Prospect Info: At 30th Overall the Predators Select Eeli Tolvanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

ikzu

Oct 22, 2015
He won't have that kind of space in the NHL, that he is constantly having in the KHL. That might cause problems, but we'll see.

fulic1

Jan 25, 2011
Helsinki
He doesn't really constantly have a lot of space for the one timers. Opposing teams have really done a better job at taking it away recently and Jokerit have had to really work for getting the breakdowns that allow his one-timer to shine.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
He doesn't really constantly have a lot of space for the one timers. Opposing teams have really done a better job at taking it away recently and Jokerit have had to really work for getting the breakdowns that allow his one-timer to shine.
i get that but the space won't be there in the NHL. he will have to create chances by himself to use his shot. not saying i am not super pumped about him, but i would like to see more goals from him than the same one where i get deja vu after every goal.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
i get that but the space won't be there in the NHL. he will have to create chances by himself to use his shot. not saying i am not super pumped about him, but i would like to see more goals from him than the same one where i get deja vu after every goal.
Really? Ovechkin has been shooting from there for years, no one has taking that away from him.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Really? Ovechkin has been shooting from there for years, no one has taking that away from him.
he is a master with the puck, a physical specimen and monster, and can score any kind of goal you could think of. there is much more to ovechkin's goal scoring abilities than his wicked shot.

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
he is a master with the puck, a physical specimen and monster, and can score any kind of goal you could think of. there is much more to ovechkin's goal scoring abilities than his wicked shot.
While I agree, the fact is, he still gets that open space in every game. You know why? Because it's hard to take that space away without leaving the high slot exposed. If you drop a guy that far over against Josi/Ellis/Subban they will eat you up..

Lots of guys have made a living scoring from that exact spot. It closes quick, I agree but it will be open.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
that's a good point. and we seen shea score 20+ goals a year like clock work by essentially his shot and in the exact same way every time. im just trying to curb my excitement.

Reactions: triggrman

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
Tolvanen could do the same thing that Josi has been doing on our powerplay the last few years. Drifts down slowly and eventually finds enough open ice for a one timer.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Most players score goals in some primary way.

As someone else mentioned, Weber's blast from the left point.

How many times did some combination of Sully, Walker and Kariya score on that cross-crease pass?

Ovechkin and Stamkos are very similar to what Tolvanen has shown. Though I think Tolvanen is kind of more similar to Brett Hull from that right side. He does more standing around a spot on the powerplay, but at ES he shows a tendency to disappear down low until the play is away and then re-emerge in that open spot out of nowhere.

In time he'll add a few more tricks, but for an 18 year old, what he's doing is incredibly impressive, bordering in unprecedented.

Reactions: Enoch

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
I really do hope that KHL doesn't pull out of the Olympics like it's been rumored. Really wanna see Tolvanen in there.

Reminder that the Euro Hockey Tour starts tomorrow, and Finland will play their first game Thursday against Russia. Tolvanen practicing today on a line with Petri Kontiola and Sakari Manninen. Kontiola's pretty much the best center on the team offensively, so that's good. Don't know much about Manninen except that he plays in the SHL.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I really do hope that KHL doesn't pull out of the Olympics like it's been rumored. Really wanna see Tolvanen in there.

Reminder that the Euro Hockey Tour starts tomorrow, and Finland will play their first game Thursday against Russia. Tolvanen practicing today on a line with Petri Kontiola and Sakari Manninen. Kontiola's pretty much the best center on the team offensively, so that's good. Don't know much about Manninen except that he plays in the SHL.

Any place to watch these games?

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
Any place to watch these games?

I don't think they're on TV in the US, but since Canada is participating this year, TSN have Canada's games on TSN1 and TSN3 if you have those channels. If you do, Finland plays Canada on Sunday so that could work out.

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
I don't think they're on TV in the US, but since Canada is participating this year, TSN have Canada's games on TSN1 and TSN3 if you have those channels. If you do, Finland plays Canada on Sunday so that could work out.

I'll be looking for a shady stream somewhere on line.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad