London Knights 2023-2024 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
no parekh, not even pretending by listing him as the 19th skater...

also still no Oke.

DWI Dale

Mar 23, 2014
The Soo
This is going to be an unpopular opinion but I think this one is Sawyer Boulton's time to shine.
Smart well placed physicality..

i strongly dislike Boulton because of habitual line crossing. but if he toes the line without crossing he could be very effective against some of the spirit who quite obviously don't like being hit.

Reactions: All the Answers

Jay R

Mar 30, 2024
no parekh, not even pretending by listing him as the 19th skater...

also still no Oke.
I think Parekh was concussed on the hit by Martin clean hit by the way and he sat out the next game then played game 6 which he shouldn't have and then got it again which is sad for his future if he played through a concussion

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
i strongly dislike Boulton because of habitual line crossing. but if he toes the line without crossing he could be very effective against some of the spirit who quite obviously don't like being hit.
We've seen both sides of Boulton... the player that crosses the line and gets suspended, and the player who can flatten players with clean checks and kick the shit out of willing combatants. Being a 4th liner, he likely won't see much ice, and the rare shift will be short. I don't think he'll be a factor in the series, but you never know.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Goal for the series...........have a Kitchener fan post that Saginaw players may out do the Dale inspired Knights in "selling a call" I think there uis another term, an Olympic event with water n a board.
Can we convince just one of them to say publicly there is a new sell job champ in the O :)

( yes I know all teams do it)

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I was not as worried about Sawyer Boulton hitting players as I was when Max Jones was here, no doubt Jones was the much better player, but unlike Jones, Boulton is not running around like a ping pong ball chasing any or all players in sight to hit. S. Boulton is not as talent gifted but know when to and how to hit an adversary at the right time and moment. Now that Lawrence received this absurd suspension, I am not so sure what the league would do to S. Boulton if a player runs into his backside with a head low and bang his head on the ice on his way down.

Once again, this series will come down to who dresses the best bottom six players, the first six will awash, I am giving the edge to the Knights

• Haha
Reactions: All the Answers

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
I was not as worried about Sawyer Boulton hitting players as I was when Max Jones was here, no doubt Jones was the much better player, but unlike Jones, Boulton is not running around like a ping pong ball chasing any or all players in sight to hit. S. Boulton is not as talent gifted but know when to and how to hit an adversary at the right time and moment. Now that Lawrence received this absurd suspension, I am not so sure what the league would do to S. Boulton if a player runs into his backside with a head low and bang his head on the ice on his way down.

Once again, this series will come down to who dresses the best bottom six players, the first six will awash, I am giving the edge to the Knights
Jones had NHL strength he was WAY to strong for this league imo

Reactions: crowncarrier

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Dealing with my own Green Monster tonight
20240426_174526.jpg

rve24

Oct 26, 2022

Let the kL suspension go lol. We know your opinion. We get you feel the opponent drove/thru his head blindly into his backside (looked like shoulder on the replay but just MO)
And Max didn't run around chasing any and all players. Not even close. Saw every home game live and everry road game on the tube. Tended to target smaller or younger players. Shyed away from the big veteran players he didn't have a physical advantage over. It was an ongoing convo at the arena n in dressing rooms in this area.
But was dang fun to watch with Pu on the PK. Kid had wheels n skill.

Dealing with my own Green Monster tonight View attachment 860055
Iconic and must see for all sports fans.

Reactions: HockeyPops

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Jones had NHL strength he was WAY to strong for this league imo
Oh I agree, but I thought that so many of his timeless penalties were of the very selfishness kind, as talented as he was you could also tell Dale had problems taming him down to make his team system work with all his teammates, it was so noticeable at the time. You know me, I was not one to singling out individual players on a 20 men team to say anything.

Reactions: TheCoach

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
London playing real nervous right now, they need something, anything, to get them going

Reactions: LDN
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad