Prospect Info: At 30th Overall the Predators Select Eeli Tolvanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
Now pick Rasmus Dahlin's pocket and puts it right on Peltola's tape. Peltola with the finish. 2-0 Finland. Tolvanen 1-1--2.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Tolvanen with his 1st men's NT goal against Sweden.
Is this one really a big deal though? I mean what level is this tournament on? I had never heard of it until a week or two ago. Is this the equivalent of Matthews or McDavid showing up at the world juniors?

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
He's goig to be ready next year, he's just fantastic today.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
This is even tougher than the KHL the best players in Europe play here. Like WC but without the NHL'ers. Countries with pretty much their Olympic rosters.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Is this one really a big deal though? I mean what level is this tournament on? I had never heard of it until a week or two ago. Is this the equivalent of Matthews or McDavid showing up at the world juniors?

Pretty much the best players from KHL, NLA, Liiga and SHL are playing here, so it's a bit tougher than KHL. The tournament itself is a bigger deal than usual cause of the Olympics without NHL'ers, so most of the guys playing here will likely be playing in the Olympics too.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Gave one amazing pass splitting the canadian D but Junttila (leading scorer of FEL) couldn't convert

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Hes too good for school, making KHL money and playing at highest available level was right choise

He has been showing what he just showed the whole season.

Last edited:

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Hes too good for school, making KHL money and playing at highest available level was right choise

He has been showing what he just showed the whole season.
I can't imagine a guy this talented in the NCAA. That would have been a man among boys most nights

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
So in that small tourney he scored 2 of the team's 10G. (Miro Heiskanen was the other 2G scorer. Kids did okay in their men's NT debut.) But what impressed me was the poise, again. He looked right at home playing other NTs. I've grown to love his lack of celly, he just smiles and group hugs. :laugh:

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
if this kid joined us after the KHL season, he would already be one of our most talented forwards. i would put forsberg and johansen ahead of him. turris probably too. and that's about it. he is drawing some pretty crazy comparisons around the hockey world. i would like to see him join the team when the KHL season is over personally. probably not the best situation for him to adapt but he has shown he can handle it. and i would say we are all in for this year and the next 2 after this year so it makes sense.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Where does Tolvanen rank as an all time prospect for us? I haven't been this excited about a prospect since Radulov.
well there was legwand, suter, and radulov. all were drafted much earlier in the first round and had a good bit of hype either before during or after the draft selection. i would also say seth jones is way up there. we forget about him because he is no longer with us but he was talked about years in advance. as far as excitement over a draft choice after the selection, tolvanen is way at the top for me. radulov would definitely be a comparison as he had that point streak going at one point. legwand went back to juniors after we picked him and couldn't make it out of camp after being 2nd overall. suter was never flashy. radulov had his issues. tolvanen may be number 1 for me personally especially considering the position our team is in considering past success and hopefully future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad