Player Discussion Austin Czarnik

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
They should keep Czarnik on the taxi squad for the playoffs. A very useful sub, with speed they can use against teams like TO.

I liked Czarnik a lot last night, he was a big reason why the 4th line had the leafs penned in their own zone the majority of time. His speed and relentless fore-check along with Kuralys was terrorizing to the leafs.

I would of liked to see him stay up longer, because in last nights game against the leafs he brought more than Accari has.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Dom is that just regular season games? Assuming he's a Black Ace for playoffs

Doesn't matter. Because of his age at signing his first contract (23) he has to clear waivers after completing 3 seasons or 60 games.

Next season he would have to clear waivers whether he plays (or is on active roster) another game for the Bruins this season or not.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015
I'd like to see Czarnik get a legit shot at the 4th line. He can kill penalties, take faceoffs, be on the powerplay, has good speed etc. Doesn't quite have Acciari's physical play, but his speed and skill does add another element to Bruins 4th line that looked very goodagainst Toronto. The waiver situation does complicate things though.

Reactions: bbfan419

remer

Oct 18, 2005
If Czarnik has to clear waiver next year, it might be wise to see if the Bruins can get something for him at the deadline. He is a 25 year old RFA and I can't see him having a spot on this team next year. Jordan Szwarz is a UFA and might be someone you move as well. Plus the Kenny Agostino move Sweeney did, did not pan out either.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
If Czarnik has to clear waiver next year, it might be wise to see if the Bruins can get something for him at the deadline. He is a 25 year old RFA and I can't see him having a spot on this team next year. Jordan Szwarz is a UFA and might be someone you move as well. Plus the Kenny Agostino move Sweeney did, did not pan out either.
I don't think gutting Providence for a couple of late round picks (at best) is the smartest thing. Czarnik may possibly fetch a 4th from somewhere given his production in the AHL, age and RFA status but the others not so much. Rather see the kids gain playoff experience and get a crack at the Calder Cup with a good AHL roster and see where the dominoes fall in the off season.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I don't think gutting Providence for a couple of late round picks (at best) is the smartest thing. Czarnik may possibly fetch a 4th from somewhere given his production in the AHL, age and RFA status but the others not so much. Rather see the kids gain playoff experience and get a crack at the Calder Cup with a good AHL roster and see where the dominoes fall in the off season.

Yup, he's a solid depth player that may be needed for the playoffs in the event of injuries. Played well in the game on Saturday.

Moving Czarnik for a pick (rather than risk losing him next Oct. on waivers) is a off-season move, not a deadline one for a team looking to make a solid playoff run.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I would keep Czarnik in over either of Acciari or Schaller, he brings more speed, skill and great on the fore-check, PK etc.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
He's either traded or retained and playing black ace role? I worry he becomes a future Sbvotka/Versteeg success story. I could totally see that happening with him. I would prefer to keep him for 4th line next season.

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
He's either traded or retained and playing black ace role? I worry he becomes a future Sbvotka/Versteeg success story. I could totally see that happening with him. I would prefer to keep him for 4th line next season.
I think you are going to see a number of those with so many strong prospects in the org. I feel like there is a chance he doesn't even get qualified.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
It sounds like he's getting another game when Marchand returns tomorrow. Coach said as much in the post game interview on NESN.

Vatrano looks to be out with a lower body injury so they will be able to keep him on an Emergency Recall which bypasses waivers. Tonight against Detroit was his 57th (of 60) game in the NHL.

I don't know specifics but they have been bouncing him with a paper transaction the last couple of games so they may do it again tonight/tomorrow and bring him back up again as an Emergency Recall for Vatrano.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I'd like to see more of him on the PK. He has more to offer, overall, than Accari who seems to be a one dimensional forward.

Accari has more crunch along the boards, but Austin brings a better overall game. With his speed and Kuraly`s as well, this line can pot a few while filling the checking line role.

If Vatrano is out a while, Cassidy may be forced to keep him in the lineup, though Bruce was not effusive in his praise when asked in the post game.

Reactions: PB37

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I've liked him a bit more than Acciari during this small stint, hope he continues to build on it.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
So 3 more games before he has to clear waivers?
Yes.

But he is currently on the Bruins as an Emergency Recall because they have less than 12 healthy forwards. Emergency Recalls bypass wavers but the player has to be sent down immediately once a 12th forward is back.

So if Vatrano and Acciari are out for the next 10 games with injury, Czarnik can stay up all 10 games and then be returned to Providence without having to clear waivers even though 10 games would put him at 67 played.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Yes.

But he is currently on the Bruins as an Emergency Recall because they have less than 12 healthy forwards. Emergency Recalls bypass wavers but the player has to be sent down immediately once a 12th forward is back.

So if Vatrano and Acciari are out for the next 10 games with injury, Czarnik can stay up all 10 games and then be returned to Providence without having to clear waivers even though 10 games would put him at 67 played.

Are you sure? I thought it didn't matter if he was playing because of an emergency recall? Once he hits his 60 games, no matter how he hits them, he's waiver eligible. I could have sworn I read that on here.....Hell, I thought I read he doesn't even need to play. Just needs to be on the roster. I could be wrong though. I'm wrong more than I'm right lol

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
Are you sure? I thought it didn't matter if he was playing because of an emergency recall? Once he hits his 60 games, no matter how he hits them, he's waiver eligible. I could have sworn I read that on here.....Hell, I thought I read he doesn't even need to play. Just needs to be on the roster. I could be wrong though. I'm wrong more than I'm right lol
As I understand it, emergency recalls do not have to pass through waivers, however if he plays his 60 games he won't be able to be recalled on a non emergency basis without passing through waivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->