Around the NHL XXXIII - looking forward to 2018 offseason edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I totally get the Leafs hate... I don't get the Penguins hate... Is it that we lost to them last year... I like watching them .. lots of good players.. play fast..play hard

Reactions: Do Make Say Think

Deku

I'm off the planet
Nov 5, 2011
Ottawa
I totally get the Leafs hate... I don't get the Penguins hate... Is it that we lost to them last year... I like watching them .. lots of good players.. play fast..play hard

I mean we've lost to them 4 times since 2007
I am also a fan of Columbus who can't beat them

I find they play quite dirty and get away with it

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Some people hate Crosby. Some feel Bettman rigged the lottery so the Pens would get him.

I think some people are also sick of Pittsburgh at this point.

Personally, I dislike them, but not sure if it’s hate. The only team in pro sports I truly hate is the blue and white.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Some people hate Crosby. Some feel Bettman rigged the lottery so the Pens would get him.

I think some people are also sick of Pittsburgh at this point.

Personally, I dislike them, but not sure if it’s hate. The only team in pro sports I truly hate is the blue and white.

It is also annoying that the team that got Lemieux and Jagr is also the team that got Crosby and Malkin.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I don't understand how anyone couldn't be at least somewhat excited about the playoffs this season. Every matchup is interesting aside from perhaps CBJ/WAS. Potential for upsets is there, some great rivalries.....yeah, I'm totally psyched for the 1st round.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
We've had more injuries to key players in games against the Pens than the rest of the league combined.

They are a dirty team and have been for several years.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
I like the Pens as well, I said last year when we lost that if a team had to eliminate us in the playoffs I was glad it was the Penguins. Crosby's an amazing player too.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
The team that got Gretzky is also the team that got McDavid. In the end, there's envy that contributes to opposing teams fan's disliking them.
For me it was the threats of moving the team in both instances...They get the superstar/stacked team each time....Pittsburgh ,needs to be NYI bad for a few decades ,after Malkin and Sid retire...They have had enough favors from the league

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We've had more injuries to key players in games against the Pens than the rest of the league combined.

They are a dirty team and have been for several years.

I personally don't mind playing dirty.. I payed hockey in an era where playing dirty and getting away with it was part of it... They used to call one of the all time greats Gordie Howe "Mr. Elbows"... Players hated going into the corners with them.. If you could give a guy a sneaky quick elbow to the head .. it was part of it. I don't like to see players get injured anymore than anyone else. there is a difference between hurt and injured

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015
The team that got Gretzky is also the team that got McDavid. In the end, there's envy that contributes to opposing teams fan's disliking them.

Let's hope that the team who got Karlsson get the "next" Karlsson... Dahlin :)

Or maybe Detroit, because some part of Dahlin's game is compare to Lidstrom..

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I like the Pens as well, I said last year when we lost that if a team had to eliminate us in the playoffs I was glad it was the Penguins. Crosby's an amazing player too.

I've had a continued hatred for the Pens for as long as I can remember but now that Brass is there and that a 3-peat would be pretty awesome I wouldn't mind them winning again as much.

Go Preds and Jets! Lots of great teams in the mix.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
I think I'll try to catch the opening for Las Vegas tonight but after that I don't expect to watch any games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino