ATD 2018 Sign Up Thread

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
So allright, now that HT18 is available for back-up and that Claude The Fraud has logged in, we can move forward on schedule.I asked someone to do the draft lottery on Saturday, waiting to hear from him.Then the clock can start Monday, January 15th at noon (EST).I will send a last PM tomorrow to warn everybody.

If you want to vote on any of the available poll or if you want to sign-up for the draft, please do so before friday evening.

Last edited:

jarek

Aug 15, 2009
So we're going to have a situation where 67% of the teams are going to make the playoffs? This is going to really suck for the 33% that don't. This is exactly the type of situation I was hoping to avoid with my proposal.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
So we're going to have a situation where 67% of the teams are going to make the playoffs? This is going to really suck for the 33% that don't. This is exactly the type of situation I was hoping to avoid with my proposal.

You know, you're probably right, but it's a bit late for that now.

We have a choice: 8 divisions of 3 teams, or 4 divisions of 6 teams.Top-2 of each division makes the playoffs, meaning 16 teams in the playoffs if we go with 8 divisions, or 8 teams in the playoffs if we go with 4 divisions.

I know I prefer 8 divisions and 16 teams making the playoffs, and this is more like what people voted on, except we hoped for 4 teams per division instead of 3.

Last edited:

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
I'll be the Port Stanley Sailors

port-stanley-sailors-logob.jpg

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Looks like the rookies are locked and loaded! Glad to see some new blood here in the ATD. Hope you guys enjoy yourselves. If you need any help with old player bio's or information feel free to seek me or any other vet out. We'll be glad to help.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express

Honestly I'm fine with it. It sucks a bit to be voted 3rd in a 3 team division and not make the playoffs but really this goes back to wasting so much time with early round voting where 1 and 2 seeds mop up the rest of the lower seeded teams. There are never upsets because regular season voting determines who the majority think are the best teams. Those same voters are rarely going to change their minds days/weeks later when you have a 1 seed vs 8, etc.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Honestly I'm fine with it. It sucks a bit to be voted 3rd in a 3 team division and not make the playoffs but really this goes back to wasting so much time with early round voting where 1 and 2 seeds mop up the rest of the lower seeded teams. There are never upsets because regular season voting determines who the majority think are the best teams. Those same voters are rarely going to change their minds days/weeks later when you have a 1 seed vs 8, etc.

TorontoTrades wasn't one of the first-timers I was talking about,he logged in pretty much everyday.It's BlueBull I'm worried about now, but we shall see.

Namba 17

May 9, 2011
After a handful of search and replaces, we are back to minimum capacity for the bio thread

Some players you will need to search for on the page that the links take you. However all the links are there and it's stickied.

I'll keep adding to it as I get time but now we're almost ready to ATD
Amazing work! Thank you very much! :thumbu::clap:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
PMs sent, smooth sailing from here.If anyone reading this is still hesitating about signing up, you have until Friday night, then the lottery takes place Saturday morning EST.

Good luck to all.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Since I have the honor to run the lottery for the first time, I have a question: Which method do you guys usually use for this? Any preferences? Things that I should know about and be aware of?

TheDevilMadeMe

Aug 28, 2006
Brooklyn
Since I have the honor to run the lottery for the first time, I have a question: Which method do you guys usually use for this? Any preferences? Things that I should know about and be aware of?

When I created the draft list, I just used random.org's list generator.

Edit: I was too slow :D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad