Post-Game Talk: b2b wins, Jets 3 Hawks 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
No, you couldn’t. Wheeler and Scheifele each missed almost 1/4 of the season, and never really found their timing. Stastny’s numbers were replaced by the arrival of Perfetti. So the top 6 is equal, if not better, just due to health. But the improvements Chevy made in the bottom 6 is where the team is MUCH better. Chevy has replaced Poganski, Reichel, Vesalainen, Brooks, Sanford, and Nash, (combined 129 games and 9 points)the spot fillers with Maenalanen, AJF, Eyssimont, Gagner (combined 84 games and 19 points to date) and guys that can actually play more than 3-4 minutes a game.
Bowness and the rest of the coaches have them playing hungry, aggressive and controlled, but they actually have the roster to do that. They have more speed and way more depth
I mean we had a winning record without scheif and Wheeler haha... and you gloss over ehlers and Appleton injury and Mike eyssimont in our top six replaced copp but hey whatever right...

Chevy picked the same guys off the scrap heap that he always does - we just have a coach that doesn't make excuses now...

Inanna

Maybe this year...
Sponsor
Aug 29, 2022
the right man in the right place can make all the difference in the world.
Definitely!

And some times that right man is a woman.

Missed last night’s game

Hung way over this am
My company took us out for a pre party party
Beer ,wine, Old Fashions and shooters:help:
I hope to recover enough to enjoy the party tonight.
Who do you work for? A frat house?

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
Too early in the year to get overly excited but Moneypuck has us as their Cup favourites this morning at 10.2%. I am surprised but not displeased. 😁

I really don't believe in this nonsense but I'll admit it's nice to see that we have the best odds to advance each round and win the cup.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I mean we had a winning record without scheif and Wheeler haha... and you gloss over ehlers and Appleton injury and Mike eyssimont in our top six replaced copp but hey whatever right...

Chevy picked the same guys off the scrap heap that he always does - we just have a coach that doesn't make excuses now...
Who were the scrap heap players?

I'm guessing Maenalanen and AJF?

You don't think they've been markedly better than the guys they replaced?

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016

I like those scrap heap players AJF and Saku.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Definitely!

And some times that right man is a woman.

Who do you work for? A frat house?
Very good company in Saskatoon
Winnipeg born owner.
I’m in the latter stages of working life but I love working for this company and if my health allows it I could see myself staying to 70
Unfortunately only 2 Jets fans on staff
Most are Oilers or Habs fans boooooooo

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Very good company in Saskatoon
Winnipeg born owner.
I’m in the latter stages of working life but I love working for this company and if my health allows it I could see myself staying to 70
Unfortunately only 2 Jets fans on staff
Most are Oilers or Habs fans boooooooo
By the looks of it I'm guessing liquor distributors

1670686310480.png

DiggerD

Nov 21, 2014

Ehlers missed a quarter of the season last year too, and they didn’t have Appleton until just prior to the deadline, but as you say ‘whatever’.

The third line last year, was Lowry, and whatever filler they could throw up there with him; Poganski, Reichel, Vesalainen, etc.
Poganski played 16 games of his 22 career NHL games, and had no points. This year he can’t crack the Kraken. Reichel played 13 games (2 points), and hasn’t sniffed the NHL. Vesalainen was a regular, getting shifts up and down the lineup, and had 3 points in 53 games. This year he is on his 2nd team in Europe, and doing little again. Gustafson couldn’t stay healthy last year, so Toninato was the 4th line Center, with Nash, Brooks, Svech, and Harkins. Brooks and Nash are in the AHL, Svech is a 4th liner in SJ.
They have been replaced with a healthy Gustafson, Gagner (over 30 pts last year, and already has more points than Ves, Nash, Brooks, and Reichel combined last year), Maenalanen (almost a point per game in Liiga last year) who is getting a second chance in the NHL, Eyssimont a promising rookie. AJF is the only scrap heap treasure, and his 4 points in 24 games was a big improvement over the nothing we got from the bulk of our 4th last year.
If you don’t see a massive improvement in the bottom six this year, I don’t know what else to say.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
He didn’t fit in Washington, but his speed and forecheck has been great on the 4th line for the Jets. “One man’s junk…..another man’s treasure.”

I honestly think with a little bit of seasoning he could be another Tanev. Tanev didn't really break out until his 26 yo season. AJF is still only 24 and just getting into it. He has some warts for sure but so did Tanev. He's got speed and he can be really disruptive just needs to learn to harness that tasmanian devil mentality like Tanev did.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
I honestly think with a little bit of seasoning he could be another Tanev. Tanev didn't really break out until his 26 yo season. AJF is still only 24 and just getting into it. He has some warts for sure but so did Tanev. He's got speed and he can be really disruptive just needs to learn to harness that tasmanian devil mentality like Tanev did.
I agree with you on AJF, as I see things in his game I really like. His speed is top notch, and he hustles hard. His stickhandling is not too bad, and his shot is underrated, as I've seen him let go a couple of hard wristers that just missed the net, up and over the bar, but not by much, and soon those will go in.

His playmaking right now is questionable, but as he gains more confidence, and the game slows down for him, I think he could be really good. I'd stick with him.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I agree with you on AJF, as I see things in his game I really like. His speed is top notch, and he hustles hard. His stickhandling is not too bad, and his shot is underrated, as I've seen him let go a couple of hard wristers that just missed the net, up and over the bar, but not by much, and soon those will go in.

His playmaking right now is questionable, but as he gains more confidence, and the game slows down for him, I think he could be really good. I'd stick with him.
Is Dano even still in NHL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad