Prospect Info: Avs draft F Calum Ritchie (2023 #27 overall)

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Are facts just made up shit now?

Out of all the posters on this board, I’d put the most money on you being a divorcee (most likely multiple). :laugh:

You literally made your entire post up about things I did not say.

Tell me where I suggested the Avs trade Mack/Makar. Tell me where I suggested Ritchie needs to be the pinnacle of consistency.

Literally an entire post of hyperbole bullshit. You must be Marchessault in your username because you clearly can't read.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Moops

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Like I just said. Where in the hell is the "logic" missing from suggesting a kid that scored at a rate not seen in years in the OHL was a hot streak.

The irony of your post here is not lost.

We can post some GameScore Compositions if you want. But wait, you only find those meaningful if they prove your point right???

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
We can post some GameScore Compositions if you want. But wait, you only find those meaningful if they prove your point right???

Yeah the irony is shining through.

I dont even know wtf you're talking about but if you want to believe Ritchie is on his way to becoming a generational talent because of 15 games go right ahead.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Where did I say anything about a cold streak.

He put up 35 points in 15 games. But outside of that 15 game stretch he's put up 38 points in 30 games. The 15 game stretch was clearly more of a hot streak. Nobody in the league is even close to that kind of production and nobody in the league has produced that rate for a full season in years. It's the very definition of a hot streak.

That doesn't mean he's not still having a great year or that he isn't still a great prospect. But if people have this expectation or belief that he's some 2.33 PPG player simply experiencing a "Cold streak" as you put it right now they're flat out being delusional.
First, I wrote "cold" as in colder, not as hot, etc. I thought it was petty evident I wasn't calling it a cold streak per se.

Second, where did I say or give the impression I thought he could be a 2.33 PPG player in the OH?. He scored 35pts in 15 games and now he is back with 12 in 6 games so 47 pts in 21 games in those two "hot" streaks. As you said he had 38 pts in the other 30 games. It certainly looks like I was right when I said it is probably somewhere in the middle.

Reactions: avsfan09

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Like I just said. Where in the hell is the "logic" missing from suggesting a kid that scored at a rate not seen in years in the OHL was a hot streak.

The irony of your post here is not lost.
And the irony in your posts is shining as well when you said that some people here are expecting Ritchie to be 2.33 PPG player.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
First, I wrote "cold" as in colder, not as hot, etc. I thought it was petty evident I wasn't calling it a cold streak per se.

Second, where did I say or give the impression I thought he could be a 2.33 PPG player in the OH?. He scored 35pts in 15 games and now he is back with 12 in 6 games so 47 pts in 21 games in those two "hot" streaks. As you said he had 38 pts in the other 30 games. It certainly looks like I was right when I said it is probably somewhere in the middle.

The 12 points in his last 6 games are a part of his 17 in his last 13 games. They aren't separate. If you really want to continue down this silly road, that means he also had just 5 points in 7 games before that. A legitimate cold streak for a player of his caliber.

Players go through ebs and flows within a season all the time. I truly don't get why calling 35 points in 15 games a hot streak has created so much controversy... Unless like I said, folks genuinely think it wasn't a hot streak and thats the player they expect from him.

His overall numbers on the season are great, he's having a great year. Suggesting he had a hot streak doesn't take anything away from that.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The 12 points in his last 6 games are a part of his 17 in his last 13 games. They aren't separate. If you really want to continue down this silly road, that means he also had just 5 points in 7 games before that. A legitimate cold streak for a player of his caliber.

Players go through ebs and flows within a season all the time. I truly don't get why calling 35 points in 15 games a hot streak has created so much controversy... Unless like I said, folks genuinely think it wasn't a hot streak and thats the player they expect from him.

His overall numbers on the season are great, he's having a great year. Suggesting he had a hot streak doesn't take anything away from that.
Sorry I missed that.

I'm not going a silly road. I don't think there is anybody here that is saying 35 pts in 15 games isn't a hot streak. You are the one sounding like saying that he is more like the last 13 games. I'm the one saying it is probably more somewhere in the middle.....for the third time now. But you keep missing that part of my comment for some reason.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Sorry I missed that.

I'm not going a silly road. I don't think there is anybody here that is saying 35 pts in 15 games isn't a hot streak. You are the one sounding like saying that he is more like the last 13 games. I'm the one saying it is probably more somewhere in the middle.....for the third time now. But you keep missing that part of my comment for some reason.
Clearly there is.

My very first post was responding to someone who suggested it isn't a heater and is actually a representation of his play. Then you've got that can'tread guy taking offense to the suggestion it was a hot streak.

I'm not missing that part of your comment. It just isn't an interesting part to reply to since I tend to mostly agree. I even said in my last response his overall numbers are great. It's a much better indication of his play and as you said it's a good mix of his hot streak and his play throughout the entire year.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Clearly there is.

My very first post was responding to someone who suggested it isn't a heater and is actually a representation of his play. Then you've got that can'tread guy taking offense to the suggestion it was a hot streak.

I'm not missing that part of your comment. It just isn't an interesting part to reply to since I tend to mostly agree. I even said in my last response his overall numbers are great. It's a much better indication of his play and as you said it's a good mix of his hot streak and his play throughout the entire year.
Ah ok...one person...got it.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
More like two... the two people I directly responded to.
If you are referring to me as the 2nd one I thought it was pretty obvious my original post was a joke. Three people laughed at it and everybody else didn't comment on it except you who obviously took it seriously...not surprising.

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Ok but who do I reach out to to ensure that we get the 35 points in 15 games Ritchie and not the 17 in 13 Jost look alike?

Reactions: Avs9296

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
If you are referring to me as the 2nd one I thought it was pretty obvious my original post was a joke. Three people laughed at it and everybody else didn't comment on it except you who obviously took it seriously...not surprising.

No, I'm not referring to you. I didn't even see your first post.

But good job to throw in another personal shot. Well done.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad