Bingo @ Utica

Bingo tied 1-1 in 2nd being outshot 21 -7

2. BNG Rupert, (13) (Robinson, McCormick), 4:53

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Bingo win 4-2

3. BNG Puempel, (17) (Bailey), 12:26
3. BNG Bailey, (11) (Puempel, Varone), 17:41
3. BNG McCormick, (15) (Rupert), 19:46 (EN)

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Binghamton at Utica final game sad........

Binghamton at Utica
Utica Memorial Auditorium
Apr 17, 2016

This is for "Dear God"
Goalies today.
Binghamton Driedger
Utica Cannata

1st Period-1, Utica, Marino 4 (Kenins, Pedan), 13:00. Penalties-Lepine Bng (roughing), 6:56; Tuzzolino Bng (roughing), 6:56; LaBate Uti (roughing), 6:56; Todd Bng (hooking), 14:47; Kenins Uti (slashing), 18:28.

P#1. All Comets as they pushed 1 goal by Marino..... It should be a lot worse but Driedger has been sharp... Sens had a late PP but it was all they could do to keep Utica off the scoreboard again sad.... I swear the ice was tilted.... Sens can NOT generate any offense today.
Shots 18-5 Utica
Score after 1st.
Sens 0
Utica 1

2nd Period-2, Binghamton, Rupert 13 (Robinson, McCormick), 4:53. 3, Utica, Gaunce 17 6:26. Penalties-No Penalties

P#2. Rupert gets his 13th beating Cannata glove side. Soon after Gaunce makes a nice play to strip Varone breaks in alone and finishes....
Shots 10-10.
After 2nd.
Sens 1
Comets 2

3rd Period-4, Binghamton, Puempel 17 (Bailey), 12:26. 5, Binghamton, Bailey 11 (Puempel, Varone), 17:41. 6, Binghamton, McCormick 15 (Lepine), 19:46 (EN). Penalties-Keranen Bng (tripping), 3:00.

P#3. Puempel finishes from Bailey to tie it up.... Bailey scores to put the Sens in front with helpers from Puempel and Varone.... McCormick ends it with the EN goal.... I have to take my hat off to Binghamton today as after the 1st period they showed heart and battled back to win, Driedger was very good today...... I just wish they played like this more often this season....
Shots:
Binghamton 5-10-14-29.
Utica 18-10-12-40.
Goalies-Binghamton, Driedger 18-15-1 (40 shots-38 saves). Utica, Cannata 20-13-1 (28 shots-25 saves).
Three Stars:
1. BNG - C. Driedger
2. BNG - C. Bailey
3. UTI - B. Gaunce

Scratches:
Kyle Flanagan injured
Mark Fraser injured
David Dziurzynski injured
Zack Stortini injured
Jason Akeson injured.

That is it till October I just expected more from both Senators teams this season oh well.... It will be an interesting off season I expect a lot of changes to take place...... Will work on my yr review next as I rate the players and who to resign and who to let go...... Be well all and enjoy the summer................

Last edited:

Cupcheck

May 16, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Bye Bye Luke... Don't let the door hit you on your way out!!!

P.S. I like Luke as a person, but he is seemingly not a very good coach. All his teams underachieved, some horribly.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
That is it till October I just expected more from both Senators teams this season oh well.... I will be an interesting off season I expect a lot of changes to take place...... Will work on my yr review next as I rate the players and who to resign and who to let go...... Be well all and enjoy the summer................

Have a great summer Zeke & stay well my friend. All the best for next season.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
From OD99

Thanks Zeke!

Really appreciate the recaps and your insight...let's hope for a much more positive season next year...I like the make-up our next wave of youngsters have coming to Bingo.

OD99

So glad U enjoy them.... I agree better times next season for both teams I hope...

Enjoy the off season & be well....

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
From God Says NO AKA Dear God.....

No problems, and keep up the good work. I enjoy reading your recaps.

Dear God

So glad that you enjoy my posts, I try to keep posters here current with what is going on down in Binghamton....

Local posters down here think I'm nuts, sometimes.......

Have a great summer...............

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
From Aragorn

Have a great summer Zeke, it's getting to look like afternoon beer weather up here & thanks again for all the updates, love reading them.

"Aragorn"

Great on it warming up in Ottawa.....

I did NOT have the heart to tell you when you had 6 feet of snow at the bottom of your driveway.... Down here we did not get more than an inch at a time all winter, I am an old man now can not remember a Winter as mild, + it was a warm Winter 78º F here today.....

I did see a beautiful college girl today who was wearing damn near nothing even @ my age the eyes work, I thought I felt something stirring but alas it was just gas...............

So glad you enjoy my posts, big changes next yr with both teams.... Now that the season is over I miss it already.....

Be well my friend and have a great summer, remember it will get better................

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Your dedicated work is absolutely appreciate. You keep a window open to what is coming and help us understand the bigger picture. Thanks a ton. Enjoy some downtime before the Draft and the restocking of the system!

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
Have a great summer Zeke, it's getting to look like afternoon beer weather up here & thanks again for all the updates, love reading them.

"Aragorn"

Great on it warming up in Ottawa.....

I did NOT have the heart to tell you when you had 6 feet of snow at the bottom of your driveway.... Down here we did not get more than an inch at a time all winter, I am an old man now can not remember a Winter as mild, + it was a warm Winter 78º F here today.....

I did see a beautiful college girl today who was wearing damn near nothing even @ my age the eyes work, I thought I felt something stirring but alas it was just gas...............

So glad you enjoy my posts, big changes next yr with both teams.... Now that the season is over I miss it already.....

Be well my friend and have a great summer, remember it will get better................

Bahahahahaha.

Man you are hilarious Zeke. :biglaugh:

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Apparently the Sens actually are looking into relocating their AHL affiliate.

Garrioch's article.

Sounds pretty tangly though. It requires negotioations with both the city of Belleville and a potential buyer for the AHL team.

kellmuff96

Sep 13, 2010
Would be a great move for the team. The closer the better and Belleville deserves hockey again

Cupcheck

May 16, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Ottawa is going to buy the AHL team. Solid info from people in the know here in Bingo say the move depends on backfilling Bingo with another AHL team. Rumor has it NJ wants to put their AHL team here.

Many NHL teams are buying up their affiliates. Arizona just did with Speingfield last year and moved them to the desert.

HonestSenator

Dec 11, 2013
This rumor has sine credibility I thinknow Eugene really likes the idea of using the old B-Sens merchandise in Belleville

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
IF Ottawa wants out let them go now, no sense having them here lame duck is there..... We saw that lame duck with that manure team of Doug and the doormats....... Let Mitchel and the ownership group have a good payday selling the team to Ottawa..... Then the county can sell the Arena to SUNY and be rid of it...... As for the AHL caring about the city that is pure BS as they don't give a flying puck...... As for another AHL team coming to Binghamton again let's be real there are many other bigger cities teams would go to..... Put and end to it as this area is so depressed after IBM said goodbye, and no thanks to the ECHL..... Sell the rink to the college and let hockey here die in peace............................

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
I really think it would be best for the team to get their AHL team in Gatineau.

I was going to say the same thing. I think it could be a great opportunity to grow the fanbase. Make a cheap family friendly product. Target French and young demographics.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Ottawa is going to buy the AHL team. Solid info from people in the know here in Bingo say the move depends on backfilling Bingo with another AHL team. Rumor has it NJ wants to put their AHL team here.

Many NHL teams are buying up their affiliates. Arizona just did with Speingfield last year and moved them to the desert.

NJD just re-signed a lease with Albany until 2019. Why would they move to Binghamton?

Cupcheck

May 16, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Why did the Binghamton Rangers up and leave in the middle of the night back in '97 after they'd signed an extension?? Because they can. NJD has an out clause in that extension.

The Times Union Center is a huge building, seats 15,500 for Hockey and the Devils only draw about 3,400 per game. There is no market for Hockey in Albany. I went to school there for 4 years back in the early 2000's, they don't care at all about that team. I used to go to a few games, felt like I was the only one there... I'm sure the Devils pay a decent amount in rent for that building too.

Cupcheck

May 16, 2007
Binghamton, NY
IF Ottawa wants out let them go now, no sense having them here lame duck is there..... We saw that lame duck with that manure team of Doug and the doormats....... Let Mitchel and the ownership group have a good payday selling the team to Ottawa..... Then the county can sell the Arena to SUNY and be rid of it...... As for the AHL caring about the city that is pure BS as they don't give a flying puck...... As for another AHL team coming to Binghamton again let's be real there are many other bigger cities teams would go to..... Put and end to it as this area is so depressed after IBM said goodbye, and no thanks to the ECHL..... Sell the rink to the college and let hockey here die in peace............................

Zeke... step back from the ledge! Lets be optimistic until we know more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->