Value of: Avs Firesale, truly this time...

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Three coaching regimes, this core still has the same problems. There has been enough time for these players to change their ways, but can't. This team is beyond fragile mentally, Bednar has made some good decision among game-system, but the players just can't execute, a lot of our core are just idiots. Solid players, but completely lack any intelligence in terms of taking the next step. This team also suffers from a lot of junior level of mistakes, especially puck-watching.

Honestly, the only three players that should be untouchable are Duchene, Zadorov, and Rantanen.

EVERYONE else is available. MacKinnon is dumber than a doorknob. I wouldn't mind trading Landeskog too. EJ's age wouldn't fit into Avs re-rebuild. Varlamov too. Barrie doesn't belong in Bednar's system.

But word of warning, just because these players are available, does NOT mean you'll be able to get them for cheap. If we trade MacKinnon, we want a franchise player back, preferably one with some level of intelligence. Likewise with the rest.

Enjoy.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Let's not get too emotional and overboard here. This is a very reactionary thread SEPH. Realistically, whatever frustrations you have with MacKinnon, he is not getting moved right now. Zero chance. He's 21, and they just re-signed him. Landeskog is also highly unlikely.

I think you could say that MacKinnon, Landeskog, Rantanen, and Zadorov are not going anywhere right now. EJ, due to his contract, isn't likely to be traded either.

I would say Barrie, Varlamov, and then the mediocre pieces on the roster are the most likely to be shuffled around right now.

QcFlames12

Feb 1, 2012
Flames offer for Landeskog:

Matt Stajan (salary reasons)
1st round pick
Hunter Shinkaruk
Rasmus Amdersson

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Let's not get too emotional and overboard here. This is a very reactionary thread SEPH. Realistically, whatever frustrations you have with MacKinnon, he is not getting moved right now. Zero chance. He's 21, and they just re-signed him. Landeskog is also highly unlikely.
Last five years with the same problems and losing the same way is reactionary?

1st round pick
Hunter Shinkaruk
Rasmus Amdersson
More quality, less quantity.

Landeskog starts with TJ Brodie.

Avs44

May 16, 2011

1st round pick
Hunter Shinkaruk
Rasmus Amdersson

I'm sorry, GTFO with garbage offers like that. That's an insult. Offer one top piece in return.

Suggesting they trade everyone / everyone is available is reactionary, yes. There are major issues, but it's 8 games in under a new coach and we all agreed this was something of a developmental year.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA

More quality, less quantity.

Landeskog starts with TJ Brodie.

you call it a firesale but I am now wondering if you know what a firesale is. Generally in a firesale the store having the firesale doesn't sell things for more than they're worth.

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
hmm

I think you could say that MacKinnon, Landeskog, Rantanen, and Zadorov are not going anywhere right now. EJ, due to his contract, isn't likely to be traded either.

I would say Barrie, Varlamov, and then the mediocre pieces on the roster are the most likely to be shuffled around right now.

Rangers may have interest in Barrie. Don't know what Aves would be looking for though?

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
The avs have a lot of pieces to be a playoff team. They badly need a better goalie and a true #D imo. Avs fans prob will never agree with me and tell me their team is perfect the way it is, but its not.

Idk why Z and Rantanen would be untouchable over players like Barrie, Mck an Landy, but adding any of those 3 players to any team would be a major boost. Tho I doubt any team can offer anything good, or as good as u want, so if u were to have a firesale, u better be ready to take lesser pieces and not other franchise players. Or dont have one.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
How much for Erik Johnson?

An equal or better defensman. The Avs can't trade EJ without getting that back unless the whole thing is being blown up, and regardless of what the OP says, that's not happening 8 games into the season under a new coach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad