Post-Game Talk: Babcock and "Gud Pros" let Leafs down AGAIN!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
grf.gif

Reactions: 6ix and Mike Bobcat

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
I just feel bad for the fans that paid money to fly down to Boston and attend two games to watch this putrid effort.. Good luck to them dodging flying elbows and punches and getting back home safe and sound.

Reactions: NiftyMits

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
Boston's first line is stacked with talent and they were responsible for 4 of the 7 goals. Our 1st line needs to have at least one gud pro plug. Babcock is a total joke. He did this with Daniel Cleary in Detriot, but it didnt show how bad of a coach he is since that team he won the stanley cup was fully stacked...just like the team canada he won gold with. Greatest coach ever tho, has fetishes for gud pro plugs.

The CyNick

Freedom of Speech!
Sep 17, 2009
Accountability starts at the top, how can we expect Willie and Auston to succeed on the PP when it turns into a 4 on 4 because Lolmarov is on the ice? Why not give them Johnssen or Kap to work with?

Babcock is putting them in a position to fail, but they're definitely failing which is something I concede.

We had two good PP units all season.

Essentially you're mad that our players are choking and blaming the coach. It's odd to do that.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
First of, all these Leafs are soft stuff had gotten into the heads of the players. Babs should just tell them to play our game which is speed and skill. To me the boys tried to be tough and show that they are a tough team. And all the crap about Martin coming in instead of Johnnson after Game 1 didn't help.
Secondly, the bounces need to come back it seems like all he bounces are against the Leafs.
Thirdly, playing Leo. To me playing Leo is Babs ways of saying the Leafs is a tough team too....stick with speed and skill. Thats the Leafs way and the only way Leafs can win the series.
The boys need to play with the believe that they can beat them by playing their strengths.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Why is everyone blaming babcock, when goaltending and young guns have been trash.

If these guys have guts, they will win next 2 games. Otherwise re-evaluate the core of this team. Winners win, regardless of how young they are. Getzlaf and perry carried their teams to cups as ****in youngsters.
No they didn't. Completely re-writing history. Niedermayer and Pronger and Giguere led that team to the Cup.

And Matthews was at 17-2 in shot attempts while Marner was great.

The D was shit outside of Dermott/Polak, goalies were shit, don't blame the kids.

Reactions: david999

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Gud pros? Nylander and Matthews haven't scored. Needed to shoot more on the PP.

Still drinking the Babcock koolaid I see.

Komarov playing over skilled players and starts on the top line?

Any decent coach with a thinking brain would have started Matthews PP unit; if they didn't score then Bozak unit goes for the next minute either they score or not score and then outcomes Matthews line again. Keeping the pressure UP! But no.....

Chasing a game there is no option but to think outside the box not stick with the status-quo;

Bozak line gets sheltered and Matthews line has to take tough match ups.

Bozak/JVR/Komarov what was the term people were using oh yeah... "Self Rentals"

and 2nd round pick for turtle neck

So you drink the babcock koolaid with ice or prefer hot right off of the stove?

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Our core is young. We will learn from this series.

The defence needs to be fixed though. It's going to take time.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
It’s only 2-0.

Bruins were down 0-2 after being home in 11 when they won the cup.

Series isn’t over by a long shot.

Leafs with benefit of last change should get the matchups they want to get you guys’ young stars free.

I’ll admit the score wasn’t really reflective of the game. Lots of perfect bounces for a couple of B’s goals. Leafs, like in game 1, took the play to Boston for good stretches.

Rask has been up to the task so far though when that happens

horner

May 22, 2007
Soft as butter d
Gone next season
Gardner
Polak
Zaitsev

Forwards gone
Plekanec absolutely shit player
Jvr soft
Bozak soft
Nylander soft
Leo

We need some size and toughness
Better veterans

We just crumble

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Yeah man sitting him will give him some confidence

I didn't say sit him and he will get confidence.

Read it again, I said sit him if he is hurt and not able to perform

OR

Do something to help him gain confidence. Have a talk, grab some dinner and chat, I don't know.

TMLS

Oct 30, 2013
London, Ontario
I really hope Komorov is out for the year, only way we have a chance since out goat coach has a fetish for him and wont giving him line 1 mins if he is healthy to play.

Reactions: NiftyMits

Swedish Gretzky

Oct 12, 2017
Sweden
Its not as simple as tbeir line is dominating. The Leafs were flat out unprepared for this. Its a mental game now. Brujns got i to their heads real goid - they have no more confidence anymore . Cant you see ?

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
did anyone ever think that marner or nylander were big, gritty soul and heart type players?

Reality is they are timid little novices who are scared s***less right now.

Awesome players in their own right, but not anywhere near prepared for this type of hockey.

Fail and learn.
Funny I haven’t seen you post all year until now. Must be some Hf expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->