ATD 2018 Sign Up Thread

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
I will manage The Vancouver Millionares from the 1910s since i can choose any team i guess.

Nice to see you join!

You might have to choose another team, as this one usually belongs to a veteran GM (monster_bertuzzi).He might not participate this year, or he might choose another team, but I wouldn't count on either.Any GM who had the team the year prior obviously has priority.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
tenor.gif

IE stole the GIF I was gonna use......

Did we lose any of the player profiles during the migration?

I wasn't put in the OP... bumping this to confirm

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
After suspending operations for a few seasons, the New Jersey Swamp Devils will return.

I should know by the time the draft starts in January whether I have time to do this on my own, or if I need a co-GM.

Wow, this is an unexpected pleasure (read with Captain Picard's voice).

If you want to co-GM with me, shoot me a PM.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
TDMM's participation makes me a more likely participant, but I'm most likely out this time.

Last year was just a perfect storm of a situation allowing me to be in the ATD and give it the best possible effort. I don't have that same luxury this time.

Don't rule out me changing my mind at the last minute, or joining up with someone after it starts.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

Dreakmur

Mar 25, 2008
Orillia, Ontario
If there's trading, I don't have much interest in building a team, but if TDMM or Seventies want somebody to take the load off them research-wise, I'd be happy to help.

Reactions: BenchBrawl

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
If there's trading, I don't have much interest in building a team, but if TDMM or Seventies want somebody to take the load off them research-wise, I'd be happy to help.
I share the sentiment: This is to be primarily about researching and talking about the players, NOT gaming. Now that we have left the "Fantasy Games" and returned to the History Board where we began, it would be nice to honor that by having a no-trade draft. That said, to allow a newbie to correct a chemistry problem (e.g. draft three RWers too early), having a ONE-TRADE rule would in the spirit of a no-trading draft.

seventieslord

Student Of The Game
Mar 16, 2006
Regina, SK
I share the sentiment: This is to be primarily about researching and talking about the players, NOT gaming. Now that we have left the "Fantasy Games" and returned to the History Board where we began, it would be nice to honor that by having a no-trade draft. That said, to allow a newbie to correct a chemistry problem (e.g. draft three RWers too early), having a ONE-TRADE rule would in the spirit of a no-trading draft.

Yeah, this is no fantasy game, this is real! So let's not have trades, just like in real li....... oh right.

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
South Korea
Counterfactual reasoning and 'what-if' scenarios is part of the academic discipline of History.

The point of the draft used to be about the discussion of the players and history of the game, the playoffs a fun addition to end it all not be all. Too many participants in the ATDs have gotten angry and quit because of their team's ranking/playoffs (e.g., MXD's meltdown). It'd have been better to not have a playoffs than have that happen.

Johnny Engine

Jul 29, 2009
Should probably get my name on this list.

I'd like a Co-GM, but I'm more interested in mentoring a newbie than combining with a vet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad