Assuming it's not your team, who would you like to see win The Cup?

SoupaTroupa

WHY NOT US?
Jan 8, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
I would be thrilled if a team (city) that has never won a cup wins, so St. Louis, Columbus, Nashville, San Jose, Washington or Florida.

I don't want Minnesota to win because that means they will win the first round against Winnipeg. :thumbd: If this weren't the case though, I would be more than happy for them!

Vegas.... meh. They can suffer like the rest of us for at least a few years before they win.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
If not TB then I would want a team that hasnt won it. Nashville probably tops the list.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
I'm not asking for a prediction for who you think will win. But your preference for who you want to win.

Knowing most (soon all) of the playoff teams, pick the one you want to see lift the cup the most, assuming it's not your team. And why?
Toronto or Boston

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Albert Iafrate

Feb 29, 2008
I'll just jump on the bandwagon and go with Nashville.

I respect that franchise so much, probably more than some of the classic old school ones like Edmonton, Calgary, Montreal, NYR, NYI. It's almost like, because they had to start from scratch (hockey team in Tennessee?), they have worked so hard to build something that many of the storied NHL franchises have lost completely. I despise franchises that treat there fans like shit (Edmonton, Ottawa, Montreal, Isles come to mind), because I guess I've been through it with the Leafs. And you can tell the fans in Nashville appreciate it.

More importantly, I think that as much as people hate Bettman and his expansion agenda, Nashville winning the cup would be massive for growing hockey in the midwest/southwest of America. And as much as us Canadians want it to be "our sport", I believe the more people that like hockey, the better the sport will become. Imagine in 10 - 15 years prospects coming from "non hockey markets" all over the US (like Auston Matthews). You would double your prospect pool in the NHL and the quality of players on the ice would be phenomenal. It would truly become the only North American sport.

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado
I always root for the Canadian teams (except Vancouver) to win the Cup if the Avs aren't in it. So, Toronto or Winnipeg. But, I also wouldn't mind seeing San Jose win for Thornton, Washington for OV, or one of the teams that haven't won one before (except Minnesota).

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Beau Knows

Mar 4, 2013
Canada
Vegas winning would make me laugh, seeing them win the Cup in their first season while teams like the Caps still haven't managed that.

Reactions: Jtown

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012
Nashville, St.Louis and whomever the last wildcard teams in each conference ends up being.
There is a small part of me that wouldn't hate seeing a 3-peat out of Crosby and friends, too.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Tampa
Nashville
Capitals
Jets
Avs /STL whichever makes it.

I'll take anything but the 3peat at this point, or LA winning. Just really tired of seeing the same teams win during the last decade. I'll even take NJD winning over them and I'm a Rangers fan...

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If the Leafs can't win it, I'll vote for Winnipeg. It's nice if the Cup visits Canada every once in a while.

TropicalFruitGirl2

A Peachy Hockey Gal!
Feb 23, 2013
Minneapolis-St. Paul, MN
Hmmm...no Lightning or Wild winning the Cup?

Well, in that case, I sure wouldn't mind seeing the New Jersey Devils shock the entire NHL world, coming out of the East and take it all, with Taylor Hall winning the playoff MVP award.

To go from nothing to everything in just one season, well, that would just be a damned good and entertaining story, and I would be happy for their fanbase.

If I am talking Western Conference, I'd go with Nashville.
Simply put, the Predators have been building towards this for quite some time now....meaning a Championship run.
They have all the ingredients, and while NOW many have jumped on their bandwagon (except the Smashville faithful who have always been there), I have known for several seasons that this team was doing everything right to become NHL Champs.

I'd STILL like to see the Devils take it all (maybe even beating Nashville in the Finals!), but if the Preds take it all, I'd say that perhaps, the best team in hockey really DID win it all this year, and I'd be happy for them too................... then root for the Wild to humble them the following year! :naughty:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If it's not Anaheim or Vegas

Tampa (given how they've played they deserve it)
Winnipeg
Boston
Washington

Don't want to see them win in any shape or fashion:

LA
San Jose
Nashville
Pittsburgh (enough already)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino