to the NHL site, we're the only team now riding a 5 game winning streak. See what happens when I have to work and miss the game? You're welcome. The bad news is that I will be watching tomorrow's game against Nashville and happen to have won 4 games in a row.

Lars-Erik Sjoberg who played for the Jets mostly in the WHA days was also known as "the little general"

Guardian17

Strong & Free
Aug 29, 2010
Winnipeg
Did the Jets look impressive in that game!

7fac881f0fba9971a93ad89390d2742426f1c94c.gif

We always had the offense, but, our play without the puck has improved dramatically.

It's nice to have a 2 goal lead in the 3rd and feel comfortable that the Jets will win.

I liked how we didn't lose our minds when Tkachuk started to stir things up.

Dillon rag dolled that Panther.

On to Nashville.

pamela-anderson-baywatch.gif

Here's the full version of the latest version of Runway.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast

If the Jets lose to the Preds Sunday ... we are going to make sure you go out on a date every Jet's game.
No more watching Jets hockey for you.:D

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
I wonder how we compare to the 2017-18 jets? Probably not as talented D but more structured.
This team is more talented than the 2017-2018 with more players that can score, it's not young, it's not old, it's now a mature team with the window of opportunity wide open before them........lets all jump on board and enjoy the ride. I recall Bones's comment before he was hired about needing a defensive structure to be atop team......give the cat your applause, he did it and was dead on with his prediction.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
This team is more talented than the 2017-2018 with more players that can score, it's not young, it's not old, it's now a mature team with the window of opportunity wide open before them........lets all jump on board and enjoy the ride. I recall Bones's comment before he was hired about needing a defensive structure to be atop team......give the cat your applause, he did it and was dead on with his prediction.

This is one of my fav iteration of the Jets but they are not more talented than 17-18 Jets... atleast the version of the team in the 2nd half of that season. People forget that Perreault-Little-Roslovic was the 4th line of that 17-18 team in the playoffs lol. That team had prime-Wheeler plus the Laine X-factor esp on the PP.

Not to mention that team basically two top pairing worth defense pairing including Buff... one of the most impactful players in the history of this franchise.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Just realized we have 69 goals for this year. I wonder if we go the rest of the year winning 1-0 in shootouts if that would change.

Being a playoff team with 69 goals for would be almost as good as a Stanley Cup tbh

Jetland162702

Pup-peroni Junkie
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Count yourself lucky you got to see the Jets win 3 Championships plus the only time the Jets beat Gretzky in the playoffs to win the Avco Cup.
Truth be known I was not a Jets fan until I moved to Winnipeg in the summer of 1978 but I was there for their last Avco Cup victory.

I think others have told the story of The Shoe so I will leave it there.
As for dating myself, I was never rejected but I always got stuck with the cheque. :laugh:

Snowboy

Oct 12, 2013
This is one of my fav iteration of the Jets but they are not more talented than 17-18 Jets... atleast the version of the team in the 2nd half of that season. People forget that Perreault-Little-Roslovic was the 4th line of that 17-18 team in the playoffs lol. That team had prime-Wheeler plus the Laine X-factor esp on the PP.

Not to mention that team basically two top pairing worth defense pairing including Buff... one of the most impactful players in the history of this franchise.
.......not to mention this team is still in it's ascendancy mode with the new system, still need to improve passing accuracy and speed, but so do most teams.

Reactions: Jetfaninflorida

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010

yeah i've heard or read to many posts of "this team's like the 17-18 team!" over the last couple years. everyone's so quick to compare it to that team. IMO this team is playing extremely well but lets see how the rest of the regular season + POs unfold prior to crowning them best-team-ever or anything.

Just realized we have 69 goals for this year. I wonder if we go the rest of the year winning 1-0 in shootouts if that would change.

Being a playoff team with 69 goals for would be almost as good as a Stanley Cup tbh
nice

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
If the Jets lose to the Preds Sunday ... we are going to make sure you go out on a date every Jet's game.
No more watching Jets hockey for you.:D
The bad news is I'm hoping to watch THREE whole games this week, counting the Oilers and Hawks.

FWIW, I'm not dating, I'm working! My two nights a week gig has morphed into four nights, usually 8-12 Wed-Sat, which leaves me rings under my eyes and falling asleep in Sobey's. But I clear over $200 every night (ahem, mostly tax free) so when I've mused about quitting after Xmas I've caught a lot of shade from friends. Or, as one guy so delicately phrased it: "Most babes don't make that much even swinging on a pole".

Trying to meet the basics of daily living, keep up with my thesis, stay in touch with my friends, still have a sex life besides dating myself, and watch a few Jets games now and then is more tiring than I ever imagined. It's given me a whole new appreciation for how workers cope in this gig economy. Okay, end of whining, but I really WILL watch the Jets this week and accept any bad influence that might have.

Last edited:

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
I really like the game of Namestikov. According to the radio broadcast he has 7 points, in his last 7 games, and in the plus, minus category he is + 12 ( great) This guy is underrated, covers a lot of ice quickly, and is a great playmaker. For the $ 2million we pay him , you can't find a better deal than that, on a great 2 way forward. I'm a fan.
he's been playing real well all year. i thought he would do well in spot duty as a top-6er, but he's been heating up in production rather than slowing down. iirc in a lot of the secondary or tertiary stats (ie: zone exits) he rates really well in. he's been a great fit down the middle doing the 2-way duties while ehlers & perfetti have been going to town offensively.

Yogi141

Feb 24, 2018
That Dillon really mopped the ice up with Reinhart. Very tough guy, and stable defenseman, and the Jets need a couple enforcers like Dillon and Lowry. Please resign Dillon Chevy -- he's very worth what he makes. Few teams will take liberties with our lighter talent guys.
I see so many posts about re-signing the two Dillons and yet we also want them to get Heinola and Chisholm into the game. Heinola is a LD as is Morrissey, Samburg and Dillon. How do we get them all, playing? The right side is where we are weak. While I would rather get rid of Schmidt than Dillon, he plays on the right so we need him until we can get a better right D. It will be interesting to see how Chevy solves this problem.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
yeah i've heard or read to many posts of "this team's like the 17-18 team!" over the last couple years. everyone's so quick to compare it to that team. IMO this team is playing extremely well but lets see how the rest of the regular season + POs unfold prior to crowning them best-team-ever or anything.

Yeah that 17-18 team is one of the best teams of the entire salary cap era. It is not easy to meet or surpass their talent.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I see so many posts about re-signing the two Dillons and yet we also want them to get Heinola and Chisholm into the game. Heinola is a LD as is Morrissey, Samburg and Dillon. How do we get them all, playing? The right side is where we are weak. While I would rather get rid of Schmidt than Dillon, he plays on the right so we need him until we can get a better right D. It will be interesting to see how Chevy solves this problem.
Heinola will have to play his offside.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

We aren't going to be able to keep everyone due to the cap. One dmen will have to be moved out this summer. Heinola looks to be used on the right side. Likely in Schmidts spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad