Prospect Info: Avs draft F Calum Ritchie (2023 #27 overall)

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
1688005633064.png

Reactions: Snow Arc

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Skating and motor are questions. Lots of tools to be a NHL player. His most likely outcome is somewhere between Dylan Strome and an AHL form of him. If he shows a motor next season and uses his frame like he can, there is a chance he elevates. He'll certainly need guys who can shoot next to him on the wing.

Bone Breaker

Apr 2, 2015
Tokyo
I dont like our track record when it comes to late first rounders and centers. but lets be hopeful. at least now we have some prospect with real nhl upside in the system, according to Pronman. lol

Oblivion Beckons

Jan 20, 2021
I dont like our track record when it comes to late first rounders and centers. but lets be hopeful. at least now we have some prospect with real nhl upside in the system, according to Pronman. lol

I don't either which is why until proven otherwise I expect every one of them to not become roster players for the Avs and just be traded away.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Edstrom is a more boring pick than Ritchie IMO. Ritchie is more offensively talented just has more question marks where Edstrom is a near lock NHL center but high floor lower ceiling.
See, I think Edstrom has more talent than is led on. He got better and better as the year went on. I also think he's around the puck a lot more than Ritchie, and a better skater.

Rumplesnipeskin

Bar Down
Nov 30, 2011
Colorado
I like having the kid in the organization, will give us more skill in the pool.

Would have been nice to trade the pick, but no one really “fell” too far, at least inasmuch as was relevant to our picks, so I doubt the pick-trade market developed favourably as the round went on.

95snipes

Dec 11, 2019
See, I think Edstrom has more talent than is led on. He got better and better as the year went on. I also think he's around the puck a lot more than Ritchie, and a better skater.
Definitely the better skater. No debate there.

I like both players and would have been fine with either, but if your shooting for upside, I like Ritchie better. He has more skill imo.

Randomly enough on my list I had Gulyayev 20, Ritchie 21, and Edstrom 22.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Skating and motor are questions. Lots of tools to be a NHL player. His most likely outcome is somewhere between Dylan Strome and an AHL form of him. If he shows a motor next season and uses his frame like he can, there is a chance he elevates. He'll certainly need guys who can shoot next to him on the wing.
Do you think his skating can be improved?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad