Assuming it's not your team, who would you like to see win The Cup?

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I'm not asking for a prediction for who you think will win. But your preference for who you want to win.

Knowing most (soon all) of the playoff teams, pick the one you want to see lift the cup the most, assuming it's not your team. And why?

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
As much as I've come to dislike Nashville, I would like to see them win it if the Jets are knocked out. Break the curse of the PT winners and to pass the torch to a new team and not the regulars over the past years. Also Toronto or Washington as well in the east. Because Canada or Ovi

Stephen Gionta

Boston College > Boston University
Jun 15, 2015
East Rutherford, NJ
Devils fan. So Devils.

But if Devils didn't make the playoffs, I like Anaheim and Nashville. Always loved Getzlaf and now they have Henrique too. and for Nashville, love the city. went to game 4 vs Penguins last year. best game

Reactions: Cygnusx1018

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Nashville. The team should be rewarded for consistent and competent management of the team. It seems like they just churn out elite d-men every few years, and a new one steps up to replace them every time one leaves.

Yep. Also would like to see P.K. lift a Cup and really stick it to the Habs organization. Preds are just a well run organization in general, great fan base too. They're my team out west for sure.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
I think Minnesota would be my choice or St. Louis if they make it.
Reason being they've been around a long time and haven't cashed in yet, lost their team and i like a lot of their players.
St. Louis because they're a team i've enjoyed watching for many many years, love Pietrangelo and Parayko on that back end and their fans deserve the satisfaction.

Maybe it's just fond memories of the defunct Smythe division. It was a war every time teams in that division hooked up.

Note Worthy

History Made
Oct 26, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Correct me if I’m wrong but St. Louis has been eliminated.

Nope, it will come down to tomorrow night in Colorado to determine who gets in. There are a number of factors on how it would work out depending on if we win tonight in Chicago or not but the short story is if we win in Colorado tomorrow then we are in.

fsanford

Jul 4, 2009
Correct me if I’m wrong but St. Louis has been eliminated.
No they have not..

Boston would be okay for me. Philly, Washington, Leafs
Do not want to see Nashville, Tampa, Columbus, Vegas, they need more suffering time :) Then again if they won, I probably still would be okay with it, well not Vegas

Okay with Jets, since those fans lost their team and suffered the worst fate as a result for many years

Seems I am conflicted on this subject

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
My favorite team is habs. 2nd favorite is Pittsburgh. And I also love PK

So Pittsburg or Nashville

If I can't pick those - Washington. Only if Ovechkin has a stellar smythe run.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Vegas and Nashville are the big 2 teams I want to see win. Especially Vegas, that would be really awesome to see.

The teams I want to see the cup win the least are Washington and Boston. Philly is up there, too.

Nov 24, 2006
If it's not my Jets, I would like to see Nashville win it. They've been good for so long, have a good goalie, and they just seem so well managed. Good fans, good game atmosphere as well.

Maybe an honourable mention to the Caps for most of the same reasons. Plus Ovi's an old man now, if it's going to happen, it needs to be soon.

Reactions: CanadiensChick

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad