Prospect Info: At 30th Overall the Predators Select Eeli Tolvanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lateralous

Jun 17, 2003
Abington, PA
Visit site
If Tolvanen goes on to have the kind of NHL career we all hope, I don't think anyone will even remember that he got snubbed for the KHL ROY. Still though, it's kind of embarrassing for the KHL. I get the politics of it but wouldn't you think you would also want to memorialize a performance like that by ET? The award just looks better when you have top end names on it as previous winners.

Snaibberi

Mar 20, 2008
KHL is not stupid per se.. KHL is Russian league and this is just one example how things work todays Russia.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Russian and under 26 seems like requirements considering the screw job tolvanen just received. KHL is a ****ed up league like you would expect in russia. absolutely ****ing joke!

not so different from NHL, they have corruption US has Vegas

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
So,not stupid, just corrupt?
From the KHL perspective, Tolvanen is gone and he's not coming back. Kravtsov is a likely 1st round draft pick next month, perhaps they are hoping to find ways to encourage him to stay around as long as possible in the KHL. Or to use him as an example to other young Russian prospects. Last year Svechnikov, Toropchenko, Khovanov, Zavgorodniy, Okhotyuk, Alexandrov, Sokolov... there were quite a few Russians who were taken in the import draft and jumped straight to the CHL, or Kostin going to the AHL as a teenager. Perhaps they wish to reward Kravstov for not following the example of some other top Russian prospects and signing to stay in Russia for his draft+1 year?

Keduzin

May 5, 2009
Why are people so upset over this ? Matthews was chosen rookie of the year ahead of Laine, that is just as absurd

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
Why are people so upset over this ? Matthews was chosen rookie of the year ahead of Laine, that is just as absurd
Laine: 73 GP 36 goals 28 assists 64 points

Matthews: 80 GP 40 goals 29 assists 69 points

Laine was on a 72 point pace for an 82 game season and Matthews was on pace for 71 points. he hit 40 goals.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
If Tolvanen goes on to have the kind of NHL career we all hope, I don't think anyone will even remember that he got snubbed for the KHL ROY. Still though, it's kind of embarrassing for the KHL. I get the politics of it but wouldn't you think you would also want to memorialize a performance like that by ET? The award just looks better when you have top end names on it as previous winners.

This. KHL is just doing harm to itself with this. Everyone knows who the award should go to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->