Value of: Avs Firesale, truly this time...

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Has Jenner's stock dropped that much? Or am I just badly overrating Murray? Doesn't seem like Columbus would do that.

I wouldn't say his value has dropped, he's just had a slow start to the season. We're loaded at wing and desperately need an upgrade at 1C to slide Wennberg and Dubinsky down a spot. Like I said in the post, Murray is the most well-rounded defenseman the Jackets have. I think the Jackets do consider moving the two of them together if it means a player like Duchene is coming back.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
No. This whole thread turned into Av's fans TELLING US what their players are worth in Oiler dollars.

Barrie isnt worth RNH and its utterly irrelevant whether Avs fans think he is. We aint trading Nurse, and we can just add the whole thing to the previous 43,276 threads of other fanbases comparing their players to Oiler players.

This is kind of a funny post given that other fan bases have had to endure the numerous threads/posts from Oiler's fans telling other fan bases what their defensemen were and were not worth over the past 2 years.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
In reality, players aren't "worth" anything until/unless they're traded. Then and only then is their value decided.

This off season we learned that Shea Weber is worth P.K. Subban and that Adam Larsson is worth Taylor Hall.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
JVR + Carrick for Barrie

Avs save some cap dollars and add some scoring and size up front in JVR.. Carrick would fit in to the defense and has been playing pretty good this year being a +2 on a weaker team and playing in all situations.

Landeskog - Duchene - Iginla
JVR - MacKinnon - Rantanen

Leafs solidify their top 4 moving forward

Reilly - Barrie
Gardiner - Zaitsev

Avs44

May 16, 2011
JVR + Carrick for Barrie

Avs save some cap dollars and add some scoring and size up front in JVR.. Carrick would fit in to the defense and has been playing pretty good this year being a +2 on a weaker team and playing in all situations.

Landeskog - Duchene - Iginla
JVR - MacKinnon - Rantanen

Leafs solidify their top 4 moving forward

Reilly - Barrie
Gardiner - Zaitsev

...And here is the Avs' defense

Zadorov - Johnson
Tyutin - Beauchemin
Weircioch - Carrick

I think not. Really, really easy no. Avs don't need cap space right now, and will have it in abundance after this year, and JVR is a UFA in less than two years.

finds71

Jan 18, 2011
Canada
Duchene for top pairing.
Barrie for young top 6 forward
EJ for top 4 D
And Varly for a 1st
Anybody interested?

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Avs fan here, only players that should be safe if we miss the playoffs again this year are Rants and Zadorov. Everyone else should be available.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Not sure about cap space but yep value wise Id do it

No way in hell. A soon to be 30 year old Marc Staal signed until 2021, with a NMC, with an average of 5.7 million per year. Good god, no.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
No way in hell. A soon to be 30 year old Marc Staal signed until 2021, with a NMC, with an average of 5.7 million per year. Good god, no.

Ah yes, someone else who hasn't watched him for a year. Staal is not a detractor in any deal. His contract is not ideal but he plays well as a top 4 D. Funny how you completely ignored JT Miller btw...

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Ah yes, someone else who hasn't watched him for a year. Staal is not a detractor in any deal. His contract is not ideal but he plays well as a top 4 D. Funny how you completely ignored JT Miller btw...

I didn't ignore Miller, I just didn't post about him. The deal is an easy no, with Miller included. Pretty straightforward.

Alluckks

Gabriel Perreault Fan Account
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2011
I didn't ignore Miller, I just didn't post about him. The deal is an easy no, with Miller included. Pretty straightforward.

So what is your price for Barrie then?

What would you be looking for in abstract terms (Top 6 forward, prospects, picks, Dmen, etc.)?

And what would you be looking for from the Rangers?

Avs44

May 16, 2011
So what is your price for Barrie then?

What would you be looking for in abstract terms (Top 6 forward, prospects, picks, Dmen, etc.)?

And what would you be looking for from the Rangers?

He really can't be moved for a forward right now, because then the defense is a mess. The second pairing would probably end up a 36 year old Beauchemin and a 33 year old Tyutin, and they'd both be gone within the next two years with no replacement in sight. Basically, unless the Avs are acquiring a high end, youngish (in age with core) top four defensman from elsewhere, Barrie can't be moved, unless the return is something like a Trouba in a 1 for 1.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
Duchene for top pairing.
Barrie for young top 6 forward
EJ for top 4 D
And Varly for a 1st
Anybody interested?

EJ is a top pairing D...why trade him for a lesser piece?

Do you people not see that this is a process?

Crawford posted a 37 save shutout ffs. The Avs who aren't favorites by any stretch actually outshot the effing annual Cup contender Blackhawks. There times it took them 2 games to even get 37 shots last year.

The right processes are there, the bad luck is too. A Varly that's been below average hasn't helped. The Avs may be losing but it's certainly not due to a lack of trying and playing hard.

They're only 4-5. Season is young. Give the Avs til game 20 to see where they're at.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Flames offer for Landeskog:

Matt Stajan (salary reasons)
1st round pick
Hunter Shinkaruk
Rasmus Amdersson
Oh hell no. The Flames don't do that at all.

More quality, less quantity.

Landeskog starts with TJ Brodie.
How is a potential top 5 pick not quality? Trading Landeskog for Brodie doesn't meet the whole firesale thing and the Flames wouldn't do that straight up, nevermind "starting with Brodie"

I'm sorry, GTFO with garbage offers like that. That's an insult. Offer one top piece in return.
One top piece isn't how firesales work and with that 1st being a potential top 5 pick, that is a top piece.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad