Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Come on, the Flames have lost 25 straight in Anaheim. You know their fans don't want to play them in a series. (actually maybe they do after last night's Fowler/Giordano incident. Would be fun.). But come on Calgary, let us have em. You know you want to.

tumblr_ly4z1zITNU1rnw80to1_r3_250.gif

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
I think we could definitely go for Duchene this summer. I originally thought he was UFA this season but it appears he has 2 more years left. Maybe the asking price will go down this summer.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth
I think we could definitely go for Duchene this summer. I originally thought he was UFA this season but it appears he has 2 more years left. Maybe the asking price will go down this summer.

Agreed. Ek hasn't been good this season he's expendable get a UFA d-man to replace him.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA

I'd rather make a run for Tavares, to hell with Duchene, he has absolutely sucked dong down the stretch.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
They should never have TBL play against TOR ...it looks like an intrasquad scrimmage.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Leafs and Pens tied after 2. If the Leafs cant pull out a win tonight the bootie pucker factor will be off the scale in TO

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
Kings fire Sutter. What the ****?

Kings fans have been calling that for a for a while now.

And when you think about it, the two cup runs were both from low seeds, Sutter never won a division as Kings coach, so when squeaking into the playoffs but usually over performing changed to missing the playoffs, with no chance to redeem themselves in the playoffs, it was time for a change, apparently

Edit... sounds like they fired Lombardi too

Last edited:

deanwormer

Nov 5, 2009
Nashville
Dumb dumb dumb by the Kings Lombardi is one of the best in the business.

Fired for not doing what Poile should be on the hot-seat for when this team falls to Chitaco - not firing the coach. Sutter has been mediocre - it's been Lombardi's moves as GM that gave them pieces, but Sutter has never been able to put them together for a truly perform-to-potential season.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Fired for not doing what Poile should be on the hot-seat for when this team falls to Chitaco - not firing the coach. Sutter has been mediocre - it's been Lombardi's moves as GM that gave them pieces, but Sutter has never been able to put them together for a truly perform-to-potential season.

I would argue Sutter is more responsible for the Cup wins than Lombardi was. That first Cup win, even after the Carter trade, the Kings looked like they would miss the playoffs (and speculation at that time was Lombardi would likely get canned) until Sutter came in and righted the ship. Lombardi's handling of the Richards situation, contracts like Gaborik's, and wasting assets in trades for the likes of Lucic and Sekera are what have sunk the Kings team. That all said, Sutter has definitely outlived his "best before" date. There was a story that sometime during the 2015 season, the players barricaded the locker room with trash cans so he couldn't get in after a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->