Around the NHL VIII - 2017-2018 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Caps breakaway OT goal :thumbu:

6 points up on Jets with 1 game in hand

I’ll take it but still frustrating that Caps could not hold their 3rd period lead

The tying goal they gave up was ridiculous- they left Laine of all people completely alone in the circle- there was no one near him

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I’ll take it but still frustrating that Caps could not hold their 3rd period lead

The tying goal they gave up was ridiculous- they left Laine of all people completely alone in the circle- there was no one near him

Ill take holding them to one point and making them play OT. We have no excuse to not be the fresher, faster, more energetic team tomorrow night.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I would love to see the likes of Getzlaf and Perry miss the playoffs.

this x 1000. However I'd rather it be Colorado in the WC2 spot. We are less likely to lose a player to injury playing them than the Blues. Plus if Allen has his head back on straight he can be very hard to beat.

NightowlPred

Apr 7, 2017
this x 1000. However I'd rather it be Colorado in the WC2 spot. We are less likely to lose a player to injury playing them than the Blues. Plus if Allen has his head back on straight he can be very hard to beat.
Totally agree with you. Additionally the Avs currently look to me somewhat like a one trick pony.

predfan98

Aug 5, 2007
Not that I feel sorry for the players listed but I question two things in that analysis.. first, is the escrow return really that low every year, and second(I don't think it is) and second the state taxes vary widely, like in TN they are zero

Article was very misleading. I believe the players have a guaranteed pension at age 45. I imagine that comes from the escrow amount. A very big thing to leave out. I don't know if they also have a medical plan as a group also.

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
The Western conference playoff race is going to be really interesting the rest of the way. There are 4 teams that are pretty well locked in- Preds, Jets, Knights and Wild.

That leaves 4 spots and 7 teams fighting for those spots. And right now 5 points separates those 7 teams:
San Jose 83
Dallas 82
LA 81
Colorado 80
Anaheim 80
St Louis 79
Calgary 78

There are two battles- one for 2nd and 3rd place in the Pacific and one for the wild card spots.

Some thoughts:
St Louis looked completely dead but they inexplicably had back to back wins at LA and Anaheim and are now right back in the race. Just goes to show that it is pretty hard to be out of the playoff race- the Blues lost 9 out of 10 games and yet still sit here just one point out of playoffs.

I thought for certain Anaheim was going to finish in top 3 in the Pacific but they have now lost 3 in a row and are currently out of the playoffs and have only 12 games left.

I also thought the Avs would have dropped out by now but they continue to win and are currently the #2 wild card.

Dallas is currently WC1 but they are trending in the wrong direction and could be in trouble..

We are likely not going to have any idea who we will face in round 1 until the final day or two of the season.

Will be fascinating to see what happens………

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
LA doing everything they can to keep Anaheim in the playoff hunt..
screw it. let arizona win. we go in there Thursday with them winning their last game and maybe they play suck-ier instead of coming off a loss. if that makes sense. my thinking anyways..

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
screw it. let arizona win. we go in there Thursday with them winning their last game and maybe they play suck-ier instead of coming off a loss. if that makes sense. my thinking anyways..

Yep- I always would rather play a team on the road coming off a win, than a loss.

But I guarantee that Arizona game is going to be a challenge- they are actually playing very well and we are coming off another emotional huge win.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Arizona is going to be a tough game. They always play us tough no matter the record and have been playing well for a while now. 11-3-2 n their last 16.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Penguins gifted a penalty shot in a tie game with 10.7 seconds left because the Rangers goalie was sliding post to post and knocked the net off. This happened a couple minutes after Sullivan wouldn't stop bitching at the refs. Luckily the penalty shot was stopped but when McGuire and Milbury are saying it was a shitty call, you know it was a shitty call. Remember that when Penguins fans say they don't get calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad