macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Another Jets victory tonight...

giphy-downsized-large.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the Capitals has now been posted with an updated leaderboard. It's a very close race right now, so anybody could win it...except @GeorgeJETson...he's determined to be the anti-winner...:huh:

Don't forget to sign up to create your own GDT, there are plenty of games still available. Thanks to @The Blue Baron who will be making one for the game against Washington on Sunday. We will all be looking forward to it! :thumbu:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Very positive season so far.

I hope this transformation with pretty much the same team isn’t lost on Mark C. Some churn in coaching is necessary. We all need to keep learning every day in life. Even after you turn 60 lessons will present themselves to you right there as plain as day. Accept them and your failures head on and get better. Its a big part of the journey. Relentless pursuit of learning, growing, and getting better until the day they put you in the pine box.

GJG

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Very positive season so far.

I hope this transformation with pretty much the same team isn’t lost on Mark C. Some churn in coaching is necessary. We all need to keep learning every day in life. Even after you turn 60 lessons will present themselves to you right there as plain as day. Accept them and your failures head on and get better. Its a big part of the journey. Relentless pursuit of learning, growing, and getting better until the day they put you in the pine box.

GJG

Goes to show how silly doing PoMo 2.0 in Lowry was.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Good b2b road game.
There was indeed a sag but they recovered.
That was an unlucky bounce by Flowby that lead to the Hawks goal.

Team vibe is good...very surprised by some depth players, Easy Mount is our new Matty P x Tanev hybrid.

Missing Big Sak out there and Da Gus is pretty quietly steady.

On to the Caps & Ovenchicken.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
What a great night, had a nice dinner, Sara Orlesky liked and replied to my tweet, Lowry scored, the Jets won and I had the right score prediction!

I'd call that a grand salami but that's a baseball term which means it's limited to four Ws for four runs, but you had five Ws. Lemme get back to you on that. Until then:

Glorious.jpg

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB

Assuming by HBU you mean "How about you" and not "Houston Baptist University", yeah, I'd listen to anything he had to say about any flaws I had in any game I played.

Bones: "Lackey, you're only down a pawn and queens are still on the board, why the f*** you resigning, turtle up and get our team a stalemate draw! Are you ready to fight for that half a point?"
Me: "Sir, yes, sir!"

Also: holy shit, Dubois really do got them Popeye forearms going on. I swear I saw an anchor tattoo on one of them.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Good b2b road game.
There was indeed a sag but they recovered.
That was an unlucky bounce by Flowby that lead to the Hawks goal.

Team vibe is good...very surprised by some depth players, Easy Mount is our new Matty P x Tanev hybrid.

Missing Big Sak out there and Da Gus is pretty quietly steady.

On to the Caps & Ovenchicken.
Is it possible our replacements are better than the guys we had last year? Stas was much slower than every guy we had in top 6.
Easy mount is playing better than Svech and Barron in for copp is a lateral saku ajf all give us good depth. It’s possible Chevy deserves more credit for having a quiet very good offseason.

And a much more effective bottom six group. There’s a tenacity to their game that the team lacked so badly under Maurice.
Also it’s possible our fa agent signings and non moves turned out to be smart moves by Chevy.

WPGChief

May 25, 2017
Winnipeg
jetsnation.ca
It's interesting to look back at my posts in the Positivity Thread, because it feels like it's coming to fruition.

In years past, when the Jets were winning, it was definitely in spite of underlying metrics and mostly on the back of Hellebuyck. Last year, Hellebuyck didn't have a Vezina-calibre season - but more importantly, the Jets were scoring much, much less than expected, despite the offensive talent they had.

Now for this season - although Hellebuyck has certainly been outstanding - the only real blip to some numbers was that disastrous road trip in October: they've otherwise been kinda decent, for lack of better words. And honestly, this is a good thing to reconcile: because they're doing this without Ehlers and a still somewhat lacklustre shooting percentage at 5v5!

I still have some points of concern, such as the top line's success mostly coming when not facing other teams' top lines, a lacklustre third "matchup" line against real tough competition, and a bottom six that mostly just gets by, and wondering if Morrissey's current streak of outscoring some lacklustre defence (ever so slightly!) will come down to Earth - but at least these Jets are staying accountable and honest with themselves and continuing to build good habits, instead of years past where these concerns were handwaved because internal metrics were better than external, or something like that (though this year we see that public vs private isn't extremely different for the Jets).

In other words - I have cautious optimism that they're trending in the right direction. That being said, I still think this year and the next is the 'final hurrah' for this Jets core, and thus I also think it would be beneficial to make an acquisition sooner rather than later, and not waiting until the trade deadline. If Bowness is able to continue with the good vibes and build on the good habits when he has the roster/talent to deploy a more balanced offensive top 6 (or forward line up in general) with another RH/RW - along with Ehlers' eventual return - instead of merely treading water (again, for lack of better words), this team could be pretty good. Otherwise, I think we'll continue to see some high highs (i.e. right now's winning 7 of last 8) and low lows (that Oct road trip, the thumping that MIN gave us around Thanksgiving, etc.).

How great would it be for the locker room to see Chevy make a move to reward them for their success today, rather than waiting to see if it's "for real" by the deadline?

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Agreed they are much more in control of how they play out a game. This season I have much more confidence in this team grinding out a win.

speaking strictly in Eye-Test Mode, I gotta say that I like how they didn't falter on their game plan when Chi got within 1.

Yes, you absolutely are justified in playing 'Prevent Defence' up by one.. when there's like 2 minutes left, not like 30 minutes left. During that time you gotta keep playing the game, confident that your predominance of inputs in vs outputs out will benefit you.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Stellar effort tonight.
Really good for the majority of the game which is all you can ask for.
Perfetti sniping to keep that momentum.

Samberg back in for Sunday.

@Potrzebie - the laptops fans and power supply died around the same time.
The machine was too old to invest in fixing it. (answer to question from the GDT).

Looking for the Sens to beat the Preds and Van to beat Minny on Saturday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad