ATD 2018 Sign Up Thread

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Draft Lottery

So I decided to let the dice decide. I rolled it once for every GM and noted each result as following:

29GoalHoglund: 6
BenchBrawl: 4
BlueBull: 4
Claude the Fraud: 3
Darth Yoda: 4
Iceman: 5
ImporterExporter: 6
jarek: 1
Johnny Engine: 3
kruezer: 3
Leaf Lander: 6
Namba 17: 5
overpass: 6
papershoes: 3
ResilientBeast: 4
rmartin65: 2
Sprague Cleghorn: 3
Stoneberg/markrander87: 2
TheDevilMadeMe: 2
tinyzombies: 5
TorontoTrades: 2
VanIslander: 1
Velociraptor: 1
Voight: 5

The GMs with the hightest number stayed in contention for the 1st overall pick. I rolled the dice a second time for each of these four GMs:

29GoalHoglund: 1
ImporterExporter: 2
Leaf Lander: 4
overpass: 5

Thus, overpass picks 1st overall in the 2018 ATD. LeafLander picks 2nd, ImporterExporter 3rd and 29GoalHoglund 4th.

The next picks went to the four GMs had a 5 in the first round. I rolled the dice a second time for each of them:

Iceman: 2
Namba 17: 1
tinyzombies: 1
Voight: 4

Thus, Voight picks 5th overall and Iceman 6th. Another decision was necessary between Namba 17 and tinyzombies:

Namba 17: (1) 5
tinyzombies: (1) 6

Both had a 1 again in the first attempt. In the second attempt, tinyzombies got the 7th pick and Namba 17 the 8th pick.

Next the GMs who had a 4 in the first round. This time the dice gave them the following:

BenchBrawl: 5
BlueBull: 4
ResilientBeast: 2

Thus, BenchBrawl picks 9th and ResilientBeast 12th. The run-off for 10th overall:

BlueBull: 2

Thus, Darth Yoda picks 10th and BlueBull 11th.

Next the GMs who had a 3 in the first round. The second roll of the dice gave them, including the run-off:

Claude the Fraud: 5 (3)
Johnny Engine: 3
kruezer: 4
papershoes: 5 (2)
Sprague Cleghorn: 1

Claude the Fraud picks 13th, papershoes 14th, kruezer 15th, Johnny Engine 16th and Sprague Cleghorn 17th.

Next the GMs who had a 2 in the first round. Their second result:

rmartin65: 2
Stoneberg/markrander87: 1
TheDevilMadeMe: 5 (6)
TorontoTrades: 5 (1)

Thus, TheDevilMadeMe picks 18th, TorontoTrades 19th, rmartin65 20th and Stoneberg/markrander87 pick 21th.

Last, the GMs who had a 1 in the first round. Their second attempt:

jarek: 4
VanIslander: 1
Velociraptor: 3

Thus, jarek picks 22th and Velociraptor 23th. VanIslander picks 24th and last in the first round and then gets to pick 1st in the second round.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Draft Order

1) overpass
2) Leaf Lander
3) Importer Exporter
4) 29GoalHoglund
5) Voight
6) Iceman
7) tinyzombies
8) Namba 17
9) BenchBrawl
10) Darth Yoda
11) BlueBull
12) ResilientBeast
13) Claude the Fraude
14) papershoes
15) kruezer
16) Johny Engine
17) Sprague Cleghorn
18) TheDevilMadeMe
19) Toronto Trades
20) rmartin65
21) Stoneberg/markrander87
22) jarek
23) Velociraptor
24) VanIslander

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
The dice worketh! :bow::clap:

Thanks @Theokritos for helping out and rolling well :D

3rd overall. First time ever in the top 10.

RZd6utt.gif

rmartin65

Apr 7, 2011
Thanks for doing the lottery, Theokritos! It was quite the welcome surprise to wake up to.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
Don't hesitate to participate if you want.If not this year, next year.

Since you guys already seem to have a full group and the draft order was already posted it looks like I’m too late. I can always just wait for next year. Or you can place me on a replacement/backup list or something if anyone has to back out. It’s up to you.

Either way I will be following along!

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Since you guys already seem to have a full group and the draft order was already posted it looks like I’m too late. I can always just wait for next year. Or you can place me on a replacement/backup list or something if anyone has to back out. It’s up to you.

Either way I will be following along!

BlueBull hasn't signed up, you might be able to replace him if he doesn't show up.Stay put.

Reactions: Habsfan18

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
9th, interesting.

overpass, last to sign up, gets 1st overall! Good for him.Not good for me who has him in my division :facepalm:

So my division is:

overpass
BenchBrawl
Sprague Cleghorn

what a joke again.The Gods are against me in division lotteries.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
9th, interesting.

overpass, last to sign up, gets 1st overall! Good for him.Not good for me who has him in my division :facepalm:

So my division is:

overpass
BenchBrawl
Sprague Cleghorn

what a joke again.The Gods are against me in division lotteries.

When is the last time you drafted outside the top 10? ;)

I'm interested to see where overpass goes. Orr seems to always go #1. Will the trend continue?

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
When is the last time you drafted outside the top 10? ;)

I'm interested to see where overpass goes. Orr seems to always go #1. Will the trend continue?

In 2015 I teamed up with papershoes, though I wasn't yet with the club when he drafted Rocket Richard at 11th I think (an excellent choice).I was 16th in 2014 and 18th overall in 2012.I don't think Top 10 is inherently better.

p.s. My space key is completely stuck, God that is annoying.Winter storm outside,won't go buy a new one now.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
In 2015 I teamed up with papershoes, though I wasn't yet with the club when he drafted Rocket Richard at 11th I think (an excellent choice).I was 16th in 2014 and 18th overall in 2012.I don't think Top 10 is inherently better.

p.s. My space key is completely stuck, God that is annoying.Winter storm outside,won't go buy a new one now.

You do a great job no matter where you draft. I definitely think having a top 5-10 pick is not an automatic path to success when there are more than say 30 teams. It's such a long wait until your 2nd and 3rd picks. With 24 teams, it seems like there is a better chance you'll get a player a tier higher than normal in years past. We'll see!

Also, I hear you on the winter weather. Somehow, it was almost 60 yesterday. Today we're back in the 20's with wind chill in the teens. The older I get the more i hate the cold and overall weather in general this time of the year...

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
Anyone in the top-10 willing to swap for 22nd? If not, guess I'm in for a very boring draft, AGAIN picking in roughly the same spot as always..

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
It just goes with the draft order:

1st overall in division 1
2nd overall in division 2
8th overall in division 8
9th overall in division 1

Ah, I see. So the divisions are:

Division 1:
overpass - Ottawa Senators
BenchBrawl - Montreal Canadiens
Sprague Cleghorn - Algerie

Division 2:
Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
Darth Yoda - Pominville Estacades
TheDevilMadeMe - New Jersey Swamp Devils

Division 3:
Importer Exporter - Pittsburgh Bankers
BlueBull - Vancouver Millionaires
Toronto Trades - Port Stanley Sailors

Division 4:
29GoalHoglund - Brampton Beavers
ResilientBeast - Edmonton Oilers
rmartin65 - New York Americans

Division 5:
Voight - Amarillo Bulls
Claude the Fraude - Winnipeg Jets
Stoneberg & markrander87 - (tba)

Division 6:
Iceman - Stockholm Rockets
papershoes - Kenora Thistles
jarek - Kingsman Secret Agents

Division 7:
tinyzombies - N.D.G. Maroons
kruezer - Seattle Metropolitans
Velociraptor - HC Kunlun Red Star

Division 8:
Namba 17 - Portage Lakes Hockey Club
Johny Engine - Guards Athletic Association
VanIslander - Worcester Railers

So 2/3 teams from each division advance to the playoffs, right?

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010

Right. Then I think this question needs to be answered before the drafting process gets under way:

We've talked about this last year, but I don't think any decision was made: Wouldn't it be nice to give those participants who don't make the playoff an incentive to sign up again last year? I would propose we have another lottery right after the regular season standings are announced and assign picks 1-8 overall of the 2019 ATD to the GMs who are done for 2018.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad