Confirmed with Link: Artemi Panarin, Tyler Motte, 6th (17) to Columbus for Saad, Forsberg, 5th (18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
While I am here, I will come out and say I was wrong. I didn't think Panarin would fit on the roster, that it would be like the Marian Gaborik experiment. And although it looked like that was the case early on, and maybe it still is with the majority of the roster, but since PBJ has formed he looks like a game changer and someone we should keep around if possible. This isn't the Gaborik experiment. This is what it was supposed to be.

This team has alot of issues. More than I thought before the season started. But Panarin isn't one of them. He's a keeper.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Agree 100%. Panarin isn't the bad fit. It is our other offensively challenged F's like Foligno, Jenner, Dubinsky to name a few. Not that they haven't scored goals in the past, it is just that they don't have the talent to skate, pass and create like Panarin. Not even close.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I wasn't really around the boards when this went down. Man, some good stuff in the beginning of this thread.

Panarin is a world class player. No way we were ever going to lose this deal, even if he does walk after next year. What a treat it is to watch him play.

He really is one of those players who can make a game enjoyable to watch regardless of the outcome of the game or how others play.

Stan Bowman needs to be on Jarmo's Christmas gift list every year.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Looking back I was dead wrong on this one

But the Jones/Diaper Rash boy trade I loved from the day it happened.
No one called for the dead weight to be traded more than me

so I'm 50/50 on blockbuster trades

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
I had fun reading through the first 10 pages of this trade again...
The lines that made me laugh the most-
"Saad is around a 70 point forward in the NHL" Well, Saad has 31 points this year in the NHL. I highly doubt he's touching 70 points this year.
"Seth Jones is statistically one of the worst D-men on the Jackets." LOL.
haha this made me go back and read too. Lots of doom an gloom and of course the usual suspects :laugh:. I forgot how many people didnt like this at the time

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Gee and I thought I might never have the chance to use this again, and yet just a day later, here we are!

mr-i-told-you-so-title.png

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
A lateral move? Saad never broke 60 pts..

Nobody said he sucked.

Just like I've been claiming since Jarmo said we were looking for skill, we went and got am elite scorer, not a center that everyone was so convinced we needed.

If torts trys to stop his perimeter play than we just wasted a trade.

Wennberg, Panarin and Werenski are going to absolutely DOMINATE on the 1st PP.

Jarmo got Saad for Johansen, but Panarin screams Wennberg linemate. Panarin can shoot from anywhere and blast it by players, Wennberg has the ability to get pucks to his linemates extremely well...

Thanks for your time here Brandon, but welcome to Columbus Artemi!

Boy was i wrong about the PP

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Me as well.

Couldn't imagine Panarin and the second worst PP in the league. Especially since the only one worse has McDavid.

I guess this proves that one player doth not a power play make.
It's been looking a lot better lately, hopefully they've figured it out just in time for the playoffs.

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
I made it through like 8 pages looking for my original opinion because I know I liked it but it would be fun to see what I posted and after reading the apocalypse that was the apparent downfall of our team because Panarin was soft and carried by Kane I realized I probably opted out of discussing much haha.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I went back to review, because this is one of the few times I had no idea what I said. I was generally positive about the move, seems right. What might be one of the side benefits of this deal is how bad Chicago is right now. Oh the little things.

He's starting to turn the corner into what I consider a difference maker. He's starting to score big goals at big times.

Reactions: Jackets Fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad