Status
Not open for further replies.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Coyotes acquire Wedgewood from Devils

October 28, 2017
The Arizona Coyotes have acquired goaltender Scott Wedgewood from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for a fifth-round pick in the 2018 NHL Draft.
Wedgewood, 25, has appeared in one AHL game for the Binghamton Devils this season, making 36 saves in a 5-1 win at Laval on Oct. 14.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ
It was a chippy start to the game. Rooney had fought earlier and Loov delivered big open ice hits to Providence's rookies Senyshyn and JFK prior to Quenneville getting hit by I think Breen (Thomson fought Breen after the elbow to Q). No call on the elbow. Wondering if Breen will get a suspension. I didn't see the hit only heard it on the radio. The Binghamton folks can correct me.

Breen is a big guy.

edit: Listening to the YT again the fight resulted from Baddock getting hit by Lauzon.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Hockey tonite!!!!!!!
Springfield Thunderbirds vs Binghamton
Game #110: Saturday, October 28, 2017
Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena
At 7:00 PM EDT.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
About 3,000 here tonight. Someone handed us some freebies so I am happy. Sloppy game so far from both teams but scoreless after one. Got my picture with Devil Dawg. They need to make a backstory for him, like that NJ adopted him from the humane society in Hell and arraigned for him to be the team's AHL mascot.

Reactions: OmNomNom

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
About 3,000 here tonight. Someone handed us some freebies so I am happy. Sloppy game so far from both teams but scoreless after one. Got my picture with Devil Dawg. They need to make a backstory for him, like that NJ adopted him from the humane society in Hell and arraigned for him to be the team's AHL mascot.

the devil is from the pine barrens in jersey, so i would assume (his) dawg would be from there as well. ;)

enjoy the game

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Lappin with the only goal so far. Basically the typical sloppy AHL game from guys tired because they played the night before. Lots of guys losing their edges. Also on a dump in someone hit the center ice scoreboard which is something I don't think I've ever seen before.

Last edited:

Classic Devil

Spirit of 1988
Dec 23, 2003
Columbus, Ohio
Lapping with the only goal so far. Basically the typical sloppy AHL game from guys tired because they played the night before. Lots of guys losing their edges. Also on a dump in someone hit the center ice scoreboard which is something I don't think I've ever seen before.
Same thing happened in the Devils came today, but it was a clear.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Appleby says, Wedge who?

Good to see Ken get the win.

Bingo is treading water until they get some players back from injury and also from NJ when the likes of Trav & Boyle return.

ZekeA

The Pride is Back...
Jan 13, 2009
Where the Cup is
Bad Ice in Binghamton?????

Thoughts on bad ice in Binghamton.... Below 3 diff quotes on the ice from fans here~~!!!!!!

"We're nearly 8 minutes into the period and there is still sitting water on the ice. Too much put down by novice maintenance or compressor issues? Thoughts?

Frankly I think the poor maintenance of the ice is finally catching up with them. They turn the temp up to save $$$ when they aren’t playing and crank it back down when they are. Might have something to do with why no one can keep an edge tonight.

Might be why they look so dull and out of sync this weekend. Might be the ice, it does look terrible."

sabremike

Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Thoughts on bad ice in Binghamton.... Below 3 diff quotes on the ice from fans here~~!!!!!!

"We're nearly 8 minutes into the period and there is still sitting water on the ice. Too much put down by novice maintenance or compressor issues? Thoughts?

Frankly I think the poor maintenance of the ice is finally catching up with them. They turn the temp up to save $$$ when they aren’t playing and crank it back down when they are. Might have something to do with why no one can keep an edge tonight.

Might be why they look so dull and out of sync this weekend. Might be the ice, it does look terrible."
You know that actually explains a lot with guys falling down left and right.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010

That's crazy. I'd be bent if this happened at an open ice session, let alone at a pro hockey game.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Appleby says, Wedge who?

Good to see Ken get the win.

Bingo is treading water until they get some players back from injury and also from NJ when the likes of Trav & Boyle return.
Lappin Baddock with goals.

Jacobs, Pietila, and Bastian with a's. All 5 guys were a +1.

Appleby stops 28 of 29.

B-dev's with 20 sog's. Lappin led team with 3.

Reactions: Devils Dominion
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad