Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Binghamton at Syracuse
Onondaga County War Memorial Arena
Dec 30, 2016

Goalies:
Sens Driedger
Crunch Wilcox

1st Period-1, Binghamton, Rodewald 9 (Varone, Kostka), 6:25 (PP). 2, Syracuse, Dumont 5 16:06. Penalties-Dotchin Syr (cross-checking), 5:27; Englund Bng (hooking), 19:20. Rodewald does it again on the PP no less..... He finishes on a nice pass from Varone (centering feed) right in front of the net..... Blunden gives it away in front Driedger who is hung out to dry Dumont scores.....
After 1
1-1 Tie
Shots:
Binghamton 11
Syracuse 14

2nd Period-3, Syracuse, Comrie 3 (Taormina, Erne), 5:54 (PP). 4, Binghamton, Robinson 6 (Perron, Paul), 19:23. Penalties-Harpur Bng (slashing), 5:04; Conacher Syr (roughing), 8:53; Carlisle Bng (slashing), 12:18; Lepine Bng (roughing), 14:49; Masin Syr (interference), 16:17.

Harpur goes off to the bin Comrie finishes beating Driedger high stick side..... Big Buddy ties it up late after a Crunch give away beating Wilcox high glove........ Game was all Crunch in the 2nd shown by the shots....
After 2nd.
Sens 2
Crunch 2
Shots 15-3 Crunch.

3rd Period- No Scoring.Penalties-Taormina Syr (hooking), 3:26; Lepine Bng (fighting), 12:15; Letourneau-Leblond Syr (fighting), 12:15. Pace of the game got to both teams as both teams started to get tired out......
After 3rd.
2-2 tie.
Shots:
7-6 Crunch.

OT Period- No Scoring.Penalties-No Penalties... 3 on 3 hockey does open up the ice exciting scary to watch.....
After OT.
2-2 tie
Shots:
3-2 Crunch.......
SO Varone is the only scorer to take the bonus point for Binghamton........
Final
3-2 Sens SO
Shots:
Binghamton 11-3-6-2-1-23.
Syracuse 14-15-7-3-0-39.

Notes In my view Driedger was the star of the game.... Binghamton gave what they had tonite against a much more skilled and talented Syracuse team..... They did it by hard work and ground out the win..... Or perhaps the Hockey Gods looked down at this very short AHL team and said we have to help this poor team tonite, who knows???????

Scratches:
Kyle Flanagan injured
Zack Stortini injured

Three Stars:
1. BNG - P. Varone
2. SYR - A. Erne
3. BNG - C. Driedger

Up next the league leading WBS Pens visit Saturday December 31st 2016 New Years Eve. Pens lost last nite so they might be a bit annoyed..............

Happy New Year to all..... I wish you health and happiness in 2017................

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Binghamton at Syracuse
Onondaga County War Memorial Arena
Dec 30, 2016

Goalies:
Sens Driedger
Crunch Wilcox

1st Period-1, Binghamton, Rodewald 9 (Varone, Kostka), 6:25 (PP). 2, Syracuse, Dumont 5 16:06. Penalties-Dotchin Syr (cross-checking), 5:27; Englund Bng (hooking), 19:20. Rodewald does it again on the PP no less..... He finishes on a nice pass from Varone (centering feed) right in front of the net..... Blunden gives it away in front Driedger who is hung out to dry Dumont scores.....
After 1
1-1 Tie
Shots:
Binghamton 11
Syracuse 14

2nd Period-3, Syracuse, Comrie 3 (Taormina, Erne), 5:54 (PP). 4, Binghamton, Robinson 6 (Perron, Paul), 19:23. Penalties-Harpur Bng (slashing), 5:04; Conacher Syr (roughing), 8:53; Carlisle Bng (slashing), 12:18; Lepine Bng (roughing), 14:49; Masin Syr (interference), 16:17.

Harpur goes off to the bin Comrie finishes beating Driedger high stick side..... Big Buddy ties it up late after a Crunch give away beating Wilcox high glove........ Game was all Crunch in the 2nd shown by the shots....
After 2nd.
Sens 2
Crunch 2
Shots 15-3 Crunch.

3rd Period- No Scoring.Penalties-Taormina Syr (hooking), 3:26; Lepine Bng (fighting), 12:15; Letourneau-Leblond Syr (fighting), 12:15. Pace of the game got to both teams as both teams started to get tired out......
After 3rd.
2-2 tie.
Shots:
7-6 Crunch.

OT Period- No Scoring.Penalties-No Penalties... 3 on 3 hockey does open up the ice exciting scary to watch.....
After OT.
2-2 tie
Shots:
3-2 Crunch.......
SO Varone is the only scorer to take the bonus point for Binghamton........
Final
3-2 Sens SO
Shots:
Binghamton 11-3-6-2-1-23.
Syracuse 14-15-7-3-0-39.

Notes In my view Driedger was the star of the game.... Binghamton gave what they had tonite against a much more skilled and talented Syracuse team..... They did it by hard work and ground out the win..... Or perhaps the Hockey Gods looked down at this very short AHL team and said we have to help this poor team tonite, who knows???????

Scratches:
Kyle Flanagan injured
Zack Stortini injured

Three Stars:
1. BNG - P. Varone
2. SYR - A. Erne
3. BNG - C. Driedger

Up next the league leading WBS Pens visit Saturday December 31st 2016 New Years Eve. Pens lost last nite so they might be a bit annoyed..............

Happy New Year to all..... I wish you health and happiness in 2017................

Het Zeke ... Happy New Year buddy! :yo:

Can you tell me a little about Rodewalde, he seems to have the size & decent wheels & he also seems to be scoring. In fact, if & when you have the time can you give us a comparison between Buddy, Rodewald & Bailey? Tks Zeke & all the best in 2017 mon ami.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Het Zeke ... Happy New Year buddy! :yo:

Can you tell me a little about Rodewalde, he seems to have the size & decent wheels & he also seems to be scoring. In fact, if & when you have the time can you give us a comparison between Buddy, Rodewald & Bailey? Tks Zeke & all the best in 2017 mon ami.

"Aragorn":

Will do my friend........ Hope all is well with you......

Rodewald has impressed me he fell off a bit for 8-9 games man has he charged back, good signing by Ottawa.........

Give me a few days to think about it and write it up......

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Hockey Tonite....... ☺☺☺

W-B/Scranton Penguins vs. Binghamton Senators – 6:05 PM
Referee: Peter MacDougall #45*
Linesmen: Tom DellaFranco #71, J.P. Waleski #14

Via Frank

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Bingo up 3-1 in 2nd

7:51 BNG Jason Akeson (1) ASST: Phil Varone (12), Ben Harpur (6) (PP)
2nd
1:11 BNG Jason Akeson (2) ASST: Phil Varone (13), Chris Rumble (9)
6:32 BNG Buddy Robinson (7) ASST: Francis Perron (6)

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Good for them. Beating division leaders and league leaders on back-to-back nights.
They've actually passed Marlies in points after this win. I'm surprised as I thought Marlies were supposed to be good.
5 points out of playoff spot.
Perron getting points in all 3 games after coming back from concussion.

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
They've actually passed Marlies in points after this win. I'm surprised as I thought Marlies were supposed to be good.

All the talent they had last year left
Brennan and Arocbello aging AHL vets gone

Nylander, Brown, Hyman and Soshnikov promoted to the NHL... Leafs have so many rookies this year

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
All the talent they had last year left
Brennan and Arocbello aging AHL vets gone

Nylander, Brown, Hyman and Soshnikov promoted to the NHL... Leafs have so many rookies this year

Sounds like the Sens a few years ago... Actually Leafs look like the Sens of past few years, just with not the same hype for young guys

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
017-01-02 Gabriel Gagne (RW) DEL Reassigned by Ottawa (NHL) to Wichita (ECHL)

2017-01-01 Casey Bailey (RW) ADD Returned on loan from Ottawa (NHL)

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
I'm so happy to see Perron back and playing well. Things looked badly for him and us when he didn't play well leading up to his concussion. He has the skill! Hoping for a huge second half!

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Pens @ Sens 12-31-2016 ☺☺☺

W-B/Scranton at Binghamton
Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena
Dec 31, 2016

Goalies:
WBS DeSmith
Binghamton Driedger

1st Period-1, W-B/Scranton, Gill 1 (Porter), 3:09. 2, Binghamton, Akeson 1 (Varone, Harpur), 7:51 (PP). Penalties-Porter Wbs (tripping), 7:23. Gill beats Driedger high off a face off win he might of been screened by Carlisle not sure..... Akeson lets it go from the blue line Gagne with the screen on DeSmith a PP goal that went in off a D man.... Pens are a good tight checking hockey team league leading team to be exact.... Binghamton for the most part gave them all they wanted......
After 1st.
Binghamton 1
WBS 1
Shots:
13-8 Sens

2nd Period-3, Binghamton, Akeson 2 (Varone, Rumble), 1:11. 4, Binghamton, Robinson 7 (Perron), 6:32. Penalties-Carlisle Bng (hooking), 17:42. Akeson again from the nice pass via Varone from the left boards to the slot and Jason finishes...... Big Buddy sweeps in alone and beats DeSmith high glove..... Sens are hanging on tonite as this Pens team is the class of the league.....

Shots:
20-6 WBS
After 2nd.
3-1 Sens

3rd Period-5, W-B/Scranton, Guentzel 18 (Erixon), 8:09 (PP). Penalties-Carlisle Bng (holding the stick), 7:21; Archibald Wbs (tripping), 11:41. Guentzel finishes on the PP with Carlisle in the bin Driedger was screened... Period was again all WBS Driedger was the difference....... It was all the Sens could do to get the puck out if their own end for the whole period..... It was their 2nd hard game in 2 nites and for this talent and skilled challenged team they gave all they had and hung on.... They were exhausted at the end....

Final
Sens 3
Pens 2

Shots:
W-B/Scranton 8-20-18-46.
Binghamton 13-6-7-26.

Three Stars:
1. BNG - C. Driedger
2. BNG - J. Akeson
3. BNG - P. Varone

Scratches:
Kyle Flanagan injured
Zack Stortini healthy

Notes: Driedger had a good game he was absorbing the puck and NOT giving out rebounds...... Akeson has been a good addition Ottawa should of signed him in the summer as I had advised but......... Rodewald is a plus kid has a knack for getting open and so he has shown he can finish..... I was under the weather for the past few days & @ my age takes longer to recover that is the reason for the delay in posting this.... For as long as Hockey has been here all Binghamton teams seem to do well in mid to late December then go to Hell when the new year starts..... Will this year be the exception to the rule or not??????? I am proud of this team of late as they give you what they have as they played 2 tough games in 2 nites and won both games against good teams......

Up next St. John's NL visits on Friday Jan 6th 2017................

MaxTheLimit

Hockey ruins all my personal relationships
Jul 21, 2016
Ontario
Agree about Perron. We mostly knew he'd need some time to adapt to the AHL game. That's just how it is with a lot of QMJHL goal scores.

It's nice to see the BSens throw together a 3 game win streak and a 6-4 stretch over the past 10. Hope that is a sign of things to come. Seems Driedger has found his game a bit again.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
017-01-02 Gabriel Gagne (RW) DEL Reassigned by Ottawa (NHL) to Wichita (ECHL)

2017-01-01 Casey Bailey (RW) ADD Returned on loan from Ottawa (NHL)

Gabriel Gagne big time is lacking hockey sense. He loves to score, but he looks completely lost out there. And he's soft, big player but he plays like Alex Chassion, if there's a chance to score he's going to play hungry, if the puck isn't near the net, he isn't sure if he should drive the Zamboni or back check. He has the exact same mind set as Chaisson in that he only wants to prove he's an NHL player by scoring, every other part of the game can wait because he believes in his heart he's a 40 goal scorer and his offensive game will shine through and keep him in the NHL.

And Gagne pays standing up a lot, he doesn't lower his shoulder and drive. Great shot, he's huge, but to say the puck follows him around would be a lie. Gagne lacks heart which I hate to say, but for a player his size, Chris kelly would make him look like a wimp.

he wanted to be a pro, so the Sens gave him the chance. Be careful what you wish for I guess is the message to him from Dorion, you think you're good, you're not even a good player in the ECHL. You think you can play in the NHL, you can't even get a point in the AHL.

Not calling Gagne a bust, far from it, but the game is moving at about 100 times the speed he can handle. I'm betting if Boucher and the demand for speed and hockey sense was our main drafting chractestrsitic instead of a balance of big-man with touch, we wouldn't have traded up for him and probably not of drafted him at all.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Gabriel Gagne big time is lacking hockey sense. He loves to score, but he looks completely lost out there. And he's soft, big player but he plays like Alex Chassion, if there's a chance to score he's going to play hungry, if the puck isn't near the net, he isn't sure if he should drive the Zamboni or back check. He has the exact same mind set as Chaisson in that he only wants to prove he's an NHL player by scoring, every other part of the game can wait because he believes in his heart he's a 40 goal scorer and his offensive game will shine through and keep him in the NHL.

And Gagne pays standing up a lot, he doesn't lower his shoulder and drive. Great shot, he's huge, but to say the puck follows him around would be a lie. Gagne lacks heart which I hate to say, but for a player his size, Chris kelly would make him look like a wimp.

he wanted to be a pro, so the Sens gave him the chance. Be careful what you wish for I guess is the message to him from Dorion, you think you're good, you're not even a good player in the ECHL. You think you can play in the NHL, you can't even get a point in the AHL.

Not calling Gagne a bust, far from it, but the game is moving at about 100 times the speed he can handle. I'm betting if Boucher and the demand for speed and hockey sense was our main drafting chractestrsitic instead of a balance of big-man with touch, we wouldn't have traded up for him and probably not of drafted him at all.

Seriously I read this and I wonder on what it is based on. Have you watched Gagne play every game in the AHL and ECHL this season? Have you had him in an interview? Do you follow him in practice?

All those judgments you make seem more baseless than anything. Same goes for Chiasson. It sounds more like a drama novel than anything.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Seriously I read this and I wonder on what it is based on. Have you watched Gagne play every game in the AHL and ECHL this season? Have you had him in an interview? Do you follow him in practice?

All those judgments you make seem more baseless than anything. Same goes for Chiasson. It sounds more like a drama novel than anything.

Yes I did watch him in junior, no I haven't interviewed him. I also watched his preseason games in Ottawa. This is based on what I see, what do you see?

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Yes I did watch him in junior, no I haven't interviewed him. I also watched his preseason games in Ottawa. This is based on what I see, what do you see?

I surely didn't see enough to make a deep soul analysis like you did...

From what I have seen, I have seen a guy with very raw skill not ready for the pro game. He's 20 years old and a long-term project. Not expecting much from him, but who knows at this point in time à part you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad