Post-Game Talk: Black and Blue Friday in Sunrise. Jets win 3-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
I honestly think it was addition by subtraction, for starters. We've seen the impact to a certain extent of the 3 new players, with much more to see from them but the two distractions being gone IMO, is the biggest net positive. The Neiderreiter and Namestnikov acquisitions which were both kind of under the radar signings but the type that Chevy makes have proved a boon to solidifying the forward depth on this team.

We basically got 5 new nhl tier players after years of having AHL tweeners

That plus the chemistry this team has is just special to see right now

Makes a huge difference - having Nino, Iafallo, Names, Kupari and Vilardi instead of lines like GST of old makes a massive difference in depth

I can’t wait to see this team when Vilardi and Kupari are back in

Just imagine if Heinola never got injured

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
We've never really seen what the "centerpiece" of the Dubois trade can do, being Villardi. What a great deal for the Jets. No way Dubois will even score half the points these 3 LA guys will produce. Great trade, and got rid of a headache at the same time.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
3 way tie for 1st in the Central.
paris-hilton-thats-hawt.gif

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
This is who we thought the Jets were … so glad the critics are crickets now.
Ehlers and the boys must have had a great time fishing yesterday … it showed they came to play tonight.
Speaking of Ehlers that’s the prettiest goal of the NHL season so far … wow.
This is what team chemistry looks like … no passengers everybody plays for each other.
The real losers are the T O sports media and I love it.

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
I really like the game of Namestikov. According to the radio broadcast he has 7 points, in his last 7 games, and in the plus, minus category he is + 12 ( great) This guy is underrated, covers a lot of ice quickly, and is a great playmaker. For the $ 2million we pay him , you can't find a better deal than that, on a great 2 way forward. I'm a fan.
he's a keeper and he's getting recognition , better not get all brandon tanev on us, i want him in a few runs

Reactions: GNP

Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
We basically got 5 new nhl tier players after years of having AHL tweeners

That plus the chemistry this team has is just special to see right now

Makes a huge difference - having Nino, Iafallo, Names, Kupari and Vilardi instead of lines like GST of old makes a massive difference in depth

I can’t wait to see this team when Vilardi and Kupari are back in

Just imagine if Heinola never got injured
i'd be gud trading H for sum edm draft picks at this point, don't rock the sh... bus

johnnyonthspot

Apr 1, 2012
Something has clicked with this team. They have a whole new mindset. They don't fade, and they don't back down and they just keep pushing. I long way to go, but we are seeing what they can be.
Addition by subtraction even Scheif made a couple nice backchecks

Reactions: Guffman

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I feel inspired to write a Black Friday "Quick Thoughts" post...

81-55-9 - Worked hard, though Connor didn't have as much jump as he's had recently. Got bogged down and stuck in their zone in the 2nd and 3rd. Not their best game, but nothing disastrous.

62-17-22 Another great game for this line. Appleton is a real beauty - works his tail off all over the ice, has good speed and size, and he's a very smart player with good timing on his passes. Now that he's gotten a lot more NHL experience, he's making consistently good reads and plays. Nino was a bull and goes to the blue paint. Lowry having his best season, yet. Really impressed by his speed and puck-handling for a player of his size and role.

91-7-91 The Fly is heating up. He was all over that game. He's a one-man zone exit machine, and his dynamic speed and agility with the puck just demolishes opponents' systems. Maybe the goal of the season. Namestnikov was solid again. He's basically a quick pitbull, and he makes very few mistakes with the puck. Perfetti is finding ways to have an impact in every type of game. He makes a lot of deft plays with the puck.

36-19-71 Very strong game for the 4th line. They have really started to get their game together. Gus is using his size to drive the puck, Barron is good with puck possession, and AJF flies around putting pressure on opponents.

44-2 Morrissey is a wizard with the puck, and underrated defensively. He and DeMelo still get themselves into a bit of trouble with high-risk passes. DeMelo needs to try to stop taking leg/tripping penalties at his line.

5-4 The Pionk revival tour continued in south Florida. Playing aggressively, but without as many mistakes. Starting to use his feet and puck-handling to generate transition and offense. Dillon was more settled, and seems to be getting his game back after an uneven start to the season. Reinhart really needs to pick his battles more carefully.

54-88 Monster game for Samberg again. He is so good at snuffing out rushes and cycles with a great defensive stick and mobility. He was the initiator of Ehlers' goal with a great defensive play in the corner, to start the rush. Schmidt has quietly found his game. He still lacks high-end agility, but he's making smart reads.

Hellebuyck with a really solid game. If the Jets get that kind of goaltending, they are going to be a tough out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad