Confirmed with Link: Artemi Panarin, Tyler Motte, 6th (17) to Columbus for Saad, Forsberg, 5th (18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
I went back to review, because this is one of the few times I had no idea what I said. I was generally positive about the move, seems right. What might be one of the side benefits of this deal is how bad Chicago is right now. Oh the little things.

He's starting to turn the corner into what I consider a difference maker. He's starting to score big goals at big times.
Yep. A lot of people were saying we lacked a“game changer” in the Pens series. Well we got one now. I’d even say he’s better than Nash was in his prime here, and I was a massive fan of #61

Reactions: Sore Loser

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I was skeptical when this happened. I hadn't seen him play much or the Hawks for that matter when he was there. I didn't think he could be as good as he's been for us, thinking he would be a perimeter player not going to hard areas of the ice. Oh, how nice to have him now.

Reactions: Jackets Fan

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
If he leaves for free agency, do you think we lose the trade?

I am not as scared of that happening now.

1. I'm not too greatly interested in worrying about next year/summer already in terms of how we are going to judge this trade. But, as of now Panarin has probably put up another 70 point year in the NHL, Saad has 31 points this year... That is a HUGE difference in winning/losing games, considering how many plays that Panarin has made himself. He's a huge reason why we are fighting for a playoff spot again.

2. I'm actually not too worried about Panarin leaving us next season. I haven't seen anything to suggest he wants to leave. He seems to fit in nicely here and is good friends with Bob. Even if Bob leaves, we should be bringing in Vladislav Gavrikov. We'll have the money to spend, he'll be a priority for us to bring back, and he'll still be about 27 years old. Shoot, even Rob Mixer has stated "just give him a blank check"

Anyways- I'd do the trade without a damn hesitation again if it meant at least 2 years of Panarin with the probability that we could sign him after that.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
Come on people.

Of course, who’d have thought bumping a thread to check out how people’s Old opinions checked out could go bad?
Some of us like to feel superior intellectual and say “I told ya so” ;):nod:

Nah all bs aside :laugh:
I didn’t post here originally after the trade but I’ll admit I was pretty ‘meh’ about it.
I was of the opinion of the folks who said it would be a lateral trade, and that Panarin wasn’t much of an upgrade over Saad.
I mean I was optimistic, but cautiously ( we all know to take things with a grain of salt considering our luck )
But damn, Artemi has indescribably impressed me. I thought maybe 60-65 points for Bread, and he didn’t amaze me too much the first few games. But goddamn he’s a beast.
I was understandably reluctant ( I’m sure y’all fella fans know where I’m coming from) to give him his due. But after 20 or so games when I saw what the dude was really about, Panarin became a favorite of mine almost instantly.

The dude is something else. You know when he goes after the puck he’s gonna force a turnover, and going through mid ice into the offensive zone he’s like a magician the way he controls the puck.
I’d like to see him shoot a tad more, but his playmaking is something to behold. His decision making to either pass or shoot is so deceptive because he can do both so well.

Simply put: Although I felt positive about the trade, thinking he’d be a slight improvement over Saad and do “a few things better” he’s impressed the hell out of me. I never thought it’d be a landslide like this. Bread man does it all.

He’s quickly become one of my fav Jackets of all time. Nasher still holds that, but Artemi is imo the most skilled player we’ve had and the biggest game breaker. He could be the difference in us vs Pens, the way he can take over a game.
He’s that game breaker we’ve been wanting for so long.
****ing love Artemi ( in a bro way of course ;):laugh: )

I was unsure what to think originally, but we won this trade by miles. Artemi is the dude

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
This post will be mostly off topic, but I'm bored and in a fun mood... Plus, I won't mention Ryan Murray in this thread- I'm sure he's been mentioned enough in every other thread :laugh:

I feel slightly bad for my girlfriend and a future dog if I eventually get one- I originally told my girlfriend in February of 2017 that I wanted to get a dog named Sergei. My girlfriend and her family thought it was slightly ridiculous, but funny.
But, now I really want to name a future dog of mine- Artemi. He's simply incredible in his all around game. I've never seen anything like it from a player on the Jackets. And, I thought when we made this trade- "His dancing with the puck" might drive me nuts at times... Nope, he can dance with it all he wants if he's this good at it. A backup option for a dog's name that would be Sonny... I mean, Sonny seems like a good dog's name and he's playing pretty well here lately.

But, come 2019... I have a feeling that I'll really want to name a future dog of mine "Vladislav"... I'm not nearly as big of a fan as Vladislav as "mikeyp24" on here, so if he wants to name anybody after Vladislav, he gets the 1st credit of doing so... But, I have a slight endearment to Russian names in general.

Honestly, one of my favorite things about hockey- It's a global game with players in the NHL coming from pretty much everywhere in this world which creates all kinds of intriguing names.

Jackets Fan

Mar 28, 2014
Central Ohio
This post will be mostly off topic, but I'm bored and in a fun mood... Plus, I won't mention Ryan Murray in this thread- I'm sure he's been mentioned enough in every other thread :laugh:

I feel slightly bad for my girlfriend and a future dog if I eventually get one- I originally told my girlfriend in February of 2017 that I wanted to get a dog named Sergei. My girlfriend and her family thought it was slightly ridiculous, but funny.
But, now I really want to name a future dog of mine- Artemi. He's simply incredible in his all around game. I've never seen anything like it from a player on the Jackets. And, I thought when we made this trade- "His dancing with the puck" might drive me nuts at times... Nope, he can dance with it all he wants if he's this good at it. A backup option for a dog's name that would be Sonny... I mean, Sonny seems like a good dog's name and he's playing pretty well here lately.

But, come 2019... I have a feeling that I'll really want to name a future dog of mine "Vladislav"... I'm not nearly as big of a fan as Vladislav as "mikeyp24" on here, so if he wants to name anybody after Vladislav, he gets the 1st credit of doing so... But, I have a slight endearment to Russian names in general.

Honestly, one of my favorite things about hockey- It's a global game with players in the NHL coming from pretty much everywhere in this world which creates all kinds of intriguing names.

Get two dogs and name one Sergei and the other Artemi! You’d be the GOAT
And if you got a 3rd and named it Sonny then I’m just done...you’d be my idol! :laugh:

Reactions: hardkorejackets

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Get two dogs and name one Sergei and the other Artemi! You’d be the GOAT
And if you got a 3rd and named it Sonny then I’m just done...you’d be my idol! :laugh:

Or you could go with Bread and Bob. And for the 3rd how about Lano?...as in Nice Dog - yep that's my Lano. Oy. :laugh:

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Why are we so obsessed with Abramov when we have an NHL ready sniper who could potentially break out in Bjorkstrand.

We have 4 potential 30G scorers on this roster, 5 if you include Nick.

Cam, Bjork, Jenner, Panarin and Nick.

Because a guy we had.. Wild Bill may get 40.. three of the guys you listed had off years.. Bjork, Jenns and Nick.. so looking back at my summer statement I'm excited as hell to have a potential Russian line of Bread Illya and Vitali.. with our D this team will be drawing fans from around the world. Panarin has proven to be one of the best young players in the game. My Western team the Blackhawks miss him greatly. Jarmo.. this trade may go down as a foundation changing move.

ReggieRed

Good job. Good work. Good goal next!
Jan 6, 2015
Milford Center, OH
Some of us like to feel superior intellectual and say “I told ya so” ;):nod:

Nah all bs aside :laugh:
I didn’t post here originally after the trade but I’ll admit I was pretty ‘meh’ about it.
I was of the opinion of the folks who said it would be a lateral trade, and that Panarin wasn’t much of an upgrade over Saad.
I mean I was optimistic, but cautiously ( we all know to take things with a grain of salt considering our luck )
But damn, Artemi has indescribably impressed me. I thought maybe 60-65 points for Bread, and he didn’t amaze me too much the first few games. But goddamn he’s a beast.
I was understandably reluctant ( I’m sure y’all fella fans know where I’m coming from) to give him his due. But after 20 or so games when I saw what the dude was really about, Panarin became a favorite of mine almost instantly.

The dude is something else. You know when he goes after the puck he’s gonna force a turnover, and going through mid ice into the offensive zone he’s like a magician the way he controls the puck.
I’d like to see him shoot a tad more, but his playmaking is something to behold. His decision making to either pass or shoot is so deceptive because he can do both so well.

Simply put: Although I felt positive about the trade, thinking he’d be a slight improvement over Saad and do “a few things better” he’s impressed the hell out of me. I never thought it’d be a landslide like this. Bread man does it all.

He’s quickly become one of my fav Jackets of all time. Nasher still holds that, but Artemi is imo the most skilled player we’ve had and the biggest game breaker. He could be the difference in us vs Pens, the way he can take over a game.
He’s that game breaker we’ve been wanting for so long.
****ing love Artemi ( in a bro way of course ;):laugh: )

I was unsure what to think originally, but we won this trade by miles. Artemi is the dude

Agree with all of this. But something else that has really impressed me is what appears to be his utter joy he has in playing the game and the fun he seems to be having out on the ice. You can tell (at least as much as one who is not in the locker room can) that the other players really respond to Bread. The latest example was after his nifty pass to Cam for the first goal vs Florida...both Cam and Nick pointed immediately to him with huge smiles on their faces and couldn't wait to get him into their post-goal celly.

He's becoming one of my favorite all-time Jackets as well and not just because of his skill but because of the total package he brings.

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
Agree with all of this. But something else that has really impressed me is what appears to be his utter joy he has in playing the game and the fun he seems to be having out on the ice. You can tell (at least as much as one who is not in the locker room can) that the other players really respond to Bread. The latest example was after his nifty pass to Cam for the first goal vs Florida...both Cam and Nick pointed immediately to him with huge smiles on their faces and couldn't wait to get him into their post-goal celly.

He's becoming one of my favorite all-time Jackets as well and not just because of his skill but because of the total package he brings.
No doubt about having a blast playing for Panarin. That reminds me of Dubois. The kid can't wipe the smile off of his face during an interview or if he gets voted a star of the game. It is great to see the fun guys are having playing, it just shows hockey is universally a great sport.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
If anyone wants to see a crazy clip of Panarin the CBJ just put up a video I think bread put on his Instagram of him stick handling a ball playing keep away with his dog. It's weirdly impressive.

He’s literally a god-send to this team. So happy he’s our’s

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
He enters the last year of his deal on July 1 and i would not be surprised at all if it comes out that the Jackets offer him the extension on Day 1. 8 years, 72 million is my guess
If you're not right on the number I think you're very very close.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
He enters the last year of his deal on July 1 and i would not be surprised at all if it comes out that the Jackets offer him the extension on Day 1. 8 years, 72 million is my guess

I think Bread will fetch around 9.5 mil and wouldn’t be surprised AT ALL if he fetches 10 mil. I’m guessing 7 years, 66 mil.

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio

Everytime I yell that CBJ needs to stop scrambling and stop chasing the puck, I will absolutely think of this video and Bread's dog.
Hilarious on one hand, and yet would appear to be a great drill for stick handling. And Torts loves dogs - can't wait until next year's preseason camp (and/or the summer workout agenda assigned to some players) to see if this has legs.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Should we ask about the mannequin?

As for contract, get him signed July 1. I was thinking (hoping) 8x8
It’s for mixed martial arts workouts. I’ve read where Panerin is a huge MMA fan and includes that training in his workouts.

Reactions: Daisy Ridley
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad