Prospect Info: Binghamton Devils and ECHL talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I know he didn't do much last year, but should Lappin get a few games with the big club? Sounds like he's really producing, and the Devils have a lot of top liners out (Zajac, Palmieri, Johansson)
In his favor is he is a righty, where we currently ice 2 journeymen types.

Not in his favor is there are a bunch of lefties who have been really good. So guys like Gibbons or Bratt will get time at RW.

But I think eventually, most likely because of injury, Lappin will get another shot.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Best thing about Bingo: visiting the world famous Lupos. Had the chicken speedie and salt potatoes and it was great.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Colton White ECHL update.

Friday night +1, 2 SOG vs. Toledo
Last night -1, 1 SOG, 2 PIM (Tripping, led to GWGA) vs. Toledo
Today -3, 1 G (PP, first pro goal), 5 SOG, 2 PIM (Tripping), was on for 2 PPGA @ Reading (Royals last played Thursday night, now 4-0)

Last edited:

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Reactions: Devils Dominion

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
I cannot recall the source - maybe Bingo writer on twitter - but apparently Jacobs is a first pairing player now. Considering he was seen as a scrap heap player not too long ago that’s a step in the right direction.

"My3Sons":

Somebody writing about that game of chance on Social Media???????

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Binghamton forward Jan Mandat has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of a boarding incident in a game vs. Springfield on Oct. 28.

Mandat was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline). He will miss Binghamton’s game Friday (Nov. 3) at Utica.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Binghamton forward Jan Mandat has been suspended for one (1) game as a consequence of a boarding incident in a game vs. Springfield on Oct. 28.

Mandat was suspended under the provisions of AHL Rule 28.1 (supplementary discipline). He will miss Binghamton’s game Friday (Nov. 3) at Utica.

Whoever elbowed Quenneville to the head did not get suspended and there was no call on the play.

I cannot recall the source - maybe Bingo writer on twitter - but apparently Jacobs is a first pairing player now. Considering he was seen as a scrap heap player not too long ago that’s a step in the right direction.

Binghamton Devils and pbp Rob Lippolis tweet the forward lines and defensive pairs before each game. Jacobs has started as the 1RD with Strait for all seven games.

Jeff Ulmer @Ski has written about Jacobs on his twitter and in his articles.

How was he playing? Stunned how far he has fallen.

@Ski called this one. He said he didn't think Erixon would be signed. I thought otherwise.

I thought Erixon was another vet presence along with Strait and Loov. Albany as recently as last year carried 9-10 D. Binghamton started the season with 8 D. I thought they might be leaving room for Butcher/Santini if either struggled out of the gate.

Erixon was scratched twice in seven games. In his five games he had 1 assist, 4 PIM, 6 SOG and was +3 on the second pairing.

Maybe Tom Fitzgerald has someone in mind from the ECHL. They can sign a player from any ECHL team not on an AHL contract. Albany took Jacob MacDonald from Toledo last season.

D Nolan Zajac has 2 G, 3 A, 2 PIM, 8 SOG in 4 GP for Reading. Hate seeing him in the Flyers organization. Lehigh Valley has 8 D although Mark Alt is currently up with Philly.

edit: 1RD for Jacobs
edit 2: Jacobs has not worn an 'A' for Binghamton, he wore an 'A' for Sarnia.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

thethinglonger

Castron & Crew
Dec 1, 2014
New Jersey

The team posts line projections on Twitter before every game too. Jacobs has been on the 1st pairing all season

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
Why is he not needed?

He's been good so far, only 26, why not sign him to an AHL deal?

I don't think he's blocking anyone of significance.

In the five games Erixon played he was on the third pairing four times and the second pairing once. He played LD three times and 3RD twice for Dyblenko when he was injured. They probably want to give Kapla and White more playing time.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Sorry I’m sure it’s my ignorance but I’m not understanding your reply

"My3Sons":

As per your earlier quote
"I cannot recall the source - maybe Bingo writer on twitter - but apparently Jacobs is a first pairing player now. Considering he was seen as a scrap heap player not too long ago that’s a step in the right direction."

Bingo is a popular game of chance in the United States..... Twitter is a social media tool.... Twitter is an online news and social networking service where users post and interact with messages, "tweets", restricted to 140 characters. Registered users can post tweets, but those who are unregistered can only read them.

Therefore that is what you posted I just expanded on what you had posted..... Try and remember in your posts that Binghamton is a small city in New York State, and Bingo is a game of chance.....

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
"My3Sons":

As per your earlier quote
"I cannot recall the source - maybe Bingo writer on twitter - but apparently Jacobs is a first pairing player now. Considering he was seen as a scrap heap player not too long ago that’s a step in the right direction."

Bingo is a popular game of chance in the United States..... Twitter is a social media tool.... Twitter is an online news and social networking service where users post and interact with messages, "tweets", restricted to 140 characters. Registered users can post tweets, but those who are unregistered can only read them.

Therefore that is what you posted I just expanded on what you had posted..... Try and remember in your posts that Binghamton is a small city in New York State, and Bingo is a game of chance.....

I went to college there. Well Vestal actually but I know the city quite well. No disrespect intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad