OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Choppin' Broccoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yup around that area. Must have been on something
Might have been that accident then, yeah it looked pretty rough, on that stretch the speed limit is 100km/hr (most driving anywhere from 80-130 from what I have seen), I can only imagine the idiocy involved in that.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Yep. But why wait? That opening to the song always hits me. I love it. "In my dreams i'm dying all the time." And instead of going straight into depression on those great lyrics, here is an uplifting one. :laugh:

That's not bad, yeah lol a little interesting for choice of words for a song that isn't as mellow for a remix.

That's something I could add to my run playlist.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Lol, so Elon Musk's Dad pulled some Woody Allen shit, had a kid with his Step Daughter.

Rednecks be everywhere, even South Africa.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Prodigy for me.

Once Firestarter and Smack my ***** up kicked in, I was basically sprinting because I was so amped up.

That works too :) There was a track near the end of the LEF album called Cubikated and it would come on when I was close to home and I would just want to keep going then I’d think to myself I’ve got to get up in 6 hours and work on a construction site. So I’d stop lol.

Beauner

Jun 14, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yeah it does take talent. But I think chainsmokers are just lazy. Their stuff sounds the same. Which I know where Cole is coming from too. I love Muse and their stuff all sounds the same to people too but it doesn't to me.
The Chainsmokers have 2 sides to them imo. Their radio-friendly, pop side. Which, yeah, is all pretty similar and I guess lazy. But their EDM side is phenomenal. They've made some of my favorite remixes, and their concerts have a much more EDM vibe to them too. They remix their own songs and put great spins on them to have a more EDM-style concert than pop.

Edit: Basically what @ColePens said. Their sets are crazy good.

Reactions: ColePens

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Every time a Canadian talks about the weather it takes me a couple seconds to realize that they're not insane...it's our dumb-ass units of measurements.

There's still tons of great new music out there, but I get what you mean. I can't remember the last time I went to a show and was able to turn my brain off and stop thinking about how I would play something or how I'd change something or how live sound sucks, &c. :laugh:

Finding music I liked already was work when a ton of stuff I liked was being made, but over the past 5-6 years I've enjoyed less and less new stuff, and now it's just at the point where I'm not willing to put in the work to listen to 10 albums to find 3 songs I like anymore. I know there's gotta be plenty of stuff out there that's good, but the indie rock that helped form my personality is on life support at this point. I f***ing miss real, tangible instruments.

Then again so many of my favorite bands were started as a middle finger to grunge...I think they won that war.

Last edited:

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
@DegenX @MetalheadPenguinsFan

juEIC
juEIC

Reactions: DegenX

BHD

Vejmelka for Vezina
Dec 27, 2009
Moncton, NB
Every time a Canadian talks about the weather it takes me a couple seconds to realize that they're not insane...it's our dumb-ass units of measurements.

Finding music I liked already was work when a ton of stuff I liked was being made, but over the past 5-6 years I've enjoyed less and less new stuff, and now it's just at the point where I'm not willing to put in the work to listen to 10 albums to find 3 songs I like anymore. I know there's gotta be plenty of stuff out there that's good, but the indie rock that helped form my personality is on life support at this point. I ****ing miss real, tangible instruments.

Then again so many of my favorite bands were started as a middle finger to grunge...I think they won that war.

I like Alice in Chains and Soundgarden, but's that's because their talent transcends the genre. As for the rest of grunge, and Pearl Jam in particular... not so much.

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Those are the two I have the least problem with, but there's still only a couple of songs of theirs I can tolerate. Pearl Jam is a war crime.

I get a chuckle that my musical tastes were so defined by people who hated the grunge movement, considering I was a toddler when grunge was cool. I have no memories of hating those bands, I just loved music by people who hated them.

Except Pearl Jam, who taught me how to hate.

Reactions: BHD and Tom Hanks

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
AIC is perfectly cromulent. Soundgarden is better. Pearl Jam is bad.

It's funny that those 3 and Nirvana are the ones that have to be valued when the topic of grunge comes up. STP, for example, wasn't amazing or anything, but they can be included and they had a few good tunes.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Someone from my high school got arrested for making threats to shoot up the high school, she made the threats because she wanted classes to be cancelled. The "you just blow in from stupid town?" meme has never been more appropriate.

On the chainsmokers, I like them. "Closer" and "Don't let me down" are perhaps the most nostalgic songs I have, I'm always super happy when I hear them. Both are popular songs on my drinking playlist, too.

Reactions: ColePens

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
I like AIC, Soundgarden, and STP. Pearl Jam is okay and I don't really like Nirvana even though "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was the first cassette single I ever bought. Yes, a cassette.:laugh:That's probably one of maybe two or three songs I liked from them.

It's pretty startling that four of the five lead singers of those bands are no longer with us.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I like AIC, Soundgarden, and STP. Pearl Jam is okay and I don't really like Nirvana even though "Smells Like Teen Spirit" was the first cassette single I ever bought. Yes, a cassette.:laugh:That's probably one of maybe two or three songs I liked from them.
Both Pearl Jam and Nirvana have a few good songs. Which is makes them the best grunge bands by default :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad