Post-Game Talk: Babcock and "Gud Pros" let Leafs down AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Concerning Babcock:

If I'm evaluating the season, Babcock is getting a good grade as we had one of the best seasons in our history.
Fast forward to the playoffs. It's the same team but so far we've been outclassed by a vet Bruin team.
Which turns me to the GM.
And IMO, the GM gets a fail in the asset management department this year. The UFA signings were fine. The drafting was fine.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
You'd be hard pressed to find a coach in the nhl that doesnt like good pros.
there are gud pros and there a plugs. egocock has fetish for veteran plugs for some reason. guys like kapanen and johanson are good pros and battle every shift, and have 100x more skilled than komorov......tell me why komorov gets 1st line mins but the guys that are good pros with skills dont? bc egocock has a fetish for veteran plugs.

Reactions: NiftyMits

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It’s only 2-0.

Bruins were down 0-2 after being home in 11 when they won the cup.

Series isn’t over by a long shot.

Leafs with benefit of last change should get the matchups they want to get you guys’ young stars free.

I’ll admit the score wasn’t really reflective of the game. Lots of perfect bounces for a couple of B’s goals. Leafs, like in game 1, took the play to Boston for good stretches.

Rask has been up to the task so far though when that happens
it's not over, but it might as well be. Luckily the Leafs core is young

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Not a single player put his body on the line to block shots.I remember when Gary Valk blocked four shots in a row and each shot nearly crippled him-the Leaf fans gave him a standing ovation.So soft its almost makes you wonder what these players are playing for.

Reactions: NiftyMits

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
The Leafs blue-line just sucks. With a sprinkle of dumbfounded forwards who don't have the foggiest idea of what to do in their own end.
Why oh why has Babcock not been able to change this? WHY?

A coaches role is to teach. A coaches role is to guide. A coaches role is to motivate.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
If you put a 4th liner like Komarov on with Bergeron and Pastrnak, do you think both of them would have ZERO points thus far (instead of... lol... 9 points)?

There's no excuses for Matthews and Nylander. They're playing like f***ing idiots out there.

Reactions: dsred

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Soft as butter d
Gone next season
Gardner
Polak
Zaitsev

Forwards gone
Plekanec absolutely **** player
Jvr soft
Bozak soft
Nylander soft
Leo

We need some size and toughness
Better veterans

We just crumble
Maybe bring back Burke and see how that works?

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
i really need a hug.
i am really bummed, i really thought we were gonna win :(

Really I'm just sad for all my guys and gals here. Y'all are passionate and loyal and bleed Blue and White and we get repaid with some fresh hell every season.

Pouring a beer out into the Georgia clay for y'all. Cheers.

Reactions: rubous

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Do the Babcock bashers realize he changed up the lines for 40 mins of hockey?

I don't think any of the other 30 coaches in the NHL would ever considering putting an offensive blackhole like Komarov on the first line as a replacement for Kadri. Not in a million years. Even Kapanen or Johnsson would've been a MUCH better option than Komarov.

I love Babcock, but he has a fetish for plugs that work hard.

You saw what happened almost immediately. Idiot causes a too many men on the ice penalty and of course, it goes in their net.

Babcock deserves a bit of a lashing.

Reactions: Al14 and weems

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
The kids are learning what it's like against a more physical team in the playoffs. Tough lessens.

Basically the worst two losses of the season... That stings. If the Leafs can't pull their shit together it'll be an interesting off-season around here.

Must win game at home coming up.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Are you joking?

Matthews was at 17-2 in shots at one point in the game

Marner was beautiful

The
what are the points totals for ALL of our lines combined compared to their 1st line? at some point you gotta put the biscuit in the basket, shots are great and all...until you lose 7 - 3 and an opponent has a 6 point night against you. their stars are crushing our stars where it counts..on the scoreboard. i still love this team but cmon, this hasnt been a good 2 games for our best players

hfman

Oct 30, 2013
for decades and decades, the formula has been that the playoffs are NOTHING like regular season. But fans keep forgetting this - they keep thinking that because a team scores 105 points they must some how be cup favorites.

But other more level-headed fans knew that the playoffs are a different story, and that the Leafs were going to run into trouble no matter who they faced.

Al lack of physical presence and vulnerable defense was clearly a huge problem going into this, and sure enough this is unfolding exactly the way it was supposed to.

This team is nowhere near ready for this. Not even close.

They'll address it in the summer after this quick sweep.

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Been saying for 2 years Reilly can't play defence period , his points all come from the charity assist , give the puck to mitch and he will force someone to score giving you a charity point 5v5 the guys like -20 or 30 ffs and should have swapped him for Trouba when we had the chance .We better see some physical guys in the lineup next game or the result will be the same , Martin Holl and Borgy for Zaits , Reilly/Dermott and Martin for just about anybody not named Mitch Marner , Mathews was coasting most of the night while Nylander tried to do too much without him .

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
it's not over, but it might as well be. Luckily the Leafs core is young

It would be nice if the core stepped up. Matthews was noticeable out there.

Some question marks about Marner and whether he's playoff competitive.

Nylander? Was he playing tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad