Prospect Info: Avs draft F Calum Ritchie (2023 #27 overall)

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Crazy idea, but how about instead of picking out hot and cold streaks by Ritchie in the middle of the season, let's try a larger sample size of the season as a whole? All around, he's sitting at just over 1.6 points per game. A wise sage earlier in the thread said that you would hope to see at least 1.6 PPG from a D+1 player in the CHL if you're going to expect them to be an impact player. He's hit that target, and still has a few games left to go to bump that number up higher. That's good.

Be happy for once, you whiny crybaby f***s. :D
Or bring it lower.... :sarcasm:

Yeah, he's had a great season overall. And judging by what we've heard from the trade deadline rumors it sounds like both the Avs and other teams around the league have really taken notice on his season. Lots of teams that wanted him and the Avs basically told them all he was unavailable.

I think both he and Gulyayev have had successful D+1 seasons. Which is very good and a big switch up from what we got with Olausson, our last 1st round pick that pretty much immediately went downhill.

Reactions: McMetal

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
@aghockey entered the chatroom.

He's our only hope.

iu

Reactions: CobraAcesS

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002
Girard never stopped being the whipping boy for a few clowns.

But I think for most of us it will be Mikko now. I'd say he's clearly the laziest player on the team now that RyJo is gone and most of us hate lazy play.
Hmm. Not sure about that - he does score quite a bit after all. Tough to be a whipping boy when you're scoring 40+.

My prediction is either Wood (SIX YEAR CONTRACT!!!!!:scared: ) or Giorgiev.

Unfortunately, Girogiev might actually earn it.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Hmm. Not sure about that - he does score quite a bit after all. Tough to be a whipping boy when you're scoring 40+.

I think the contract makes it pointless with Wood. Where George actually has sucked. I'd argue he's been given a metric ton of rope, and just got more from our GM.

Mikko is about to sign a massive contract, and has not been worth franchise player money. It's a real issue.

Random assholes I've barely heard of are reaching 40 goals. Scoring is up, it's a fact.

Reactions: niwotsblessing

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis

George is also a good option and well deserved so far this year. But I think if you check out the GDTs, Mikko is getting a lot of hate right now. Again, somewhat deserved. The point production is up but he is clearly mailing it in on a lot of nights. And I think what has particularly rubbed some people the wrong way with him is the lack of accountability seemingly every time he speaks to the media.

I dunno if Wood plays enough or a big enough role to really get that much shit. And, he's generally been decent this year.

SaltySkywalker

Bushes of Love
Jul 15, 2016
Tatooine
lol as in you accidentally selected Bedard instead of McDavid? :laugh:

That's more ironic than that Alanis Morrisette song, 90% of which isn't irony at all.

Haha yeah. I didn’t even just select the wrong Conor, I just accidentally clicked “draft” as I tried to click over into the draft window and he was while he was selected. And thus the name was born.

I also had a bunch of Rumple minze…

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Foppa2118

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Haha yeah. I didn’t even just select the wrong Conor, I just accidentally clicked “draft” as I tried to click over into the draft window and he was while he was selected. And thus the name was born.

I also had a bunch of Rumplemintz…
Oh God, Rumple Minze...I used to be all about schnapps-like drinks like that and Goldschlager, I can't even look a bottle now.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
George is also a good option and well deserved so far this year. But I think if you check out the GDTs, Mikko is getting a lot of hate right now. Again, somewhat deserved. The point production is up but he is clearly mailing it in on a lot of nights. And I think what has particularly rubbed some people the wrong way with him is the lack of accountability seemingly every time he speaks to the media.

I dunno if Wood plays enough or a big enough role to really get that much shit. And, he's generally been decent this year.

Wood negates icing like a demon, hits people, and scores the odd goal.

He's a high end Cody Mac, totally fine with his paycheck and the contract. It will age fine with inflation, maybe be a bit expensive, but if that contract is your only issue it shouldn't handcuff the team.

We won with EJ making an extra 2 to 3M.

Reactions: Gumballhead

ABasin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2002

I agree on Wood's play. He's been fine (as has Manson, after the first 15 games or so).

But Pierce - has decent play ever stopped this group from their whipping boy? :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad