OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: I'm Already Sick of Holiday Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Explaining the concept of a Christmas list to my girlfriend (who's Taiwanese) makes my head hurt. But I do like how she and her family just give each other envelopes of cash on Chinese New Year every year. Has a certain je ne sais quoi, simplicity, to it, I guess.

That's odd. My gf is Vietnamese, her family does Christmas and are massively into it far more than I am (I don't even buy a tree anymore). She goes all out, (she's 1st gen Viet) and decorates the tree, loves lots of presents under the tree, etc. I draw the line at Christmas music, which she is 50/50 on, like I said, it's Frank or nothing.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
hqdefault.jpg
OMG WHY ISN'T HE LOOKING WHERE HE'S DRIVING!!!!!

I finally got my hands on the SNES Classic.

Legend of Zelda A link to the past, I am going to use and abuse you so hard.

I like emulators!

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Still have my old SNES and emulators are pretty great. I have used and abused that game so hard so many times it's ridiculous. SNES era had the best games.

I have my NES, SNES, and N64, but throughout the years, I've lost the games, my NES doesn't load up properly anymore and my SNES does the white screen far too often and I've opened and cleaned it. I've looked around here, they do sell the console here at some classic gaming stores, but to get all the games i want, controllers, etc, it'd end up being 100 bucks anyway, not to say I don't want the classic console back to working condition, I figure it's just 100 bucks, I've spent it games for my Xbox One that I barely play (even my PS4, I was one of the many idiots that bought Battlefront 1 on PS4, will never get BF2).

OMG WHY ISN'T HE LOOKING WHERE HE'S DRIVING!!!!!

I like emulators!

Emulators are great and I do have them still and I still plan on building my Raspberry Pi with emulators for N64, PS2, PS1, NES, SNES, SEGA, and virtually any other emulator I can get my hands on and build my own box for it to house it in as well as buy some Bluetooth connectors and what not for various controllers, it'll be a fun big project.

But I did want the SNES classic too.

Reactions: Ogrezilla

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I still have about 10 or 15 SNES games. I think it's back at my parents house though.

Mario Odyssey and Mario and Rabbids are both really good. I think there are already more games I want to buy for Switch than there ever were for Wii U. If not available, at least announced.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I still have about 10 or 15 SNES games. I think it's back at my parents house though.

Mario Odyssey and Mario and Rabbids are both really good. I think there are already more games I want to buy for Switch than there ever were for Wii U. If not available, at least announced.

For NES I still have - Original Mario Bros, Bubble Bobble, Double Dragon, Dr Mario and I forget a couple of others.
For N64 - Goldeneye, WCW NItro, and Mario Bros (which I never got into for this one, too weird).
For SNES - Literally just Bubsy, which I hate with a passion.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
That's odd. My gf is Vietnamese, her family does Christmas and are massively into it far more than I am (I don't even buy a tree anymore). She goes all out, (she's 1st gen Viet) and decorates the tree, loves lots of presents under the tree, etc. I draw the line at Christmas music, which she is 50/50 on, like I said, it's Frank or nothing.

Oh she's into Christmas. She just doesn't understand why she should write a Christmas list or why other people write them. :laugh:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
The greatest name change since you changed it back in 09. Well done. :yo:

@Big McLargehuge - next time you jump online, let's get a new thread going. We don't have to lock at 1k, but it seems to be too clustered to what is actually being discussed.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
For NES I still have - Original Mario Bros, Bubble Bobble, Double Dragon, Dr Mario and I forget a couple of others.
For N64 - Goldeneye, WCW NItro, and Mario Bros (which I never got into for this one, too weird).
Man if you think Mario 64 was too weird, Mario Odyssey for Switch is not for you :laugh:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Have the SNES Classic as well - ****ing awesome. F-Zero is so damn hard tho. :laugh:
Dude I am an F Zero God. That shit was my jam back in the day. Same with Out Run. Any racing game really. As a Brit-merican I grew up on Top Gear and racing video games. I remember when Ridge Racer was cutting edge lol.

Zen Arcade

Bigger than Kiss
Sep 21, 2004
Pittsburgh

Bubble Bobble is such an underrated game.

This motherf***er inspired more dread in me than any horror game ever could.

bubblebobble.gif

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Called my Dr's office this morning to see if my MRI results came in. They didn't tell me the results other than the fact that I'm already being setup to see a neurosurgeon. They eventually emailed me the results and here's what the final impression said, "Large right paracentral disc protrusion at L5-S1 deforming the S1 nerve root." Yeah, I pretty much know my option at this point.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Called my Dr's office this morning to see if my MRI results came in. They didn't tell me the results other than the fact that I'm already being setup to see a neurosurgeon. They eventually emailed me the results and here's what the final impression said, "Large right paracentral disc protrusion at L5-S1 deforming the S1 nerve root." Yeah, I pretty much know my option at this point.

Damn dude, I hope it gets sorted and your recovery isn't arduous. At least the information is coming in and it's getting closer to being resolved right?

Hang in there, at least the Pens are playing better so watching them isn't as painful?

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
Damn dude, I hope it gets sorted and your recovery isn't arduous. At least the information is coming in and it's getting closer to being resolved right?

Hang in there, at least the Pens are playing better so watching them isn't as painful?

Yeah, this go around is much easier than last year. Easier as in paperwork for FMLA/Disability and communicating between Work/Benefits/Insurance/Doctor but it still gets stressful. It'll be resolved quicker as well since I recognized the symptoms and jumped on it as fast as I could. The news yesterday didn't surprise me considering my condition but it still scares me.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
One of the key people from Austin who put their bid together thinks that Pittsburgh or Baltimore will beat them out. God, I really hope so, what a change for this region.

'Outside analysis of contender cities has put Austin among a dozen or so likely winners, but the city’s lack of a comprehensive mass transit system is seen as its biggest weak spot.

Ryan Bohls, managing director of the real estate services firm Newmark Knight Frank, said transportation issues and a widely acknowledged as slow approval process for building permits are likely to cause Austin to lose out when the winning city is announced next year. Bohls told the Austin Monitor that he spent 16 months helping to negotiate Amazon’s 78,000-square-foot location at the Domain and that the city’s slow approval process for building improvements and finish-out caused a six-month delay on the company’s move-in date.

“A wait like that is not something that factors in well for them, and one of the things they think about is the time to get into the facility,” Bohls said. “There’s already a limited amount of permitting staff and this is going to go from 500,000 to eventually 8 million square feet. The current staff couldn’t handle that without causing substantial delays on all other projects.”
Bohls expects either Baltimore or Pittsburgh to beat out Austin in the selection, but said Austin leaders should begin examining the city’s infrastructure shortcomings to prepare for other potentially large economic development opportunities in the future.'

Leaders say Austin's Amazon hopes hang on transit, permitting issues - Austin Monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad