Player Discussion Austin Czarnik

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBigBadB

Feb 13, 2003
North Andover
Visit site
I put Agustino, Czarnik, Vatrano and possibly Spooner in the same group. Great AHL numbers but game many never translate to the NHL consistently enough to remain in the league. Hope I am wrong, but just feel they are those types.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I put Agustino, Czarnik, Vatrano and possibly Spooner in the same group. Great AHL numbers but game many never translate to the NHL consistently enough to remain in the league. Hope I am wrong, but just feel they are those types.
That's why TC is going to be so exciting this year. Competition for what could be four or five open forward slots should be intense.

I believe Bjork has a lock on one of those. Agostino was awarded a one way contract. No guarantees, but he should start off with an edge on the others.

I'm pulling for Austin to snag a spot.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yeah, 3rd or 4th line I'm thinking.

I assume we'll potentially see this tonight, if Acciari can't go? Also assuming he's up for Acciari, and not for Marchand (i guess you can ERC for suspensions). If Acciari goes, could always sub Czarnik in for Vatrano.

Heinen -- Bergeron -- Pastrnak
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Spooner
Vatrano -- Nash -- Backes
Schaller -- Kuraly -- Czarnik

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
He should be given another opportunity...continues to impress P bruins and wasn't bad when up. Perhaps he should be called up before Cehlarik next opportuntiy. Love Cehlarik however Csar is more deserving at this stage.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
I'm really happy he is called up, the kid has been playing great hockey down there and absolutely earned it. I've felt for the kid playing great all year and not being given a chance at any point. Don't know if he will do anything with his opportunity but I'm glad he is getting it.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site

Sp0oner? Huh? Spooner can be inconsistent, and certainly has frustrated people, but he has shown repeatedly during his NHL career when you put him on the ice with talent around him he produces points. Spooner will end up playing 10+ nhl seasons.

I do think Czarnik is an offensive player who really needs to get out there on a line with talented linemates and PP time etc. And he may not be quite good enough to fill that role at the NHL level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad