Prospect Info: At 30th Overall the Predators Select Eeli Tolvanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
It will be great having him on the PP just standing still while our D-men fire shots from 50 feet out.
Sorry but I guess I’m stupid, as I just don’t get this comment. I guess it was some kind of a joke, but I still don’t get it. Could you please elaborate for a simpleton what you really mean with this?

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Sorry but I guess I’m stupid, as I just don’t get this comment. I guess it was some kind of a joke, but I still don’t get it. Could you please elaborate for a simpleton what you really mean with this?

Even though we have talented forwards like Forsberg, Arvidsson, Johnson and Neal last year our PP is mostly getting it to our D-men who shoot.

So it was just a joke about how we're going to waste Tolvanen's talent and skill on the PP while our D-men try to get the puck through 3 guys trying to block their shots.

Ippenator

Jan 6, 2016
Espoo
Even though we have talented forwards like Forsberg, Arvidsson, Johnson and Neal last year our PP is mostly getting it to our D-men who shoot.

So it was just a joke about how we're going to waste Tolvanen's talent and skill on the PP while our D-men try to get the puck through 3 guys trying to block their shots.
Ahh, ok, haha! Thanks for explaining it. I did think of this also, but I somehow had the picture in my mind that your defencemen are pretty skilled playmakers and can setup nicely your talented forwards. I have to admit that I didn’t see too many regular season games from the Preds. But in the playoffs I was watching a lot of their games and in fact rooting for them to win the cup. A real pity that it just didn’t happen yet.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Now #9 in KHL point scoring with 11+8 in 15 games, with 1 to 4 games at hand to others in top 20. Shared #4 in goal scoring. Fascinating to watch, so way above my expectations. I just hoped for a solid season, some progress, not looking out of place. lol

http://en.khl.ru/stat/leaders/468/pts/

Raiko

May 23, 2017
Now #9 in KHL point scoring with 11+8 in 15 games, with 1 to 4 games at hand to others in top 20. Shared #4 in goal scoring. Fascinating to watch, so way above my expectations. I just hoped for a solid season, some progress, not looking out of place. lol

http://en.khl.ru/stat/leaders/468/pts/

Something impressive I noticed. Eeli is the only person in the top 10 who doesn't have a teammate in the top 30. So its not like he is being fed points by being part of a good line/team like if he was on SKA who has 5 of the top 10.

Gnashville

HFBoards Hall of Famer
Jan 7, 2003
Crossville
Do they even attempt to play defense in the KHL? I can't image a player with his shot just being allowed to stand around and wait to snipe the puck like that in the NHL. I know it was a PP but still he was just standing there for 10 plus seconds waiting for someone to pass it to him.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Do they even attempt to play defense in the KHL? I can't image a player with his shot just being allowed to stand around and wait to snipe the puck like that in the NHL. I know it was a PP but still he was just standing there for 10 plus seconds waiting for someone to pass it to him.
I guess you've never heard of Ovechkin. Does the same thing time and time again.

King Weber

Apr 9, 2015
No goals for Eeli today, but extends his point streak to 7 games with an assist. Also had a nice hit late in the game resulting in a turnover that almost lead to a goal.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
20 points in 16 games and he's on 7 game point streak. As an 18-year-old. In the KHL. That is exceptional we really got a huge steal in this kid.

What was the scoring record for 18-year-old's in the KHL?

JustaFinnishGuy

Joonas Donskoi avi but not a SEA fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 3, 2016
Finland
20 points in 16 games and he's on 7 game point streak. As an 18-year-old. In the KHL. That is exceptional we really got a huge steal in this kid.

What was the scoring record for 18-year-old's in the KHL?
http://www.quanthockey.com/khl/player-age/18-year-old-khl-players.html
According to this site, The current record holder is Kuznetsov with 32 points (17+15) in 44 games.
Eeli is at #4 with 5 points to Tarasenkos 18 year point totals. In less than half the games.

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
I am loving this! Only 2 points behind Datsyuk in 3 less games played! (Also while not playing on the stacked SKA team) hopefully he comes over sooner rather than later! Looks like we could use the scoring

Tysonson3

Feb 20, 2017
Also food for thought! The league translation from KHL to NHL is roughly .74 (ie 1 khl point = .74 NHL points when they come over) meaning tolvanen in the NHL would be already at a nearly ppg pace!

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Also food for thought! The league translation from KHL to NHL is roughly .74 (ie 1 khl point = .74 NHL points when they come over) meaning tolvanen in the NHL would be already at a nearly ppg pace!
I know you are excited for ET (and I am too!) But if that conversion rate was consistent for all players Steve Moses would be a top 6 winger in the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad