Confirmed with Link: Artemi Panarin, Tyler Motte, 6th (17) to Columbus for Saad, Forsberg, 5th (18)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
"He's the kind of player who can bring fans out of their seats" - Rimer

Rimer has his shortcomings as an announcer, but this is accurate.This will be a test for him to create and bury chances with no Patrick Kane on the ice, but I'm confident he'll thrive on a line with Wennberg.

Watching those highlight videos, it's pretty apparent he can score from anywhere on the ice. Just give the "Bread Man" the dough, and he'll put it in the oven to bake.

42-33-75 is my point prediction for him

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
One thing is gonna be harder for Panarin with Wennberg than with Patrick for sure, it's wrap his hands around Alex head after every goal. :)

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
My prediction on Panarin , 37g 40A 77 points. He will see a lot more power play time in Cbus. My only worry is that Kane was amazing at the cross feed pass, not sure Wennberg is. Teams figured out that Wennberg wouldn't shoot, and sagged off him on the powerplay, which eliminated a lot of our puck movement from side to side, became very perimeter oriented as the pp was figured out. I still think we get Duchene, and he will pair much better with Panarin, then Wennberg.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
My prediction on Panarin , 37g 40A 77 points. He will see a lot more power play time in Cbus. My only worry is that Kane was amazing at the cross feed pass, not sure Wennberg is. Teams figured out that Wennberg wouldn't shoot, and sagged off him on the powerplay, which eliminated a lot of our puck movement from side to side, became very perimeter oriented as the pp was figured out. I still think we get Duchene, and he will pair much better with Panarin, then Wennberg.

I hope we get Duchene, but I doubt he'll be with Panarin if he comes here. Wennberg is the better passer. Duchene isn't anything special on the PP. He's a 5 on 5 beast who drives the play forward, not so much a great distributor.

Still with Wennberg replacing Kane, you can anticipate Panarin's assist totals dropping, no? Maybe Anderson or some other RW comes on and really catches on fire, but failing that I don't see as many assists. Goals should be a bit lower too. Really, Panarin is a great talent but he also had absurd offensive zone deployment last year, I doubt Torts wants to do that again. Closer to 60 points than 70 or 80 is my bet.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I hope we get Duchene, but I doubt he'll be with Panarin if he comes here. Wennberg is the better passer. Duchene isn't anything special on the PP. He's a 5 on 5 beast who drives the play forward, not so much a great distributor.

Still with Wennberg replacing Kane, you can anticipate Panarin's assist totals dropping, no? Maybe Anderson or some other RW comes on and really catches on fire, but failing that I don't see as many assists. Goals should be a bit lower too. Really, Panarin is a great talent but he also had absurd offensive zone deployment last year, I doubt Torts wants to do that again. Closer to 60 points than 70 or 80 is my bet.

Hard to say, I see Duchene as a similar player to Kane, someone that can snipe so the defense has to come up, and he will blow by them to make the cross pass for the one timer. While Wennberg is a good passer, hes actually pretty poor at leading the breakout, and I don't know if teams respect Wennberg to actually shoot the puck. Atleast on the powerplay , it became glaring that teams could easily take away our cross pass, because they would sag on Wennberg and play the passing lanes. In any matter, theres no debate until we make the trade :D

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus

Or put the three of them together on a line :sarcasm: :naughty:

Panarin-Wennberg-Duchene
Foligno-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Jenner-PLD-Bjorkstrand
CAlvert-Sedlak-Anderson

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Hard to say, I see Duchene as a similar player to Kane, someone that can snipe so the defense has to come up, and he will blow by them to make the cross pass for the one timer. While Wennberg is a good passer, hes actually pretty poor at leading the breakout, and I don't know if teams respect Wennberg to actually shoot the puck. Atleast on the powerplay , it became glaring that teams could easily take away our cross pass, because they would sag on Wennberg and play the passing lanes. In any matter, theres no debate until we make the trade :D

Naw, Wennberg is a lot more like Kane than Duchene is. Wennberg is quick and agile, carries the puck well, passes extremely well including cross ice passes. He doesn't shoot enough, you already knew that.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
The only reason to trade for Duchene is if you believe he will be our first line center. If you don't, and I don't, you don't trade for him and his contract.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

To play the role of devil's advocate, Wennberg was neck to neck with Kane for a good chunk of the season and even led the league for awhile in assists. He could easily have hit 50 assists had he not slumped the last quarter.
I'm thinking more goals than assists as he won't have Kane to assist his assist total. :) Thinking more like 35g and 33a.
Eh the jackets still have a lot of goal scorers, while he won't have Kane, he'll have one of Bjorkstrand or Atkinson most likely on his wing.

Or put the three of them together on a line :sarcasm: :naughty:

Panarin-Wennberg-Duchene
Foligno-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Jenner-PLD-Bjorkstrand
CAlvert-Sedlak-Anderson
I suggested that and was blasted for making a move for Duchene and putting him on the wing, which all the analysts said he was best on the wing.

The only reason to trade for Duchene is if you believe he will be our first line center. If you don't, and I don't, you don't trade for him and his contract.

I think trading for Duchene would give us two 1Bs with Wennberg still having a season or two to really take the next step where as Duchene MIGHT be able to elevate his play back to 70pts, but it's just as likely he's a 60-65pt guy.

Ideally we wouldn't have to give up PLD and he could still be in the system that could force Duchene to the wing within a few seasons.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I suggested that and was blasted for making a move for Duchene and putting him on the wing, which all the analysts said he was best on the wing.

He might be better at wing (I don't think it's as clear as those two analysts (not all) have said), but he'd make a huge upgrade for the Jackets at center. It doesn't make sense for the Jackets to pay so much for a winger, it's just not a big position of need for the team.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Some quotes.

So why do you think you were traded?

-Saad is a good player. He has a contract for four years. With him, "Chicago" won the Stanley Cup. And I would still play for them with my not sure how show off style. The only trouble this caused is a surprise. Now I have calmed down, and actually i was worried probably only for a couple of days. And now I understand that it will be even better for me. I hope in "Columbus" i'm gonna take more on myself."

- The North American press writes that the leaders of the "Chicago" Kane and Toews influenced the trade - they wanted Saad to return.

"There are a lot of rumors now." I do not care who and what was saying. It is possible that it was so. But if I won two Stanley Cups with Chicago for two years, then I would not be traded. And I'm the one who lost twice in the first round. And why i should to take offense at?

- Sergei Bobrovsky was delighted with your arrival. He even devoted a post to this in social media.
- Well, when I'll start to score on him on training, maybe then he'll be upset.

So are you sure with your chosen number 9?
- Yes. I hope it will be good. But the cannon, which shoots after every goal in Columbus, you just need to prepare for that. Recently went to shooting with the guys, next time we'll go, I'll ask to shot over my ear. To make it common. I think I'll get used to it quickly. Every time we went on the road with "Columbus" and they score, and that cannon fires, everything inside you tightens.

- Can you imagine what kind of hockey is Columbus playing in?

- Approximately - yes. I played in similar way under Nazarov. With him, we also did not think twice, acted strictly. Let's see what the new coach will tell me. I hope that I will be able to play my hockey in order not to lose my best qualities. Because if I do not shoot pucks, and try to beat everyone with my sheep weight, then it will just be more painful for me, and I will not do any good. Therefore, you need to play with the puck more. Once again, do not waste energy on some kind of fighting or hitting. But this is my opinion, and so - as the coach will say, I will play.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Many players of "Columbus" already saying that they want to play with you in the same line. So for those players and this team, you are no longer just a good partner for Kane, but the one who must steal some games.

- This is just one of the positive moments. Therefore, trade for me is a springboard, not a hole. Anything can happen of course, time will tell. But the main thing for me now is to prepare mentally not for the fact that you need to prove something or tear your butt, but just enjoy the game. No need to chase the bar, which I set in the previous two seasons. Yes, if there are not many points, they will start saying that this was just because I played with Kane.
Do not pay attention to this now. Of course, it often happens that everything is good on paper, but in fact you start lose you cool. But now I understand that i’m calm and know what I need to work on. When you enjoy your game, then you play beautiful hockey. In general, you need to bring more joy to people who watch the game, as Pasha Datsyuk did.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Many players of "Columbus" already saying that they want to play with you in the same line. So for those players and this team, you are no longer just a good partner for Kane, but the one who must steal some games.

- This is just one of the positive moments. Therefore, trade for me is a springboard, not a hole. Anything can happen of course, time will tell. But the main thing for me now is to prepare mentally not for the fact that you need to prove something or tear your butt, but just enjoy the game. No need to chase the bar, which I set in the previous two seasons. Yes, if there are not many points, they will start saying that this was just because I played with Kane.
Do not pay attention to this now. Of course, it often happens that everything is good on paper, but in fact you start lose you cool. But now I understand that i’m calm and know what I need to work on. When you enjoy your game, then you play beautiful hockey. In general, you need to bring more joy to people who watch the game, as Pasha Datsyuk did.
Hopefully we have the swedish datsyuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad