Prospect Info: At 30th Overall the Predators Select Eeli Tolvanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

TitansVolsPreds615

Feb 19, 2015
I think Radulov's contract was over, Eeli's is for another year (although year 2 is player's option)
IIRC Radulov had one more year left on his contract. Him coming over to play the end of the season and the playoffs for us technically fulfilled the final year of his contract. It has been like 5 years my memory could be better.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I thought he couldn't come this year as the leagues have no agreement to ship players away. He has the option in the 2nd year that's why he could come here. Also, KHL ends in, depends on how far the team goes, but in late-february to early-april. I'm thinking somewhere March is where Jokerit ends their season.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
That would make sense, since they're both romance languages, IOW derived from Latin (Rome) as opposed to Germanic. English is Germanic in nature but borrows a lot from other languages.

merda (l) = merde (fr) = mierde (sp)
scitte (ger)=our term

You see the relativity.
I just discovered there are towns named Hooge Mierde (tall/big Poop) and Lage Mierde (Crappy Location) in Europe.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I just discovered there are towns named Hooge Mierde (tall/big Poop) and Lage Mierde (Crappy Location) in Europe.
That's funny--people have a weird sense of humor. My mother in law used to live on Dividing Ridge Rd. Guy got mad at someone who lived on there (quite possibly my MIL--she has her enemies) and had enough pull in the city that he changed the name to Seed Tick Rd. Oh, MIL was furious. She stomped down to City Hall and managed to get it changed back. If he'd named it Big Poop Rd there probably wouldn't still be a Goodlettsville.

Reactions: FierceFalcon

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I'm pretty sure somewhere outside Pigeon Forge is Boogertown road.. which implies that there is an actual Boogertown.

There is. My college boyfriend's twin brother lives there. Keith has a band, Boogertown Gap Old Time String Band. Funny, I just saw something on FB about it because it's Craig and Keith's birthday today.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I honestly thought we were talking in another thread... I click the dot and when the post comes up it doesn't compute that it's in the wrong thread... sorry for contributing to the derail... maybe the mods could move the language talk posts to the OT thread??

Last edited:

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
It may have been covered already but I have a question about his eligibility next year.

If Eeli makes the team out of camp and then has problems can he be sent to Milwaukee or does he go back to Europe? Was not sure if the stupid Q age restriction rules for the AHL applied to guys who did not play in the Q.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
It may have been covered already but I have a question about his eligibility next year.

If Eeli makes the team out of camp and then has problems can he be sent to Milwaukee or does he go back to Europe? Was not sure if the stupid Q age restriction rules for the AHL applied to guys who did not play in the Q.
I think he can go to the AHL. He was talking about possibly going there this year before signing in the KHL.

Reactions: AnalogKid

kelsier

Aug 17, 2013
I would honestly be surprised if Eeli didn't make it to NHL next year. He might have been ready this year already. It's kind of hard to find perspective to what he's accomplished up until today. The reality is that without him Jokerit wouldn't be nearly as good as they are. Apart from the last three games he has been a driving force in the team that doesn't really have any superstars. If he can do it there I expect him to be able to do it in NHL also. Eeli's type of players find a way to adapt. We rarely see this kind of jumps between seasons (USHL => KHL), just remarkable to think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad