OT: Big Mac's Bar & Lounge: Choppin' Broccoli

Status
Not open for further replies.

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
Post college years for me were a little depressing, at first. You really don't miss your water til your well runs dry and all that. And college was easy livin' -- socially and as far as what is expected of you. I just didn't fully appreciate that at the time. The doldrums of work along with having your entire social life you had grown so accustomed to basically yanked out from underneath of you takes adjustment. Making new friends is harder and those you had known forever often move on and/or away.

Playing music and making a point to get out and do that on a weekly basis really helped me, a lot. I've always played on my own but finding the confidence to make it happen with other people has earned me a lot of connections and new opportunities and relationships. It also keeps my mind busy. The goal was never to be "big" or even make much money. But to help fulfill oneself.

@BlindWillyMcHurt, that reminds me, we gotta meet up for that beer next time I'm in town to talk about music and he making of said music. :laugh:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I don't want either, I just want dogs :laugh:

Or maybe cats too, idk. I love my cat now, but cats are boring.

Get a pug. They are hilarious! If you aren’t home much probably not a good idea. They get depressed if they aren’t around people enough.

Reactions: ColePens

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Get a pug. They are hilarious! If you aren’t home much probably not a good idea. They get depressed if they aren’t around people enough.

I've already decided the dog I'm getting, my first dog is going to be a golden retriever and any future dogs will either be a lab or another golden. I put a lot of thought into this stuff when I'm drunk :laugh:

Cats are awesome

I don't dislike cats, they're just boring to me. All my current cat does is sleep and beg me for food. Sure, she's super affectionate and nice, I love her for sure, I think cats are just too low energy for me. I'd get another cat if I couldn't get a dog, but dogs are my #1 choice.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Kids are terrific.

And by that I mean my friends and relative's kids.

I'm too selfish with my time to ever think of raising them, myself. At least I'm honest. My cat will do just fine, thanks.

This is more or less where I'm at, although you're more fond of kids than I am. It's simply a control thing with me, I want to have as much control over my life as I can get and kids hurt your ability to do that. Pets are different, you can more or less control a pet. But kids? Especially when those kids become not kids? Get outta here :laugh:

It's also why I'm perfectly happy not being in a relationship, I really enjoy being independent. I learned that in early college, I'd rather be single and have control over my life than be in a relationship where I have to make compromises. At least right now, I imagine that will change when I'm not 22.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Their kids really are great. It makes me have some regret every once in a while. And then I think of how pale, shaky and broke all of those same friends and relatives are the first 10+ years of those kids lives and quickly realize that my path is good for me.

I've always had a tough time holding on to a good girl, too. Er... well... more the opposite. I'm almost always the one to blame. It is what it is. I don't really get lonely. I've built my life like this for a reason and like I said, I'm a bit selfish with my time.

Clearly it's not always a picnic, of course. But who's life is?

Deport Ogie

Jun 30, 2014
Suburbia
Not going to lie, I completely understand the "I don't want kids" crowd. I am a firm believer in the fact that if you are not 100% sure that you want kids, then don't have them. Far too many people have kids as a relationship fix or as some arbitrary rite of passage you have to pass in order to be a real adult and that's bull****.

But for me, it was something I wanted and I certainly don't regret it. It'd be nice to have more money in savings or more chances to just go out and have fun with the wife and all that but hell with it, that all goes away when I hear my 6 year old daughter get excited because Daddy's home from work or my 9 year old son comes up and tells me that he wants me to teach him how to have a better slapshot in the driveway.

Obviously, they have also turned me into a total sap but I've come to grips with that.

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Goldens are incredible. Unfortunately cancer hits em hard. We had two that both ended up with cancer at 8. Amazing pups tho.

My golden has been living with my mom back in Timmins ever since I moved here and she is still going strong at 13. :)

Her back legs are getting a bit stiff though. Probably arthiritis

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
I think people are starting to get annoyed with how often I make references to (the show) the office, I have a problem.

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
On another board I frequent, someone started a poll about "Favorite Penguin", listing a bunch of different subspecies.

I answered "Other : Mario Lemieux".

Apropos of nothing I suppose, but still.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
You all are missing out. At the very least, it’s great TV to have on as background noise. The British version is good but I definitely prefer the US version.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
You all are missing out. At the very least, it’s great TV to have on as background noise. The British version is good but I definitely prefer the US version.
The Office is one of the best comedies out there. It went on a bit longer than it needed to, but it was great TV for a long damn time. And at it's worst it was still average or above.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Not watched a single episode of either versions

I've only watched 1 full episode of the UK one and I couldn't stop laughing. Being an Aussie I think I'd connect with the UK version more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->