Value of: Avs Firesale, truly this time...

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
SEPH is actually a very knowledgable Avs fan, and a great source of information for WHL players. He's just frustrated and might be over reacting a tad. I agree with him that we still need to make changes, but I'd start with Comeau, Iginla and McLeod, not anyone in the core.

Agree, Seph is one of the Avs posters I respect a lot around here. I get his frustration. At some point we just want results. It takes a lot of patience to deal with waiting, with the guys under performing to what we believe them capable of, with a new coach and new systems.

However at the end of the day, the Avs are far better right now than they were a year ago.

I see the frustration amongst Avs fans that only care about results and smile, because not one of us could crack it as an Oilers or Leafs fan.

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
Yeah, whatever makes you sleep at night bud.

If you want to continue the three years of failure from this core into a fourth, sure go right ahead! They're proving my thread's accuracy almost every other night.

It can be easily argued that the "Core" has never been surrounded with the right pieces necessary to be successful. Now it seems we have some of those pieces close to making an impact(Bigras, Jost, Greer/Compher, Rantanen and Zadorov and we'd be better suited waiting for these guys to grow and make an impact rather than trading what we already have for a potentially worse package. Sure if the right trade comes along take it but Im not sure we can say "the core" has ever really been put into a postition to succeed. It just seems better to say the core isn't what we thought it would be but lets continue good drafting and give them better support and eventually we will have the depth and skill to compete.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
Agree, Seph is one of the Avs posters I respect a lot around here. I get his frustration. At some point we just want results. It takes a lot of patience to deal with waiting, with the guys under performing to what we believe them capable of, with a new coach and new systems.

However at the end of the day, the Avs are far better right now than they were a year ago.

I see the frustration amongst Avs fans that only care about results and smile, because not one of us could crack it as an Oilers or Leafs fan.

You've convinced me that growing up as a Red Sox fan in the 80s was actually a good thing. The 1986 series built character, and helped me learn patience. Thanks Bill Buckner, you made me a better person. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad