ATD 2018 Sign Up Thread

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Sorry guys, work is just getting extremely busy the past 12 months. I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the ATD and want to thank every one of you for the work you have put into this. I have learned more about Hockeys History then I could have ever imagined. That being said I will not be able to commit to a team this year, ...
That's too bad.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I'm going to go with an old time hockey team!

Pittsburgh Bankers!

normal.jpg

Reactions: VanIslander

MadArcand

Whaletarded
Dec 19, 2006
Seat of the Empire
@BenchBrawl

I know, I was just thinking out loud given there are some big names who have yet to pop in yet. Folks like MarkRander, MadArchand, etc.
Alas, I don't think I'll have the time to participate this year. Won't have the time to research properly, likely would end up missing the clock all the time and/or just have to live with massive lists. I've enjoyed all the drafts since I first took part, but should be too busy with real life this year to participate.

I'll follow you guys & the draft from work though. :)

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Update: There's still two persons who might sign-up, waiting to hear from them.If at least one of them signs up that would put us at 24 teams which is what we need to have 8 divisions of 3 teams.

Right now I'm thinking of doing the lottery Saturday and starting the clock officially next Monday, January 15th at noon, but we'll see if we can get at least one other team to sign up.

I'm also slightly concerned about some rookies who haven't logged in for a while, but we'll see.I sent them a PM.It would be ideal to have some "back up GM" in case we have an abandoned team from the get go.If anyone is willing to play that role, if only to robotically draft some players without being too involved, that would be very helpful.

Last edited:

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I'll get back in the game this time around. My team will be the Ottawa Senators.

Looking forward to having some fun with the history of the game and with the gang here!

Annnnnnnnd we have a draft!

Very glad to see you sign up overpass.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
This is where we are now with 24 teams:

29GoalHoglund - Brampton Beavers
BenchBrawl - Montreal Canadiens
BlueBull - Vancouver Millionares
Claude the Fraud - Winnipeg Jets
Darth Yoda - Pominville Estacades
Iceman - Stockholm Rockets
ImporterExporter - Pittsburgh Bankers
jarek - Kingsman Secret Agents
Johnny Engine - Guards Athletic Association
kruezer - Seattlle Metropolitans
Leaf Lander - Toronto Maple Leafs
Namba 17 - Portage Lakes Hockey Club
overpass - Ottawa Senators
papershoes - Kenora Thistles
ResilientBeast - Edmonton Oilers
rmartin65 - New York Americans
Sprague Cleghorn - Algerie
Stoneberg/markrander87
TheDevilMadeMe - New Jersey Swamp Devils
tinyzombies - N.D.G. Maroons
TorontoTrades - Port Stanley Sailors
VanIslander - Worcester Railers
Velociraptor - HC Kunlun Red Star
Voight - Amarillo Bulls

Last edited:

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
Probably Saturday afternoon, I will ask Theokritos to do it.Still worried about some rookies not logging in since Dec 30 and Jan 1st.I sent them PMs.

If they aren't on by the start of the draft we should consider just getting them out of the thing all together. No sense in drafting for teams that don't have owners.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
If they aren't on by the start of the draft we should consider just getting them out of the thing all together. No sense in drafting for teams that don't have owners.

I know, but we really need 24 teams for the whole format to work.I guess we could make without, and 2 divisions would get a lucky guaranteed playoff spot by having only two teams.But it's not ideal.

This is why finding 2 other GMs would be ideal.

overpass is a big addition both in terms of quality and in terms of pushing us to 24 teams.But if two rookies are no-shows it pushes us back to 22 teams.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
I know, but we really need 24 teams for the whole format to work.I guess we could make without, and 2 divisions would get a lucky guaranteed playoff spot by having only two teams.But it's not ideal.

This is why finding 2 other GMs would be ideal.

overpass is a big addition both in terms of quality and in terms of pushing us to 24 teams.But if two rookies are no-shows it pushes us back to 22 teams.

True. I guess we could have an outside member draft the empty teams. Somebody reputable who might be following but doesn't want to be incredibly involved...

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
True. I guess we could have an outside member draft the empty teams. Somebody reputable who might be following but doesn't want to be incredibly involved...

Yes, but even that is not guaranteed.It is hard for a vet GM to come in and draft without being involved... you know how it is.We shall see.The obvious solution is to change the format, but after all the discussions and what not it's not a solution anyone can impose by this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad