Prospect Info: Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
anyone have any idea how macdonald did

MacDonald had a rough first period passing behind his man on the right point on the PP that bounced off the boards out of the offensive zone and led to a short handed chance against.. He had a few turnovers and one that led to the first goal against. He redeemed for it by starting the play on Kearns' PPG with the secondary assist. He was much better in the second and third as was the whole team except for some discipline after Lehigh Valley took penalties negating the man advantage.

I've been a big MacDonald fan since he earned his AHL contract after coming up on his PTO from Toledo midseason last year. He's quick and can QB the PP and had an SHG last season. I am still hoping he can develop enough to earn an NHL contract but that's going to be tougher now with Butcher ahead of him.

Reactions: OmNomNom

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
LV has a lot of vets on their roster.
Philly wants them to be really good.

I'm sure Coach K will use this loss to the team's advantage.

Still only lost by 1 even after getting outplayed.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Tough 1st pro game for White.
Minus-3 and a costly pinch on the 4th goal allowed.

Gignac scored his first, a SH in the 3rd.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Considering JQ, his line as been dynamic with Kennedy at center and Bastian on the wing.

The fourth line stood out as well on Saturday consisting of Baddock-Cangelosi-Gignac

Reactions: Tao Jones

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Jacobs has looked good so far in highlights and on the stat sheet. He's a +8 so far through 5 games which is incredible.

The skating he displayed to get up the ice that quickly on Gignac's goal was impressive as well.

Reactions: Aethon

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
White sent down to the ECHL... disappointing to hear that

Well, he was minus-3 in his pro debut on Saturday in Bingo, including a bad pinch that led to the 4th goal allowed.

Let him get ice time in ADK.
This may mean that Dyblenko is coming back from injury which would be good.

Reactions: Darkauron

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
White sent down to the ECHL... disappointing to hear that
A little bit. Bingo does have a fair amount of quality AHL d-men. Jacob's, MacDonald, Strait, Loov, Kapla, Erixon, Dyblenko.

White needs to play, and right now those guys are better.

It's not encouraging for sure, but it's not a career write off either. Remember how unimpressed we were with Jacob's last year, and he looks to be on a much better path at the moment.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
A little bit. Bingo does have a fair amount of quality AHL d-men. Jacob's, MacDonald, Strait, Loov, Kapla, Erixon, Dyblenko.

White needs to play, and right now those guys are better.

It's not encouraging for sure, but it's not a career write off either. Remember how unimpressed we were with Jacob's last year, and he looks to be on a much better path at the moment.

Jacob’s career path has been up and down. He is a second rounder and then decides to bolt from college. He plays in junior where he isn’t a scoring machine but gets quality compliments from the coaches or maybe it was play by play guys? That over the second half of that season he was a top defender for the team. Then he goes to Albany and doesn’t set the world on fire but come the playoffs the coach praises him as earning his minutes ahead of a number of vets. Then this year he finally seems to pick up where he left off. Maybe there is an NHL player in him yet. I imagine this is the sort of development path spoken about by those who contend defenders take longer to develop. Seems anecdotal to me but it seems to fit JACOBS so far. Surely a small sample size but maybe he has enough skating skill and smarts that he can effectively defend an NHL forward at some point. If he was a second round pick he must have had solid tools given he is not a giant who gets a pass on skating and skill.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
jacobs is gonna be merrill

So 1/3 of the fanbase will claim he is criminally underrated while 1/3 of the fanbase is ok with him as a 5/6 dman but sees him as eminently replaceable and 1/3 of the fanbase wants him banished.

If he doesn’t bring more than Merrill in the skating department he’s not going to be Merrill on Shero’s Devils.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
Jacobs is still only 21 years old - leads Binghamton in +/- at +8, with only Strait (+6) and Speers (+4) above a +2 on the team. His +8 puts him in a tie for 4th overall in the AHL and tops alone for defensemen.

Still frustrating that TOI is not tracked for the AHL, which is a good indicator of how a player is doing. But given his strong finish last season and good start to this season, have to be happy with his progress of late.

Ski

Calder Cup Champs
Oct 18, 2007
Binghamton, NY
Stats are so overrated when evaluating any player performances.

I will make it a priority to keep an early eye on defensemen Josh Jacobs and Jacob MacDonald.

Reactions: Tao Jones
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad