Prospect Info: At 30th Overall the Predators Select Eeli Tolvanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Looks like a player who won't miss one timers.
As soon as he comes over to play for the Preds he's already wondering where did all the nice setup passes go :huh:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Does he create space for himself when he gets the puck in the offensive end, or does he quickly pass the puck around the boards?
He does create space for himself and makes fast decisions with the puck. If i have to say one thing i don't like it's how he stays way too close to the boards on PP and sometimes too far from the net.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Tolvanen selected to play for Team Finland in Karjala Tournament. Tournament starts next Wednesday and ends next Sunday. Won't miss any games with Jokerit.

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
Tolvanen selected to play for Team Finland in Karjala Tournament. Tournament starts next Wednesday and ends next Sunday. Won't miss any games with Jokerit.
And Marjamäki (Finnish NT coach) said that many of the Team Finland members in this tournament are also in the Olympics, but not all of them.
Tolvanen is a shoo-in.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
When Mikka and Juuse were in my car last night, I asked what they thought of Tolvanen and if they thought he’d be there next year. They say that he actually might, like it’s been talked about or something. They said they watch all of his goals and are excited to have a sniper like that.
I saw your picture of the ride you reference on either Twitter or FB. Nice to see that they're following the prospects, too.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
When Mikka and Juuse were in my car last night, I asked what they thought of Tolvanen and if they thought he’d be there next year. They say that he actually might, like it’s been talked about or something. They said they watch all of his goals and are excited to have a sniper like that.
Wait wut? Do you drive for Uber and just happened to pick them up, or what?

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Saw an article from OTF comparing Tolvanen to other young KHL players who became good NHL players. The just of the article is that he's doing great, and the development in the KHL will be great for him. And wraps up by basically saying it's all good if he stays there until age 22...

I understand if you want to temper expectations, but if Tolvanen is in the KHL at 22, someone is really wrong.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
Saw an article from OTF comparing Tolvanen to other young KHL players who became good NHL players. The just of the article is that he's doing great, and the development in the KHL will be great for him. And wraps up by basically saying it's all good if he stays there until age 22...

I understand if you want to temper expectations, but if Tolvanen is in the KHL at 22, someone is really wrong.

Alright, so how long was Kusnetzov or Tarasenko there before they came overseas?
Surely it wasn’t very long.

EDIT: just read the article never mind.

Last edited:

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo

It was a bad article anyways, saying lots of nothing. Tolvanen isn't going to play a single game in the KHL after this season.

FilthyScoresberg

Memphis 901
Jul 28, 2015
Memphis
It was a bad article anyways, saying lots of nothing. Tolvanen isn't going to play a single game in the KHL after this season.

See that’s what I’ve been thinking too. If the kid is already on track to breaking those records, that should show quite a bit about him. I’d like to see him this year if Jokerit’s season ends sooner rather than later. Even if it’s just for a few games to see.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
He's slowed down
in his last 5 games, he has 2 goals. zero points in any of the 3 last games. jokerit has scored 3 total goals as a team in last 3 games. so i would not really say slowing down as much as jokerit just isn't scoring worth a shit like nashville. and if he is "slowing down" so badly, it just shows how much he is/does carry the load offensively.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
They've played 8 games in 18 days against some of the best teams in the league. Add in the insane travel in the KHL and anyone who is not superhuman is bound to slow down a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad