Post-Game Talk: Babcock and "Gud Pros" let Leafs down AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pengdeng12

Feb 13, 2018
anyways I didn't watch after the 4-0

I honestly felt like we played a good first. Go back and watch. We controlled most of the play but w.e boston threw at us went in.

We were so fking unlucky in the first.

Reactions: Mugzy97

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Boston's first line is stacked with talent and they were responsible for 4 of the 7 goals. Our 1st line needs to have at least one gud pro plug. Babcock is a total joke. He did this with Daniel Cleary in Detriot, but it didnt show how bad of a coach he is since that team he won the stanley cup was fully stacked...just like the team canada he won gold with. Greatest coach ever tho, has fetishes for gud pro plugs.
You'd be hard pressed to find a coach in the nhl that doesnt like good pros.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Hopefully they make one of the home games respectable. Anyone who paid for tickets shouldn’t have to see games like this. There is work ahead with this team. Lot of work ahead.

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Is it possible to put everyone on the 4th line?

How do we turn this around for Monday? Maybe we should make the whole team practice in Hyman jerseys.
-Leave Komarov in Boston
-Leave forward lines the same (I didn't even think the forwards were the problem tonight)
-Demote Hainsey and promote Dermott

If we do these 3 things, we're set for a game 3 win.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
it's kind of sad that people are blaming Matthews and Marner (who were good tonight) over the real issues. Johnsson and Kapanen and Dermott are good as well

Reactions: stickty111

Semantics

PUBLIC ENEMY #1
Jan 3, 2007
San Francisco
I'll repeat what I said in the GDT, I think Babs/Lou really shit the bed when rounding out this team. They just don't understand that speed and skill are what wins you games now. You simply cannot ice old players who are slow and unskilled and expect to compete.

Polak
Plekanec
Marleau
Moore
Komarov
Bozak
Hainsey

Lou/Babcock batting 1/7 = 14.2% on over-30 veterans this year. We need to get management and coaching in here that aren't living in 1995.

The 30+ year old players on the Bruins are mostly current/former star players (Backes, Bergeron, Krejci, Nash, Chara), just like Marleau.

Players with average talent simply cannot be effective in the NHL playoffs in 2018 once they're over 30, with rare exceptions. I don't care if they have a Y chromosome.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
I don't want to watch this team anymore. Sadly I will still tune in for game 3 like a sucker, only to be let down again.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Unless we see a reverse of fortune in Toronto, this offseason should consist of a re-evaluation of this group, from GM through coaching and down to the players. They folded like a house of cards in the first game, and again tonight. Once, it happens. Twice in a row? That's unacceptable.

He gave up when the game died. He started pretty well, but he definitely checked out.

Will we crucify him out of Toronto like Kessel?

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Putrid goaltending
Putrid special teams
Putrid defense (that's forwards and defense by the way)
Zero idea about how to control the Bergeron line
Completely out coached
Bad pro scouting on Plekanec
Butter soft with zero push back when things aren't going well
Almost zero physicality
No discernable leadership

Not a good look and I'm embarrassed by what I'm seeing quite frankly

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Good riddance to Komarov and other useless wastes of space who will be UFA.
Remove all of this before next season:

van Riemsdyk, James - $4,250,000
Bozak, Tyler - $4,200,000
Komarov, Leo - $2,950,000
Martin, Matt - $2,500,000
Moore, Dominic - $1,000,000
Leivo, Josh - $925,000
Plekanec, Tomas - $3,000,000
Polák, Roman - $1,100,000
-------------
Gleason, Tim - $1,333,333
Cowen, Jared - $750,00
Marincin, Martin - $1,250,000 (Buried)
-------------
Total: $23.208,000

No excuses.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Babcock back to his inane line matching. Players aren't in the flow of the game, more worried about getting off the ice instead of playing when they are on the ice. I've been a Zaitsev supporter but never seen him play worse.

Another blaming the coach for a player mistake. Komorov is a vet. You learn early on that centre should change first. Komorov was sleeping mentally there.

Reactions: NiftyMits

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
We had two good PP units all season.

Essentially you're mad that our players are choking and blaming the coach. It's odd to do that.

And Kapanen and Johnssen have proved they are WAY better than Komarov, do you honestly think that 7 goal Komarov helps the PP in ANY way? What about our 1st line?

No I'm mad that the coach is putting these players in positions to fail, I expect more from a stanley cup/gold medal winning coach than I do from 2nd year players.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
-Leave Komarov in Boston
-Leave forward lines the same (I didn't even think the forwards were the problem tonight)
-Demote Hainsey and promote Dermott

If we do these 3 things, we're set for a game 3 win.
we can't win with this level of PKing and this level of goaltending no matter what else we do to be honest

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Unless we see a reverse of fortune in Toronto, this offseason should consist of a re-evaluation of this group, from GM through coaching and down to the players. They folded like a house of cards in the first game, and again tonight. Once, it happens. Twice in a row? That's unacceptable.

He gave up when the game died. He started pretty well, but he definitely checked out.

The evaluation was done by us, the guys you argued with prior to the PO.

Not the year to go for a cup
Too soft
Trade JVR Bozak Komarov for whatever.
Trade whatever for top 4D and a C
Play the kids

Everything above our little group of the mocked was pretty much spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->