Status
Not open for further replies.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Yeah- I’m wondering the same thing??

We were watching the game and I’m thinking “that guy sounds just like Paul”- lol

It’s weird- There has to be some reason why he’s doing it, right??
He was on Darren and Daunic this morning and said he'd been asked to do it back in January. My guess is that Barry Trotz was somehow involved in this decision, but he didn't say so while I was listening. I couldn't listen to the whole interview but I'm sure it'll be up on the website later.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
He was on Darren and Daunic this morning and said he'd been asked to do it back in January. My guess is that Barry Trotz was somehow involved in this decision, but he didn't say so while I was listening. I couldn't listen to the whole interview but I'm sure it'll be up on the website later.
I also saw something later on twitter that apparently the Caps announcer is out for some reason so I guess that is reason he didn’t do the game

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I also thought it was random as hell that the Avs PA announcer did the Olympics (I think). I feel like I was watching USA-Canada and was like wait I recognize that voice.

sparkle twin

Jul 31, 2002
Smashville, TN
Paul was on the Preds Insider radio show tonight and said the NHL wanted to go towards a more "neutral" announcer for these outdoor games. And from what I heard, the NHL really likes Paul.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Not that I have any sympathy for them, but you know the Jets and their fans have to be like "really?"

They are 8-2-0 in their last 10 and have lost ground....

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Not that I have any sympathy for them, but you know the Jets and their fans have to be like "really?"

Yeah and I actually saw several Ducks fans say the only team better than them is us. I just laughed because I'd rather play Anaheim all day long than play Winnipeg.

Reactions: PredsV82

NightowlPred

Apr 7, 2017

Maybe it‘s because I am from across the pond and don‘t have to deal with their fans on a regular basis. But the only teams I‘d be ok with (as in well they kindof deserved it) going all the way in stead of the Preds are the Jets and Tampa. Has to be a respect for the accomplishment of a worthy adversary thing.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I know its not likely but would really like to see the Ducks go on a tailspin and miss the playoffs.

Looked at the East standings for the first time in a while... hate to see that NJ is about to fall out of the playoffs... I think Shero has done a good job there and would be good to see him rewarded.

Reactions: NightowlPred

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I know its not likely but would really like to see the Ducks go on a tailspin and miss the playoffs.

Looked at the East standings for the first time in a while... hate to see that NJ is about to fall out of the playoffs... I think Shero has done a good job there and would be good to see him rewarded.
They can pick things up AFTER Saturday. 'k?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Crap... all 3 games of interest to us taking a turn for the worse late in the thirds....

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Ok the most important game went our way... WPG losing means they can't catch us solely by winning the two games left against us.

I knew it was too much to expect Buffalo and Montreal to hold 1 goal leads...

Edit.. but it woulda been nice if the Habs could have cashed that late PP..... Tampa going to OT again...

Last edited:

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Watching the Wild game right now (they're going to lose to the Oilers) and the ad that is put on the glass behind the net is AndrewZimmern.com, the Travel Channel guy that eats balls and feet and cheeks and rancid whale meat and stuff. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad