Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The NHL thanks Seattle's ownership group and the great fans of the Pacific Northwest. Here's your free Pacific Division banner courtesy of a free scalping of our other 31 organizations.

If you call the reported franchise fee of 650 million "free" I'm not sure what to say.

Leipold/Gaylord paid 70 million I believe by comparison.

I don't have a problem with it. Vegas mainly got third liners and second pair defensemen. The goalie situation in Pittsburgh was a gift for Vegas not guaranteed to be repeated in the next draft.

What Gallant has done with that team is remarkable and shouldn't be dismissed as a result of some kind of unfair advantage. Vegas and Seattle will be good for the league and even better if they don't suck for years at the start

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
So Seattle is more hockey crazed than Smashville huh?
There's certainly a lot of hockey fans there. They have two WHL teams that draw very well and have the Canucks a couple hours away. Once they have their own franchise I think they'll be immediately viable.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
The NHL thanks Seattle's ownership group and the great fans of the Pacific Northwest. Here's your free Pacific Division banner courtesy of a free scalping of our other 31 organizations.
30, not 31; if they go by the prior rules, Vegas will be exempt since they're still new.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Pittsburgh better hope Murray isnt out long...Boston hung a snowman on them in less than 2 periods

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
it would be huge to win the west and get home ice against winnipeg or vegas. then we hope tampa, pittsburgh, and boston beat up on each other before making it to the finals.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I'll settle for winning the division and having home ice against Winnipeg. Everything else is gravy. Really glad we cashed in the GIH last night. I'm not sure we've ever lead the division by 6 points late in the season..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad