Player Discussion Austin Czarnik

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewins

Apr 23, 2015
I honestly like Backes on the second line just for the physical presence.

It's a pretty weak top 6 physically, as the only remotely physical player you have there is Beleskey. I'm also not sure Matt should be up in the top 6 given what he's shown this year, and I say that as an established Beleskey fanboy.

Changing Backes and Beleskey isn't too much of a physicality difference, I just would rather the spooner play his speed game, Dk and Backes dont allow him to do that: pasta, vatrano, czarnik, marchy would fit better with his style. Backes deserves to be in a "top 6" over MB and his current performance but it allows for even icetime for all three lines. Also Backes is a better 2-way presence on the line and will allow for spooner to not have the full defensive responsibility in his own zone.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
I really like this kid. He has a nice "jump" out on the ice. Smart player (right place , right time)... Still needs to bulk up a little more and maybe if he can , we can see a Pasta like transformation (increase power skating)

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I really like this kid. He has a nice "jump" out on the ice. Smart player (right place , right time)... Still needs to bulk up a little more and maybe if he can , we can see a Pasta like transformation (increase power skating)

I'd love for Brad Marchand to take Czarnik under his wing this offseason.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
He's had a few hiccups lately but I really like his skating ability . His speed is a nice boost to the 3rd line .

i like his ability to gain the zone on the PP. rookie mistake on that staal goal, but overall he's done a nice job. next he needs to start putting up some numbers, but that will come.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I mean, 2/3rd of that already is

With another high energy skilled player in Bjork, that line could be dybamite if he ( Bjork ) is the real deal ). I wonder when the last time the Bruins iced an all college kid line. I remember Heinze and Donato being on the same line when they broke into the NHL, but I don't think there was a third college player on that line.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
With another high energy skilled player in Bjork, that line could be dybamite if he ( Bjork ) is the real deal ). I wonder when the last time the Bruins iced an all college kid line. I remember Heinze and Donato being on the same line when they broke into the NHL, but I don't think there was a third college player on that line.

they sometimes ice an all-college line now, but dominic moore isn't a kid anymore.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
He's been noticeably improving, which has been great. Excited to see where he is in the coming years skill wise (hopefully location wise still in Boston lol)

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
I think he's been getting better as of late, especially since he's been playing centre. He has great chemistry with Vatrano, but it sucks he won't be playing much with him if Backes will be out for a while

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Watching him tonight, he was OK but it reminded me that I sure didn't miss the little guy in the line-up.

AK37

May 25, 2006
RI
Don't under estimate the Cassidy factor here......Czarnik and Vatrano were dynamite last year in Providence for Cassidy

I think it's an obvious move with Spooner out of the lineup for Cassidy to reunite the two of them and hope they get something going offensively

I also wouldn't mind seeing Cehlarik get some time on that line if Stafford stays with Krejci and Pastnrak.......a kid line of Vatrano-Czarnik-Cehlarik could provide some offense. I think this is the big difference between Claude and Cassidy, Julien would never allow that line to happen, he'd have Schaller or Nash on it

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Don't under estimate the Cassidy factor here......Czarnik and Vatrano were dynamite last year in Providence for Cassidy

I think it's an obvious move with Spooner out of the lineup for Cassidy to reunite the two of them and hope they get something going offensively

I also wouldn't mind seeing Cehlarik get some time on that line if Stafford stays with Krejci and Pastnrak.......a kid line of Vatrano-Czarnik-Cehlarik could provide some offense. I think this is the big difference between Claude and Cassidy, Julien would never allow that line to happen, he'd have Schaller or Nash on it

if Cassidy is going to play Hayes as Center? I rather have Cehlarik on the wing than Czarnik

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
He had a Hayes flanking him...

He could have Mike Bossy flanking him he will never be another more than just a guy. Plenty of small third/fourth liners in the NHL, move him for a forward with some size and skill. Doubt anybody would take him straight up but maybe in a package.

Vatrano and Czarnik being good in Providence doesn't mean a thing. While I love Vatranos release and shot his play without the puck is weak, at least I think he may be able to learn to play without the puck, Czarnik shows me very little besides speed. A not as talented Spooner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad