OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: I'm Already Sick of Holiday Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I really should start taking vitamins :laugh:

Watch the video I just posted. And I recommend to anyone/everyone, before you want to buy supplements - read the science behind it. So many things we talk about in life are just made up for commercializing products and taking money from consumers. Science is a beautiful thing and there are so many studies out there that aren't even looked at. Take vitamins for instance. I was always a believer you had to take a multi-v. Then i did research and found i'm an idiot and believed a commercial basically.

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Man, if you want to see the kind of sweeping change that can be made by "just a commercial", go read the story of De Beers and the diamond industry back during the 1930's. Of course, having an almost total monopoly over the supply helped as well.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Watch the video I just posted. And I recommend to anyone/everyone, before you want to buy supplements - read the science behind it. So many things we talk about in life are just made up for commercializing products and taking money from consumers. Science is a beautiful thing and there are so many studies out there that aren't even looked at. Take vitamins for instance. I was always a believer you had to take a multi-v. Then i did research and found i'm an idiot and believed a commercial basically.

If you eat a balanced diet of at least 1500 calories you shouldn’t need any supplements but there are exceptions for some people.

Reactions: ColePens

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC

Is it because of the ingredients? lots of nasty stuff in vitamin ingredients.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Is it because of the ingredients? lots of nasty stuff in vitamin ingredients.

Most are sugar loaded. Others just have an over abundance of vitamins that you don't need. You only need so much and you get it from food. Science has proven overdosing on vitamins is actually not good for you. The game is not simply more vitamins = more healthy.

In fact, major props to Smarty Pants vitamins who is trying to change the game a bit:

The Overdose Risks of Vitamins: Why Proper Dosage Matters | SmartyPants Vitamins

Reactions: 66-30-33

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
I've been a vegetarian since I was 13 (long time ago) and never taken vitamin supplements. I'm relatively healthy bar a knackered left knee due to meniscus tears and battling an addiction to Dairy Queen.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I have strept throat. :(Haven't had it in over 20 years when it was an annual thing for me.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I have strept throat. :(Haven't had it in over 20 years when it was an annual thing for me.

A couple of years back, I had Strep so bad that I couldn't even stand or talk, my eyes were painful, and the pain was so unbearable that I had to be hospitalized. Even my doctor had no idea how I got such a severe strep throat infection, I remember my boss was really pissed at me because it was a day before a huge presentation for a product roll out and I started to feel the effects the night before and told him I hope it hits after the meeting. It didn't. He started to send me harassing messages about how he's been let down, etc, HR got involved and basically told him he was 100% out of line and was reprimanded for it.

A year later, he was canned and I took his role. But man, if I am literally in the hospital, which would be the only way you'd see me miss work anyway, you should pump your breaks, right?

I hate Strep, in my 20's I used to get it yearly too, my doctor would never get them removed because they were not big enough to be removed which seemed stupid.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
A couple of years back, I had Strep so bad that I couldn't even stand or talk, my eyes were painful, and the pain was so unbearable that I had to be hospitalized. Even my doctor had no idea how I got such a severe strep throat infection, I remember my boss was really pissed at me because it was a day before a huge presentation for a product roll out and I started to feel the effects the night before and told him I hope it hits after the meeting. It didn't. He started to send me harassing messages about how he's been let down, etc, HR got involved and basically told him he was 100% out of line and was reprimanded for it.

A year later, he was canned and I took his role. But man, if I am literally in the hospital, which would be the only way you'd see me miss work anyway, you should pump your breaks, right?

I hate Strep, in my 20's I used to get it yearly too, my doctor would never get them removed because they were not big enough to be removed which seemed stupid.

Damn that sounds brutal. I, thankfully, never had it that bad. Nice to see your former boss was so sympathetic. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Honour Over Glory
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad