Confirmed with Link: Artemi Panarin, Tyler Motte, 6th (17) to Columbus for Saad, Forsberg, 5th (18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I meant moreso to the people of Columbus haha

I don't live in Columbus, I'm a fan of the Blue Jackets, and I follow Panarin on Instagram. So what does that make me?

mjxj70h.jpg

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
He wasn't gonna do it here so good him. Panarin is about to put on a show like Columbus hasn't seen in a long time, if ever.

Reactions: akmuo33

CalBuckeyeRob

Feb 25, 2012
Panarin looked like a guy that relished the role of being "the guy" on the top line. That one power play shift where he was on the ice for the entire 2 minutes then stayed on for about 35 seconds more and continued to skate hard on defense showed me that he brings the perfect attitude to the team.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Panarin' great offensive performance was exactly what we were wanting to see. My gosh, he's dangerous anytime he has the puck. But I was not expecting his defensive work which saw him using his speed, working hard on his back-checking.

Reactions: Jackets16

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
I thought it might have been slightly exaggerated of Panarin's ability on the offensive side of the puck to make you hold your breath whenever he has the puck.. But, after seeing him play 3 times in person- It's not.

Saad will most likely score some points/get goals being back in Chicago.. But, I think Panarin will be a nice addition for us as well.

Honestly, I think this will be a good hockey trade for both teams.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Seems to be working out for both teams

Saad is thriving back in Chicago (Forsberg looks solid as well) and Panarin appears to be well on his way to establishing himself as one of the faces of your franchise

mikeyp24

Jun 28, 2014
Panarins up to what 8 points in 5 games now? He is by far the best offensive guy on the team.

That being said I'm loving seeing Saad succeed. One of my favorite players before he came here and still like him. Our trade for him wad win win and or trade of him was win win. Love doing business with Chicago recently because both teams get exactly what they need and there isn't a reason for one team to ask for to much so they can win the trade just good old win win hockey trades.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
Agreed ^

I’m a bit disappointed though. I thought the Hawks won the trade at the time (because I knew what Saad would do back in Chi /w Toews, and bc he is locked up longer) but I thought it could balance out depending on how Motte did. I fully expected him to play in the bottom 6 this year right out of camp, he looked good in Chicago idk there’s still time but I really thought he could be a good depth guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad