So Garrioch you figure?

Here`s the Ottawa chapter of the PHWA

Bruce Garrioch, Ottawa Sun, 1992 @SunGarrioch
Marc Brassard, Le Droit, 1992 @mbrassard
Don Brennan, Ottawa Sun, 1992 @SunDoniB
Wayne Scanlan, Ottawa Citizen, 1992 @HockeyScanner
Ken Warren, Ottawa Citizen, 1992 @Citizenkwarren
Sylvain St. Laurent, Le Droit, 2001 @Syl_St_Laurent

Not sure who has voting rights for the Norris, I beleive you have to travel in order to get a vote, so no home game only writters.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
...And FOUR power plays awarded to the Predators to the Penguins 0 that they couldn't capitalize on. At one point it being a 5 on 3.

Powerplays have less than a 20% chance of scoring, and often have a chance to give the killing team momentum.

Taking away a legit goal does one hell of a lot more than giving a team a powerplay that is deserved.

Now I get it, it's your team and you want bragging rights, and most neutral folks don't want to appear like they're a part of the tinfoil hat brigade. But we all know there are way different standards for different teams, and in different arenas. To say otherwise at this point is willful ignorance.

imouttahereEdWinger

Jan 22, 2014
Last edited by a moderator:

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
https://champsorchumps.us/team/nhl/pittsburgh-penguins

They missed the playoffs all of 3 seasons after an 11 year run before drafting Crosby. You're just repeating what you heard over and over again because your confirmation bias likes the wrong information everyone else likes to repeat because it makes them feel better.

A decade is overkill for sure, but those three years before Crosby they had 69, 65, and 58 points so they definitely sucked hard for a few years before Crosby came along.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
https://champsorchumps.us/team/nhl/pittsburgh-penguins

They missed the playoffs all of 3 seasons after an 11 year run before drafting Crosby. You're just repeating what you heard over and over again because your confirmation bias likes the wrong information everyone else likes to repeat because it makes them feel better.

The Pens finished at the bottom of the league 3 years before 2005, a year in which they would have also sucked if it weren't for the lock-out, and then sucked again in 2006. That's 5 straight years of top 5 picks - only the Oilers can match that.

My point stands - the Pens are only good now because they sucked for a long time and got lucky getting two generational talents in two years.

Loser franchise.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Star power.

PK is marketable.

Which would be fine if he had actually been the best player or close to it on his team. Crosby got plenty of votes because of star power, but you can still make a case that he actually was the MVP. PK wasn't even the 2nd or 3rd best player for Nashville. That voter was biased AF.

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Which would be fine if he had actually been the best player or close to it on his team. Crosby got plenty of votes because of star power, but you can still make a case that he actually was the MVP. PK wasn't even the 2nd or 3rd best player for Nashville. That voter was biased AF.

I mean, yeah, they probably were biased.

But whether he's the best player on his team or not - and I do think Rinne was the best player on the Preds - PK has a big personality and draws attention, for good or for ill.

Personally, I'd have given the Smythe nod to Malkin, since he led them in points. Maybe one of the Pens goalies... if I could split the award between MAF and Murray, then that would be the right way to go probably.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
EDIT:
btw) I don't know why the refs can't have a hand signal when one loses sight to see if the other sees the puck before one of them blows the play dead. It's pretty obvious that if both lose sight then the play should be blown dead but last night one ref could see the puck and the other not. All it took is a glance at the 2nd ref and a simple hand signal and the ref in the bad position would not have blown the play dead.

Not being funny, most ref's probably do... It's most probably a subtle gesture you wouldn't even notice as a fan. How else do you think the stripes communicate across ice to each other?

Countdown0

Deep Breath... nope, still mad!
Jun 28, 2010
Ottawa
Not being funny, most ref's probably do... It's most probably a subtle gesture you wouldn't even notice as a fan. How else do you think the stripes communicate across ice to each other?

I really don't think they do that.

Pretty sure the ref by the goal just blows it dead when he's good and ready to, which isn't a very consistent measure.

Refs definitely communicate with gestures, but they aren't subtle. Couldn't be, since the refs are often quite far apart. Have to be big, obvious gestures.

Beville

#ForTheBoys
Mar 4, 2011
Engerlanddd!
I really don't think they do that.

Pretty sure the ref by the goal just blows it dead when he's good and ready to, which isn't a very consistent measure.

Refs definitely communicate with gestures, but they aren't subtle. Couldn't be, since the refs are often quite far apart. Have to be big, obvious gestures.

As a ref that's worked on all sorts of Pads,

I can confirm we do indeed use subtle gestures...

The amount of stuff we do that you'd never notice is unreal.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Rangers are buying out Dan Girardi.

BUYOUT CAP HIT PENALTY
2017-18 - $2,611,111
2018-19 - $3,611,111
2019-20 - $3,611,111
2020-21 - $1,111,111
2021-22 - $1,111,111
2022-23 - $1,111,111

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
So in the last 10 years, Pittsburgh won it 3 times, Chicago 3 times and LA twice.

Getting pretty boring

Meh, there's a always a certain point in the playoffs where I'm like, if we're not going to win it, may as well be one of the teams that always wins it

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Rangers are buying out Dan Girardi.

BUYOUT CAP HIT PENALTY
2017-18 - $2,611,111
2018-19 - $3,611,111
2019-20 - $3,611,111
2020-21 - $1,111,111
2021-22 - $1,111,111
2022-23 - $1,111,111

Damn.....Girardi isn't the player he used to be, but that is one hell of a hit, and they need to get another blueliner in his place.

Rysto

Oct 3, 2009
The badlands
Damn.....Girardi isn't the player he used to be, but that is one hell of a hit, and they need to get another blueliner in his place.

He had a NMC so he would have taken up a protection slot. Either way they'd likely have to sign a blueliner, but this way they at least keep their best 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad