B-Sens Bingo 2016-17 On-season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
So Bingo was involved in the #1 TSN 2016 Play of the Year.

The receiving end, but hey beggers can't be choosers. :laugh:

(The diving empty net save).

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Casey Bailey named to the AHL All-Star Game. Good for him.

In wish GB would give this guy a little more rope & try him on a scoring line to see if they can create another decent scoring line.

Hoffman - Brassard - Bailey
Dzingel - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Stone
Pyatt - Kelly - Neil/Lazar

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
In wish GB would give this guy a little more rope & try him on a scoring line to see if they can create another decent scoring line.

Hoffman - Brassard - Bailey
Dzingel - Turris - Ryan
Smith - Pageau - Stone
Pyatt - Kelly - Neil/Lazar

Seriously? I don't see it. Bailey hasn't really shown anything that makes me think that's a role he'd thrive in.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Oh man. You know your team talent is thin when a forward with 14 points in 28 games is representing it at ASG.

To be honest, 6 guys have a better pace than Bailey and a player that is usually close to PPG in Varone has only a 0.7 pace. While the talent on the team is far from top notch, it's clear that it's an overall team problem, although they seem to play better lately.

I mean Kostka has 1 goal, 8 assists and is -21 in 30 games... a bit far from his usual output. I think there was a whole new system implemented in Bingo and it took them a while to get into it. I think they won't be one of the worst teams in the AHL in the 2nd half.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Hockey Tonite ☺☺☺

St. John’s IceCaps vs. Binghamton Senators – 7:05 PM
Referees: Peter Tarnaris #17, Geno Binda #22
Linesmen: John Everett #82, Jud Ritter #34

Via Frank...

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Seriously? I don't see it. Bailey hasn't really shown anything that makes me think that's a role he'd thrive in.

Well, just look who is left? Not much. They have tried Lazar, Pyatt, Kelly & a number of callups & none have yet to produce any significant pts in Ottawa, then again neither has Bailey. The point was to add a RWer who could potentially add some offence & some pts to the team on a scoring line. This would allow Stone to go back down with Smith & Pageau which we know can produce & to create a third scoring line. Hoffman & Brassard are both goal scorers & at times playmakers, one would think that all Bailey would have to do is get to the net & either deflect some shots in, screen the goalie to allow the other two to score, get open & into a position to score or just fight for loose pucks & get them to the other two. This lineup also places some guys where they belong on the 4th line in Pyatt, Kelly & Neil. I imagine at least two of them should be replaced next season. They need to add a goal scoring RWer if Bailey can't hack it up there & whether that is White as a rookie is unclear or whether he would be better at centre.

The Dzingel - Turris - Ryan line seem to be fine together, the Smith - Pageau - Stone line is also pretty good although I would replace Pageau with either Lazar for a number of games to see if he can produce with those two. If not, I would probably give White a shot there to start next season with the hope he could produce there in that spot before going back to Pageau. The 4th line I would replace with Bailey - Paul - Robinson to start next season & drop Pyatt & Kelly with maybe put Neil as the 13th forward in case Robinson can't cut it. That leaves Hoffman & Brassard who need a RWer, but who? I like Blake Wheeler & would probably give up the 2017 1st rd pick to get him however I doubt Winnipeg would give him up. My second choice would be Troy Brouwer who would be cheaper & not as offensive but would add some size & toughness to that line & he is good defensively. Of course, MacArthur could be back which would create three scoring lines however how long he lasts is going to be a constant question now with him & who converts to the right side, likely Dzingel.

If they are going to make a deadline deal I would imagine it will be after they see if whether MacArthur can last & if he can't I would guess it would be for a RWer & hopefully someone like Brouwer. If you put Stone back with Hoffman & Brassard it creates a good scoring line but diminishes the 3rd line's effectiveness & offence, Smith & Pageau seem to need Stone to produce consistently & more secondary scoring. Wheeler, Okposo or Oshie would all be great but are any of them available & can Ottawa afford any of them? Brouwer could also be moved down later should White or Lazar start to turn it on later at RW.

Last edited:

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Well Bailey has shown nothing to prove he can even hang in the NHL.

Also you want Brouwer? The guy who will be paid 4.5M for the next 4 years? No thanks.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Well, how would you improve this team?

First of all, there is nothing in the AHL that can improve the top 6. So forget about plugging any of those guys in. You just hope Mac can be a decent top 9 player.

The bottom six can be improved. Any chance you get, get rid of Kelly and Neil. Too bad Nieto didn't fall to us, as he would be a perfect Kelly replacement. I would put Pyatt on the fourth line with Lazar and Robinson. Cut down Pyatt's minutes. Go hard after Jagr between now and TD. Have a third line of Mac/Smith - JGP - Jagr.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
First of all, there is nothing in the AHL that can improve the top 6. So forget about plugging any of those guys in. You just hope Mac can be a decent top 9 player.

The bottom six can be improved. Any chance you get, get rid of Kelly and Neil. Too bad Nieto didn't fall to us, as he would be a perfect Kelly replacement. I would put Pyatt on the fourth line with Lazar and Robinson. Cut down Pyatt's minutes. Go hard after Jagr between now and TD. Have a third line of Mac/Smith - JGP - Jagr.

We all hope Mac can come back to form but it is going on two yrs that this guy hasn't player & we have to think this isn't going to be the same player coming back & maybe not an NHL player either but hope for the best.

Even you must realize they are not going to get rid of either Neil or Kelly this yr given what these two mean to the franchise & the community in Ottawa. I would guess that one of them retires after this yr (maybe both) & maybe one of them may get re-signed as a 13th forward for next season to the chagrin of so many on here. Pyatt is a coach favourite & unless someone can push him out he might just be back as well but I hope not. Lazar hasn't been able to replace Pyatt with this coach yet, White might but I doubt it & it's more likely he reports to Bellville next season which leaves the AHL players who have yet to beat Pyatt out. I'd be amazed if Jagr came to Ottawa but as a deadline deal for a few mths he may. However, I would be even more surprised if this GM would trade for him considering his age but at least we agree on a few things :D, that this team needs a scoring 3rd line RWer & needs to upgrade the 4th line. I would also like to see Robinson on the 4th line.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Chris Rumble (4) ASST: Jason Akeson (8), Michael Kostka (9) (PP)

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Bingo win 2-1

St. John's IceCaps Shootout
24 Daniel Audette No Goal
38 Markus Eisenschmid No Goal
21 Stefan Matteau Goal
Total: 1
Binghamton Senators Shootout
22 Phil Varone No Goal
19 Jason Akeson Goal
25 Casey Bailey Goal
Total:

Last edited:

Maciver63

Jan 29, 2010
Not sure if you were joking about the Calder Cup Proust but it definitely seems like things are coming around for this team.

Maybe it was just a matter of getting used to playing a new system or maybe it is just really good goaltending from Driedger but this team has now won 4 in a row, 7 of the last 10 and sit 4 points out of a playoff spot with over a half of a season still to play.

I would really like to see some of the younger guys (Perron, Paul, Harpur, Gagne) step up and become impact players in the second half.

I am quite optimistic that this team will get into the playoffs and then anything can happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad